PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to iTunes

joe2812
31st Jan 2006, 18:39
After a reformat of my laptop it's confirmed that iTunes is causing my CPU spikes to 100%.

I've downgraded as far as I can on iTunes (from v6.0.2.23 to 6.0.1.3) but still having the problems.

Does anyone know of a good media player which offers the same sort of layout and info as iTunes? I've got Winamp but it doesn't offer the info on tracks like iTunes does.

God knows how i'm going to update my iPod but i'll cross that bridge when I come to it (and buy an iRiver...). :E

shuttlebus
31st Jan 2006, 19:18
joe,

Musicmatch Jukebox is pretty good and amongs the folks I know, would be their preferred option, if they didn't own an iPod.

However, at least one of them uses Musicmatch for everything except putting tracks on the pod, because they feel the interface is much better.

I have recenlty just made the switch myself from iTunes to Musicmatch, although I now have a Sony MP3 20Gb hard disk player, which like the pod, requires its own software to get the music on-board.

Regards,

Shuttlebus

joe2812
31st Jan 2006, 21:13
Shuttlebus,

That's done the trick, exactly what I was after. Many thanks! :}

Joe.

touch&go
1st Feb 2006, 14:23
I find Media Centre very good, fast and works ok on my old PC and I use it to move music to my Ipod.

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/