PDA

View Full Version : flying in lesotho?

cessna_nam
1st Feb 2006, 07:22
I currently finished my PPL in Namibia, but will be staying in Lesotho for the next couple of weeks. Does anybody know an opportunity to do some flying there? Any contact to a flight school, flying club etc. would be highly appreciated. Would be quite hard if I couldn't fly at all during that time.
Thanks.

Romeo E.T.
1st Feb 2006, 10:10
Depending on where in Lesotho, you could always hop across the border to Ficksburg, there is a new flying school established there recently run by Sean Hughes (local cherry farmer).

cessna_nam
1st Feb 2006, 10:36
Romeo, thanks for the answer. Do you have any contact details? And do you by any chance know whether there is a possibility to fly in Ladybrand as well?

Romeo E.T.
1st Feb 2006, 11:25
Try going to http://www.malutiair.com/ and you will see all there is about Sean Hughes.

As far as Ladybrand is concerned, nil flying school there only a few owner only aircraft, I have a good friend there although haven't been in contact for many "moons" now, but if in Ladybrand area look up N D ( used to be in the insurance industry there) owned a Cherokee 6, then a Baron 58, thereafter a Bonanza36 and now ( as far as I am aware) a super cub and an exotic motorized glider. I am sure that you will be welcomed with open arms by him for some fun flying, but once again no flight school and no hire and fly out if Ladybrand.

bigmanatc
1st Feb 2006, 12:09
Hey Romeo....do you know if Normans mate C B is still around..? He`s the man to tell you all about flying in Lesotho.

Romeo E.T.
1st Feb 2006, 12:44
Colin not in freestate or Lesotho any more, went down to E/cape to become NAC manager at PLZ airport but then Colin was never a manager type of person, should have stuck to flying aeries, got himself "fired/asked to leave quitely" from NAC....dont know where he is nowadays.

Pity though.... had alot of time for Colin, friendly chap!

Solid Rust Twotter
1st Feb 2006, 12:58
Colin is currently working in South Sudan. Don't think anyone knows those Lesotho mountains better than him. He has 10000 hours of C206 time in those mountains, not counting his Islander and DHC6 time.

Good bloke...:ok:

bigmanatc
1st Feb 2006, 15:24
Hey jetdriver....what gives...?? why edit Colin`s name and not Norman`s...? and only on my post....??

SRT
Yes he certainly is a Good Bloke as is Norman...:ok:

Cessna
Bethlehem also not far away and J P is a legend there I`m sure he can point you in the right direction.

Good luck