PDA

View Full Version : SAA PPL Class 2 Medical how long is it valid

SHARPPOINT
29th Jan 2006, 15:00
Just looking at my ppl and realised my medical certificate says its due to run out in April this year, (I got it Arpil last year), but my license says its due to run out in April next year 2007.

The first class 2 medical i got this being my second lasted for 2 years.

Can anyone clarify this.

ie is my licencse correct or my medical certificate correct, or has the Doc :mad: it up.

Help appreciated.

PEPSIPILOT
29th Jan 2006, 15:06
They made a mistake with ur Class 2 Medical it should be valid for 2 years and ur license must be valid for 1 year but if ur medical is finished than ur license will be finished until u update ur medical and send a form to the CAA

Better make sure u sort it out before APRIL

Spetsnaz
29th Jan 2006, 20:33
They made a mistake with ur Class 2 Medical it should be valid for 2 years and ur license must be valid for 1 year but if ur medical is finished than ur license will be finished until u update ur medical and send a form to the CAA
1st issue PPL valid only 1 year, then 2 years after pass another test. CAA make more dosh that way. UK JAR PPL valid 5 years I believe!?

EagleWings
30th Jan 2006, 02:26
Sorry chaps, a bit off the original topic.
Spet......
Going on what I've experienced doing PPL renewal tests I think it's a good thing that PPL's have to be checked out every 2 years! As for the first renewal, which as you said is due after one year(or after reaching 150 and before reaching 180 hrs) whichever comes first, this one is a real MUST.

Yes I know the CAA is making lots of money out of us, but I think a PPL renewal is a small price to pay for keeping people flying safely!
Cheers
EW

rags
31st Jan 2006, 12:55
Going on what I've experienced doing PPL renewal tests I think it's a good thing that PPL's have to be checked out every 2 years! As for the first renewal, which as you said is due after one year(or after reaching 150 and before reaching 180 hrs) whichever comes first, this one is a real MUST.
Yes I know the CAA is making lots of money out of us, but I think a PPL renewal is a small price to pay for keeping people flying safely!
Cheers

Can't agree more. PPL's has this fear of flying with instructors on a regular basis, but will waste flying frends for tee at Sincity. :confused: