PDA

View Full Version : Biz-Jet work in USA

dboy
27th Jan 2006, 18:25
Hello,

i'm considering to do my FAA CPL-IR ME. (The jaa thing i already have). But i would like to know what are the chances to get a job on a biz-jet?? (in the states) Is the situation there also as bad as in europe??

Any constructive comments are welcome.

grtz

Margarita
27th Jan 2006, 20:17
What do you mean with a bad situation? I guess there never been more jobs available as today. You may have lot of problems in US with required permits.

B200Drvr
28th Jan 2006, 05:08
Dboy.
Unless you have the legal right to live and work in the USA forget it, there are loads of jobs there, but it is virtually impossible to get in. I have worked there (flying) and tried the legal way to get the required authorization to make it long term, and it just cost me money,lots of it. Go and do the FAA certificates and increase your employment scope by being able to fly "N" reg machines in Europe.

dboy
29th Jan 2006, 09:59
B200, thanx fot your advice, but do you really think i will increase my chances in EU? Afterall i'm not sure that there are a lot of N biz jets in europe.

grtz

B200Drvr
29th Jan 2006, 11:36
Dboy, There are enough operators in Europe and the Middle East that will accept an FAA ATP for crew positions, it is ICAO so they get it validated.
I just would not have it as my primary certificate if I didnt live in the US.

mita
31st Jan 2006, 20:10
B200 ,Do you know a good source of charters or cargo flying N¨ registered aircraft in Europe. Where can I find them?
I have an FAA ATP certificate but ,like you ,I´ve been trying to get a sponsor in the US for an H1-B visa ,and that´s impossible.
So ,I´m looking anywhere else.

Thanks

"V"
1st Feb 2006, 06:56
If you are able to get a work permit what would be the kind of experience required to get onto biz jet types??

Just thought i'd jump on

V

B200Drvr
1st Feb 2006, 12:14
Mita,
Most of the ones I have found have been airlines, I subscribe to a jobs forum so pick up stuff from there, NJME accept FAA ATPL it is just a case of right place right time. I will PM you in a few days.
"V"
Very difficult to say, depends on what you will accept, I started as a King-Air F/O with 450 hrs, but 300 was multi. You can look at the freight dog companies to start, lots fly Lear 25's and will look at you from about 500 hrs, in a year you will have 800 hrs jet time and will then be able to move up quickly, for Flexjet, Netjets etc you need about 2500+ but have a good life with them. There is alot of biz-jet flying there and alot of movement. Prospects are good.

mita
1st Feb 2006, 16:25
B200Drvr ;Thanks a lot for your help.Please let me know if you find out any of them are hiring.. Also what jobs forum do you subscribe? So I can check it.

Again thank you

"V"
5th Feb 2006, 04:23
Thanks for that B200, thus far i've got just over 500 TT.

big help

V