PDA

View Full Version : Zambian Airways / Kulula link up

9J-LUN
31st Jan 2006, 08:38
Any info about how the new JNB flights with the leased MD82 will be managed?
I understand Zambian Airways are saying they will manage the operation and I guess Kulula will crew the MD82.
Will it fly in Kulula livery?

A new era for Zambian Airways!

Spanish Flyboy
1st Feb 2006, 06:54
Just the latest in the Zambian Airways line of selling their traffic rights because K.com couldn't get them from the SA side. Just like before they will get dumped at the appropriate time.
S Fb

SIC
1st Feb 2006, 13:28
Seems to be the same as the old CE setup. Only way to get your finger in the rich Vic Falls tourist pie is to form some alliance with the Zambians. CE even hired three Zam pilots in order to get the route a few years back.

beechbum
1st Feb 2006, 16:22
Spanish Flyboy that's a bit of a pessimistic view of things....:hmm: as for the Vic Falls pie.....Comair has inroads into there already operating BA flights to both Vic Falls and Livingstone. Don't think Kulula will start operating there just yet. But anything could happen.Let's wait and see!!!!:ok:

Gunship
2nd Feb 2006, 19:43
Advert from Kulula :

Hi Gunship,

So there was a good reason Noah was told to take 'two' of each into the Ark. Two is a
fantastic little number and it makes perfect sense that most things work better in pairs.
Think 'knife and fork' or 'a pair of hands' - they just work because they have two of the
same (okay, so a pair of left hands would be pretty useless, but who cares, it's called poetic
license - work with us here.)

Anyway, since 'two' held up on your fingers is also the sign for 'peace', we've got two
things to tell you:

1) We've given East London our best shot, and unfortunately it's just not cutting it, so
we've stopped our flights on the route. It turns out that London is nowhere near East
London. Sorry East Londoners, we still love you though.

2) And, we're going to start flying two new routes (which are also nowhere near
London either):

Lanseria Cape Town
and
Jo'burg Lusaka (in Zambia, silly) :p

So the next time you book your flight online, you'll notice two two more flying options.

Lanseria Airport is terrific news for you if live in the northern suburbs of Jo'burg,
Centurion, Midrand, West rand and even Pretoria. Why, you ask? Because this airport is
hellava convenient for you, and parking there is so easy.

Our two new routes start flying at the beginning of March so get ready to grab yourself a
great deal online.

pilotezulu
2nd Feb 2006, 21:30
oooh my... im gonna have plenty of visitors ... and planes to spot.:E gosh, i feel special. kulula and 1time. quite interesting.