PDA

View Full Version : The Good,the Bad and the Indifferent

CRAZYBROADSWORD
30th Jan 2006, 15:17
First off this is not about slagging off companies you don't like but a chance to find out how differant companies treat their pilots,so the rest of us can decide if we should work for these people or not.

So let me start I work for a Cabair flying schools as a pay as you fly instructor.

The good points are:

Free unifrom
Lots of flying hours

The bad points:

Crap management
low pay
being forced to work only for them or lose your job
having to pay for all currancy flights
having no garantee of work or pay beyond whats in the booking sheets

So genaraly as an employer I would say work for them if you are desparate and only until you find other work or risk losing your love of flying.

Next.....................................

Teefor Gage
30th Jan 2006, 17:37
First off this is not about slagging off companies you don't like but a chance to find out how differant companies treat their pilots,so the rest of us can decide if we should work for these people or not.

So what's the difference then...... Certainly looks like slagging off your employer to me.

bell hater
30th Jan 2006, 19:36
Just the bad points

“Crap management” – welcome to the helicopter world (it’s a shark tank)
“Low pay” – why don’t you negotiate a better deal for yourself (and by doing that actually helping your fellow pilots who come after you)
“Being forced to work only for them or lose your job” – if you can get a better deal take it (they obviously hold no allegiance to you, below point)
“Having no guarantee of work or pay beyond what’s in the booking sheets” - (see ‘crap management’)
“Paying for your own currency flights”? - And you say you work for them… so you actually pay to get checked out in company aircraft, so you can make money for the company… seams a little upside down, Isn’t your employer is supposed to pay you

It’s obvious that you are pissed with your current arrangement, why don’t you do something about it? The above points are probably best left for a crew room (out of management’s ear shot) and when you think about it there isn’t much anonymity here at pprune, most of the members that fly in the UK could find out who you are with 2 phone calls. So I don’t think that you will get many replies with working conditions – just my (limited) opinion
Bell Hater

TheFlyingSquirrel
30th Jan 2006, 22:06
Crazy - I hope you can spell better than you fly !:E

Helipolarbear
30th Jan 2006, 22:37
Crazy, don't mind the Squirrel.......sure he can hardly read let alone fly!:}
It's good to sound off! You will be abused for as long as it takes to get a job that makes you happy.......and thats about as relative to you and no one else. Fly Safe First!:)

Rich Lee
31st Jan 2006, 00:01
I would like to believe that the pilots who post Pprune Rotorheads are above this sort of thing.