PDA

View Full Version : Pointer question

VIKING9
1st Feb 2006, 12:09
Any idea why my pointer glides across the screen slowly? I have the speed setting up to max !

The mouse is a cordless one - would that make a difference ??

Avtrician
1st Feb 2006, 13:39
may be the battery is going flat???

VIKING9
1st Feb 2006, 16:59
Thanks for the input but I had already thought of that. Oddily enough, it was the first thing to check after making sure that there wasn't huge amounts of dust on the screen slowing the pointer down :uhoh:

Conan the Librarian
1st Feb 2006, 18:25
Cordless Mice are quite adept at wandering off under their own steam. I have used half a dozen in the last few years, but as was said earlier, changing the batteries is a good first step. If youknow your batts to be good, then re synchronise the mouse with the rcvr. That should sort things out.

Conan

PS Guess what I am just doing? Yup - installing a new mouse and keyboard... My Belkin mouse was playing up and they sent out a later model mouse and a new and better keyboard too. Belkin apparently have a lifetime guarantee on many of their products and the customer support is excellent. Ten out of Ten, Belkin!

shuttlebus
1st Feb 2006, 19:44
Only noticed the "ghost mouse" after swapping to optical mouse (Got sick of having to clean the mouse ball)

Seems that the creep you see is a function of mousemat surface and ambient light......

Then of course there are the times when I hit the mouse pad in front of the keyboard on my laptop :rolleyes:

Regards,

Shuttlebus