PDA

View Full Version : JAR converting CAAC

purple head
29th Jan 2006, 04:18
Hi, I'm converting my JAR to CAAC in China. I know the exams are based on the American system and am fine with the CPL, instruments (already done communication and Basic English exams). I just want some info regarding the ATP exam. I have been given some ASA test prep software that generates practice exams for the American ATP exam. But before generating a practice exam I have to choose between ATP part 121 or ATP part 135. Does anyone know are these both applicable to the Chinese ATP exam, or should I concentrate on one or the other? No one here seems to know.
Thanks in advance and to anyone else in China..... Xin Nian Kuai Le (Happy Chinese New Year)

King Air
29th Jan 2006, 17:39
PH,

the chinese ATP exams is almost same as the US paper. what you need to do is study the US ATP test Prep.

BTW, are you chinese?:O

purple head
30th Jan 2006, 00:46
I'm British :ok:

chinapilot223
30th Jan 2006, 06:26
PH

Are you working for a Chinese airline? and if so who? how is the pay? What base?

purple head
30th Jan 2006, 08:39
Why do you want to know this? Yes I work in China. Its a bit of the original topic. maybe private me?

777Efoh
9th Feb 2006, 06:54
Hi Purplehead,

Kindly provide some insight/tips to the ATP, Comm (RT) and English tests.

1) Is the ATP exam strictly based on the FAA ATP test bank?
2) Do you have to do a Morse Code practical test for the Comm test?
3) What can you expect from the English test?

Your input would be valuable. Thanks in advance!

purple head
9th Feb 2006, 07:15
Just did the ATP, it was similar to FAA ATP questions i had been given, i have not done FAA exams so not sure if the set up is exactly the same. There are some Chinese regulations so it must be slightly different.
Comms is easy, listerning, speaking. gives you little pictures of situations and you need choose which RT fits the picture, choice of four. The computer takes you through certain parts of a flight and you need to reply to what the computer ATC says to you, ie ask for push back, give a mayday call, cancell mayday call, an ILS approach. I think what you get in comms varies so dont just learn the above parts.
I have the basic english test. private me an e-mail and i can send it to you.
you wouldn't be one of Air China's new A340 captain would you? They are getting 25 provided by airbus.

777Efoh
11th Feb 2006, 15:33
Purple Head,

Thanks and please check your PM.

777EfoH