View Full Version : Crew food - your thoughts....

NYC328
31st Jan 2006, 09:04
I,m doing some work on crew food, looking at long haul flying for a project on promotion.

I would be interested in hearing all thoughts on the food thats provided with your airline, what you think of it , what it should be, ideas you may have for improving, and what the caterers should start considering when they put it together....

and why is it always the same for so long - or maybe thats just me!

All posts are received with thanks....:ok:

GorgeousKiwiGal
31st Jan 2006, 11:09
I worked for QF and the food out of NZ was usually pretty much the same (Gnocci, Chicken Provencal, Beef Curry or Museli and toast on early flights, all with dinner rolls, salads, desserts etc). Unfortunately as Cabin Crew we didn't have a choice of meal options (i.e. kosher, vegetarian, non fat etc etc), you basically ate what was given or a left over PAX meal. Being a vegetarian that was a little difficult for me, but there was always lots of salads to choose from - so I did OK.

The food did become increasingly better and the Tech Crew began to get choices for their mains etc and a snack box - which was great for them. Basically a big plastic bin full of cheese and crackers, chocolate bars, museli bars, packets of chippies, biscuits etc.

If there's anything else you would like to know - please feel free to ask - I would be only too happy to help :ok: .

christep
31st Jan 2006, 11:42
the Tech Crew began to get choices for their mains etc and a snack box - which was great for them. Basically a big plastic bin full of cheese and crackers, chocolate bars, museli bars, packets of chippies, biscuits etc. That explains a lot about the shape of some of the Tech Crew :D

wing_nut
31st Jan 2006, 11:48
Tech Crew get a choice for a reason. I would have thought CC were conversant with that reason!

surfside6
31st Jan 2006, 22:00
Crew food is generally loaded with saturated fat and highly processed carbs.
Very little good quality protein.
I take my own

GorgeousKiwiGal
1st Feb 2006, 12:57
Tech Crew get a choice for a reason. I would have thought CC were conversant with that reason!

Yes, I am well aware of that reason - as I am sure all CC are (or at least I'd jolly well hope so as it's a part of our checks!!), but that is not at all what I meant. I am not saying that THEY (the tech crew) should not have a choice. So please do not assume that. I am simply stating that several Cabin Crew I have worked with (myself included) have dietary needs (diabetic, vegetarian, low fat, Muslim etc etc) and it would be awesome if we got more of a choice ... of course things are getting alot better all the time and if you make friends with the right people in the right places - you generally get what you want - lol ;) .

And with my comment re; the tech crew getting a choice. Obviously they have to have meals that meet their dietary needs (if they have any) and meals that differ from one anothers. What I meant was they began to get a choice of exactly what they wanted to eat - which was awesome. We have to look after our boys and gals at the helm.