View Full Version : Patriot Aviation

WhySAS
28th Jan 2006, 18:58
Good or bad?

Anyone have any opinions?

Thanks in advance!

quichemech
28th Jan 2006, 19:03
In what way? Maintenance, sales, training?

WhySAS
28th Jan 2006, 19:10
Quichemech,

Maintenance and Training please

221B
29th Jan 2006, 08:03
I have always been very happy with Patriot as a SFH customer. The training and check rides are thorough and practical and customer service is better than other organisations that I have flown with in the past. I am not an engineer, but the machines seem well looked after and are hangered overnight.

I don't have any connection other than as a customer.

Helipolarbear
30th Jan 2006, 15:29
If Paul is the Chief Engineer or Maint. Mgr..........You're in safe hands! Arthur Daley might still be in the Sales Dept...........

spice island
30th Jan 2006, 20:26
Good evening WhySas,

As with some of the U.K helicopter operators be aware!!
Money grabbing and dishonest, inc maintenance!!
Tread carefully.

WhySAS
30th Jan 2006, 21:24
Helipolarbear,

That is a bit cryptic for me, would you care the expand?

Helipolarbear
30th Jan 2006, 21:32
Sales.....Kind of like the market stalls of 'Eastenders' on a bad day! Is that decoded enough for you? Like most Car Salespeople....Helisales are just as original!:eek:

TheFlyingSquirrel
30th Jan 2006, 21:44
As with some of the U.K helicopter operators be aware!!
Money grabbing and dishonest, inc maintenance!!
Tread carefully.

Welcome to the world !!

Helipolarbear
30th Jan 2006, 22:32
They had a fine looking Filly working Flt Ops who has since moved on...at their loss! Lisa...she would know the scoop. Call and see if they'll give you a follow up phone or email:ok:
And Yeah, Welcome to the 'Jungle'

Bell212
31st Jan 2006, 00:34
If Paul is the Chief Engineer or Maint. Mgr..........You're in safe hands! Arthur Daley might still be in the Sales Dept...........

Paul has now moved on but a new Eng Manager has been apointed so the good service will resume:) you will still be in safe hands.

206 jock
31st Jan 2006, 08:19
I took my 206 out of Patriot in 1,000 bits on a low loader. The maintenance management there at the time (2002) were - IMHO, obviously - crooks and liars.

For example, they told me I had to do some major structural work, at a cost of £45k++. I did some research myself, talked to the right people in both the USA and in the UK (inc the CAA) and the final bill was about £3k. Repair, not replacement.

However, things might have changed. I'm glad that a certain person has moved on, as he was the core of the problem, although not Maintenance Manager at the time.

flimflam
1st Feb 2006, 19:49
Surely someone knows why all the management and department heads are leaving or have already left? :suspect:

TREAD LIGHTLY
2nd Feb 2006, 20:05
quichemech.

What do you know about Patriot - in sales, maintenance or training, please let us all know.......a few of the members seem to be interested and it seems you might know something.

Airmech II
3rd Feb 2006, 14:05
I'm the Engineering Manager so well biased !!!!
Never had any complaints and customers seem more than satisfied with the efforts we put in to their machines, need further info then by all means give me a call on 01234 752220 during normal working hours and ask for Tony.

TREAD LIGHTLY
3rd Feb 2006, 15:41
AirmechII

Are you the new permanent Engineering Manager, or the temporary contractor trying your best to keep things running smoothly.

Airmech II
3rd Feb 2006, 16:28
I've been Engineering Manager since Oct last year and will hand over to the new guy Keith Parkinson in March. I will then be around until September when a tidy little job somewhere Sunny and Warm but not the Middle East will beckon.
We've employed 2 additional engineers there now and as I left it today it was clean and tidy with all the machines in there polished and sweet . All the Aircraft that are ready to be released have been done so and all in all the guys are well on top of it.
Yes there has been Argy Bargy there particularly with one devious toad trying his hardest to drop us in it but we've come out smelling of roses. That was not Paul might I add, he has gone off to do some contracting.
All in all there are some bloody good engineers with a huge depth of knowledge and a great deal of pride in what they do there. The company has had ups and downs in the past with certain individuals in key positions but tell me where hasn't and the right people are now in place to give engineering the stability and support it needs.
Like I say if you want any more details or a less public chat then by all means send me a PM, call in or give us a ring.

Tony

PEASACAKE
22nd Apr 2009, 11:13
1st question:

Is there any truth in the "rumour" that Patriot are possibly expanding with a A109 operator at Gloucester Airport.....................

2nd Question:

Do Severn Aviation operate an Agusta A109.

henrymonster
22nd Apr 2009, 18:20
I believe Severn have been bought by bristows unsure of the 109 though.

R22 Driver
22nd Apr 2009, 20:49
i did my ppl with the guys at patriot and all my hour building towards my cpl and fi. they have always been extrememly helpful and nothing but professional. i would highly recommend them to anyone considering flight training.

Blue Ribbon
28th Apr 2009, 11:37
Severn don't operate A109's at Glos but Heliflight does

rotorspin
28th Apr 2009, 18:56
not sure of the rumours, but I have to say that the guys at Patriot are no.1!!!

first class chaps and chapettes both in and out of the hangar and in the air! one of the best (if not THE best!) operations in the UK

:D

matspart3
29th Apr 2009, 23:47
Severn is now Bristow Academy and they don't operate an Agusta. Heliflight, also Gloucester-based do.

Dantruck
13th Dec 2009, 20:26
Well, AirstepsUK, perhaps you might now, if not finally, like to contribute something to this site; something more than mere questions that demonstrably fish for information while simultaneously hiding who and, more importantly what, you are?

Nothing personal old chap/chapess, but give us a break, eh!:rolleyes:

Dan