PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air coach air audit on CE

737dog
27th Jan 2006, 16:39
Rumour has it that Gulf Air auditors terminated the coach air audit on Nationwide Airlines after looking at the state of the flight ops dept. Now correct me if I am wrong but is this not the infamous Lady B's dept :} :} :}

Perhaps her credentials or lack there of have finally been exposed :mad: :mad:

Shame for CE as it would have been a good alliance :bored:

PEPSIPILOT
28th Jan 2006, 07:17
HEHE maybe they lost Gulf Air Code Share.
But they have won CAA
i read somewhere that CAA will give Nationwide Airlines 3 guys who finish There ATP a chance to fly for NAtionwide
Not sure of the full story.

Solid Rust Twotter
28th Jan 2006, 07:44
Not sure how you see that as a good thing, boet.:confused:

It means three less jobs for those who worked for it.....:* :yuk:

PEPSIPILOT
28th Jan 2006, 07:56
Not sure how you see that as a good thing, boet.:confused:
It means three less jobs for those who worked for it.....:* :yuk:

SRT you right sorry never saw it that way
THE CEO OF NATIONWIDE IS SUCH A PUS...........................................I've edited the rest of the drivel out. Pepsipilot for a wet behind the ears wannabee making your start in aviation you certainly have a bad attitude. I've been through your posts - ten days ago you were the Keen Marine; almost polite. Your most recent posts have become abusive; little more than shooting from the hip on full auto. Chill, take your meds and fit in with the rest of us. By all means, have an opinion but express it with a little respect for others. 4HP

Shrike200
28th Jan 2006, 10:26
^^^ LOL! :D
Reminds me of that scene in 'The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly', where the 'ugly' starts swearing away and they cut in the music over his voice! Nice one 4HP.

737dog
28th Jan 2006, 11:24
You mean "code share" right?

Well no not really.....Code share is for example when two airlines use the same aircraft and s.l.f bearing tickets issued by both carriers board the same plane......Coach air is when one airline brings it's s.l.f into the country and the other airline moves them onto the local/regional destinations......:confused:

But which ever way it is this was terminated by Gulf Air and Nationwide have now lost yet another partnership which may have brought some good revenue in....:uhoh:

Knoppiesdoorn
28th Jan 2006, 12:47
The lady has not been there long enough to really make much of a difference. She's too busy rebuilding her image using CAA with her so called "vision" (see article in "Air News").

Some good guys ran flight ops before her but none of them lasted very long. Vernon, as CEO, runs flight ops with his cell phone from Lanseria. Thats the way it is, if you don't like it, you can go.

The buck stops right where it should ....... at the CEO. A great opportunity missed.

tic
30th Jan 2006, 04:06
PEPSI
4HP is right. Gulf Air, having just started JNB again after many years are probably looking for a feeder partner. Nationwide operates 767's as GF does. If the audit didn't work, then they will look elsewhere. No need for insults.

Malagant
30th Jan 2006, 05:20
CE HAS taken on 3 CAA inspectors as P3 on the 767, CAA paid for their ratings in Canada, and pays their salary at CE while CE pays their S&T in London.. all good and well..asked recently on a flight what exactly they gonna do after their year with CE, 2 replied that they goiing to SAA, the other 1 said same but to a different crew... no problem for them as they are the right denomination to be accepted there... now if that is the case who actually paid their ratings..:( ME, YOU and everyone that pays a cent to CAA had just sponsored them:{ ..we wont get any service back from them as inspectors later. Meanwhile their are crew wanting to go on the 767 yet they had just employed another ZIM pilot on the 767, they have 1 Capt already.. is this part of her so called VISION.

MysticFlyer
30th Jan 2006, 05:50
Spoories will probably gladly take them, feeling great, because their training up till then, didn't cost them a cent.

CAA is short of inspectors, they sponsored training, government, like spoories too.

Methinks the only winner here is the privately owned company with crew on it's strength, for which they did not fork out a cent, nor are they on their payroll, they are on the "tax" payroll!

You just gotta love it! Schweet deals going around....:ok: A NO skull'r, cause there's no brain left too.

starliner
30th Jan 2006, 07:18
Are u just trying to pull the pi**??

Codeshare is simply the use of multiple flight numbers on a single operated flight. I can only guess you heard "coach air" over the phone!!!

Furthermore, on any flight (codeshare or not) u will have s.l.f. carrying tickets from all sorts of carriers.

Well no not really.....Code share is for example when two airlines use the same aircraft and s.l.f bearing tickets issued by both carriers board the same plane......Coach air is when one airline brings it's s.l.f into the country and the other airline moves them onto the local/regional destinations......:confused:

But which ever way it is this was terminated by Gulf Air and Nationwide have now lost yet another partnership which may have brought some good revenue in....:uhoh:

WildFrequency
30th Jan 2006, 08:48
Malagant,
Without wanting to hi-jack this thread too much....
Do you perhaps know if this ex-Zim pilot who has been been employed by NTW on the 767, is the infamous professional first officer from SA Airlink, a certain ex-Zim 767 captain who Airlink employed as part of the Flywell (Airlink Zimbabwe) a few years back. He was employed as a direct entry captain on the EMB135, but after countless line training sectors was re-directed to the righthand seat, and remained there ever since.

