PDA

View Full Version : ferry USA-Europe

deing
28th Jan 2006, 05:58
Looking for some info about ferrying a new Super King Air from Wichita to Europe.
Which places are recommended for fuelstopping, is there a list with all the customsfields in the USA online.
Would it be possible to fly in RVSM/MNPS airspace or would that involve too much paperwork (US rgd, private ops)
Which visas would be required; simtraining at Beech + then the ferry to Europe.

Thanks,
Deing

erikv
28th Jan 2006, 12:13
It seems to me that your questions relate most to controlling cost and efficiency. I'm not sure if those should be your primary concern. You will be operating to some very remote places with possible diversion to an airport that is situated in a deep fjord. Are you sure you want to give it a try based on info you find online? Even if you get good answers, you'd still miss out on valuable information and experience.

Maybe it is worth to consider looking for someone experienced to join you.

Erik.

ACX
28th Jan 2006, 12:37
GAMA Aviation at Farnborough ferried two new Beech 200C's over this month. You could speak to them.

ACX

B200Drvr
28th Jan 2006, 14:56
Deing, You have PM

flyingfemme
28th Jan 2006, 17:55
Check with your insurers first - if you haven't done it before then you should have experienced "company".

PM me if you need an experienced pilot - I provide these things for a living.

deing
28th Jan 2006, 18:35
I'll be a bit more specific, I'm not ferrying the plane just calculating flightlogs. As Wichita-Gander is 2000NM and Gander-Reykjavik 1400NM I was just looking for a place to stop halfway between Wichita-Gander.
Gander-Reykavik should be possible with good weather avoiding the poor approaches in Greenland.

Deing

tej823
28th Jan 2006, 20:14
London, Ontario (CYXU) is between Wichita and Gander. If you want to make the stop in the US...Burlington, VT (KBTV) is a bit over halfway.

Check 6
28th Jan 2006, 23:33
You could take a look at CYYT (St. Johns) to LPLA (Lajes) to LPFR (Faro, Portugal).
The CYYT-LPLA routing in a B200 would work fine because the tail winds in the winter going eastbound are pretty healthy.
Here is what I came up with:
Parameters: FL270 (assuming non-RVSM), normal cruise, direct routing (1234 nm)
4 hours 10 minutes en route
Fuel burn 2450#
Reserve fuel 1249# = 1 hour 30 minutes
Use Santa Maria as an alternate for LPLA
The tail wind component at FL270 is forecast at around 30 kts, based on Boeing historical winds for 14 February 2006.
Good luck,
Check 6

PS, I just flew the exact reverse route two weeks ago (i.e. westbound) in a LJ35. I am available as a contract pilot as we speak if you or your friends need someone.

Martin Barnes
29th Jan 2006, 22:42
I flew one accross last night N208CW. I always cross CYYR to BIKF
the winds were not so good so I droppped into BGBW for extra gas
the chances of making it directly to BIKF from CYYR are about 80%
but on a day with poor winds its cheaper to stop at BGBW than sit at a long range power setting and waste engine time and gas.

I do not cross unless I have a greenland airport open for a diversion.

If you need any advice or a ferry pilot (B200 CRE IR) current on proline 21 PM me

Daifly
11th Feb 2006, 09:44
The Gama ones routed Wichita - North Bay (Canada) - Goose Bay - Reykjavik - Farnborough.

Long old sectors, but the night stops in Goose and Iceland made it worthwhile!

PM if you want more info.

Yogibaboo
13th Feb 2006, 18:05
Goose Bay rules, especially Labrador Inn Hotel :} but approaching to Narssarssuaq along the fiord at alt 300 ft ASL was the most amazing 10 minutes spent in the air in my life. :) Weather was CAVOK of course.

Yogi

Yogibaboo
13th Feb 2006, 18:11
Btw, our route on C525 was Wichita KICT - Buffalo KBUF - Goose Bay CYYR - Narssarssuaq BGBW - Reykiavik BIRK - Stavanger ENZV then Poland.

Yogi