PDA

View Full Version : bmi MAN - LHR

FlyZB
31st Jan 2006, 21:09
Quick question. Just booked Manchester to Heathrow with BD. Could anyone tell me if they offer a complementary in flight service or is it buy on board on their domestic routes?

lexxity
31st Jan 2006, 21:23
Hi ZB,
it is buy on board bmi LHR routes.

Little Blue
31st Jan 2006, 23:55
You'll have to hope that the crew are quick with the trolleys, cos you won't be airbourne for much more than 30 mins !

Barry Coomer
1st Feb 2006, 00:13
I have used this service fairly frequently, but the last time I used this service was about twelve months ago. We got a complimentary breakfast.
However I do remember reading somewhere on here that this was to cease.
As stated previously, it was a rush on a 30-odd minute flight.
Have to say, great service though.

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
1st Feb 2006, 05:59
I have used this service fairly frequently, but the last time I used this service was about twelve months ago. We got a complimentary breakfast.
However I do remember reading somewhere on here that this was to cease.
As stated previously, it was a rush on a 30-odd minute flight.
Have to say, great service though.

Think you'll find that MAN-LHR is usually less of a rush than LHR-MAN as there is usually no holding when flying into Ringway.

Although I've done MAN-LHR in 31 mins in the air on a Saturday afternoon, you can usually add a good 10 minutes to that, whereas LHR-MAN is pretty rarely more than 35 mins in the air.

WHBM
1st Feb 2006, 08:32
last time I used this service was about twelve months ago ........ Have to say, great service though.
Completely changed now, to Nigel Turner' new wonderplan :rolleyes: . All catering is pay-on-board, and it is not unknown for the cabin crew to not make it through everyone on the shorter trips like Manchester. In any event they seem to load fairly small quantities on board and things often run out.

Not certain if the crew are on sales commission like they are on Ryanair, others here will know.

FlyZB
1st Feb 2006, 15:37
Thanks for the information everyone. Thought this would be the case and it's not really an issue on such a short flight. Although, i was originally going to fly to LGW with jet2 and this was £10 cheaper so I was hoping to justify the fare difference by being given freebies on board. Nevermind hey :)
I presume it's just sandwiches they offer? Doubt i'll bother.

agent x
1st Feb 2006, 16:05
Completely changed now, to Nigel Davies' new wonderplan :rolleyes:

FYI - Its Nigel Turner

MyData
1st Feb 2006, 21:06
Pay as you go I'm afraid. Coffee IIRC is the Kenco stuff in plastic cups - just add hot water for £1.50. The trolley assortment is much like you might get on an inter-city train.

So MAN-LHR *is* pay on board, In December I was doing MAN-GLA and MAN-EDI a few times, I can't remember now if there was anything served or it was pay-as-you-go, MAN-TLS is still food provided.

If you want a coffee / snack then there is a coffee stand at MAN at the gate which (IMHO) is better than the stuff you get before security or in the lounge or onboard.

Although the snack doesn't make or break the flight experience it did sometimes make a difference after a long day / week to be able to ask for a couple of wines on the flight home. I've now given up on what to expect and instead take a coffee/wine and snacks in the lounge if so inclined and if I want something more substantial I'll get it at the airport.

I haven't noticed any significant reduction in fares though!

FlyZB
1st Feb 2006, 21:33
Guess there's not a great deal of demand for such a service on this flight with the duration being so short, so I assume they dont make much of an effort. I agree though, it would be nice to be offered a complimentary drink and snack after a long day. I've got a mad dash across London for my return flight at 20.50 and therefore I doubt i'll get chance to pick anything up on the way, so I reckon i'll be taking advantage of whatever they've got to offer on board regardless of the price. I believe BA still offer complimentary service on the MAN - LHR/LGW routes? Though their fares seem a little higher than bmi's, so i guess it's swings and roundabouts

WHBM
2nd Feb 2006, 07:25
FYI - Its Nigel Turner
Silly me - used the name of a business colleague instead !