PDA

View Full Version : FAA to JAA CPL/IR

jamess115
31st Jan 2006, 04:59
Hi,
I am new to this website & desperate for anybody who has knowledge on the FAA CPL/IR Conversion requirements to offer me some advise :o)
Basically, i have an FAA Single Eng. IR and the JAA ATPL Groundschool - (Aquired at Bristol) - My goal is to obtain a JAA (multi) CPL/IR and need advise on the cheapest/quickest; in short the most efficient way to proceed.

My options are, as i see them:
1. To obtain my single and multi FAA CPL (which incorporates the multi IR portion) at the school i am currently training at in the US and then convert it to a JAA CPL/IR, in which case - what is involved in this FAA multi CPL/IR Conversion? How difficult is this? Must i convert the Multi CPL and IR seperately in England or can i convert both in one lump?
OR
2. Just obtain the Single Eng. CPL here in the US and then convert that to a JAA CPL and obtain my Multi CPL/(IR) add-on as a seperate venture in the UK to supplement my then JAA (Single -eng) CPL/IR?
This is a tough one and very confusing im afraid. :confused: Still, i would be so happy for some advise on this if anyone has the knowledge. :)

Thankyou
James.