Knoppiesdoorn
30th Jan 2006, 10:19
WF:

This pilot was interview by Nationwide during the first round of interviews, prior to the launch of the B767 ops to LGW.

He was not accepted then. I cannot see him being accepted now as that story was know then...

SpootNICK
30th Jan 2006, 13:45
'Coach Air' !!!!

hA ha ha ha ha ha ha :}

thats a keeper:rolleyes:

737dog
30th Jan 2006, 14:35
:* :* :*

You know what .....you lot make me sick....no matter what anyone posts you guys see it as a chance to take the piss out of that person , does not matter if it is a reply they post or a thread that they post.......:yuk: :yuk:

I got this information from someone in the industry and posted it verbatum so instead of you guys taking the :mad: piss...why dont you try and correct what was posted and help...nooooo just on here to take the :mad: piss out of all and sundry.........

Well anyway I am not going to carry on about it anymore because there are stax of other guys on PpRune who are a hell of a lot more helpfull :hmm: :hmm:

And besides there are a lot of 'other' forum-type aviation sites out there who respect a persons views and allow people to voice thier opinions without any slander, piss-taking etc.....and 4HP if you wanna delete this it is fine by me as well.......:* :*

Knoppiesdoorn
30th Jan 2006, 15:04
737D is right..... Lets stop this immature attitude!:sad: :sad:

This thread is about a failed audit of one airline of another; an accepted world wide practice.

Now lets come up with some ideas / thoughts as to why CE failed it.

putt for dough
30th Jan 2006, 15:21
Doggie why don't you just take a chill pill:confused: :confused:

Solid Rust Twotter
30th Jan 2006, 15:39
It helps if you have some idea of what you're talking about before making authoritative statements.

These things happen....

MysticFlyer
30th Jan 2006, 15:41
Excellent post there putter! Must say, ingenius.

737dog may just be well ahead of us in the terminology dept, it's anyway six of one, and half dozen of the other.;)

Fact remains, he (VB) employs quite a number of chaps & chapets, but has an interesting management style, according to the books, very flawed, but heck, it still floats...somehow, (abrupt applause).

He obviously is not enriching state coffer's, merely his stakeholders' interest at heart, logically. Thus, profit focussed, but signs are obvious that he has now entered an sphere called the dark unknown...where decision-making has entered a new dimension (recent appointments). But then again, if it was his own company, he may do as he pleases, but according law and general accepted business practice is always king!

But I'm sure he knows that.:ok:

PEPSIPILOT
30th Jan 2006, 15:50
MysticFlyer well said,

I just wanted to add that VB only hires young people who have just come out of Varisty or even School so just to keep his expenses low,but as he learned that when keeping expenses low you might need to keep it even lower with Cr:mad: p employees :ok:

I used to work for the company so i know

MysticFlyer
30th Jan 2006, 16:15
Pepsi, thanks, but anyway, I'm really sorry I missed your posts before they got deleted, so please spare me the disgust again and check the way you post your schweeties, I'm also guilty of it sometimes, but, rulez is rulez!

Alternatively feel free to post your "banned/edited" goodies as a PM to me. :ok:

737dog
31st Jan 2006, 17:00
It helps if you have some idea of what you're talking about before making authoritative statements.

These things happen....

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: ...SRT if you read the original post it starts with " Rumour has it..."......I for one cant see how a rumour can be an 'authoritative statement'...:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

but obviously I dont seem to have the same linguistic skills as yourself....:rolleyes: :} :}

737dog
31st Jan 2006, 17:03
Doggie why don't you just take a chill pill:confused: :confused:

:} :} :} ...Why???...do you have a large supply that you are trying to get rid of ???....:hmm: :hmm:

737dog
31st Jan 2006, 17:06
MysticFlyer well said,

I just wanted to add that VB only hires young people who have just come out of Varisty or even School so just to keep his expenses low,but as he learned that when keeping expenses low you might need to keep it even lower with Cr:mad: p employees :ok:

I used to work for the company so i know

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: ...So what exactly are you trying to say ???...that ALL the employees at Nationwide are, as you so eloquently put it, Cr:mad: p ???....Maybe you should put your money where your mouth is and go to the CE offices and tell them to thier faces...:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: .....or is that expecting too much from a 'soft drink' ?????:} :} :}

PEPSIPILOT
31st Jan 2006, 17:11
:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: ...So what exactly are you trying to say ???...that ALL the employees at Nationwide are, as you so eloquently put it, Cr:mad: p ???....Maybe you should put your money where your mouth is and go to the CE offices and tell them to thier faces...:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: .....or is that expecting too much from a 'soft drink' ?????:} :} :}

737Dog I did that's why I left but look be my guest go to VB work for him for a month get to know him and than come back to this discussion.
and 2ndly VB doesn't own those AC his EX-wife does

PEPSIPILOT
31st Jan 2006, 17:20
737dog I am not trying to get into a fight or argument what I am trying to say is that his audit got messed up because of inexperienced Staff. :ok:

737dog
31st Jan 2006, 17:31
737Dog I did that's why I left but look be my guest go to VB work for him for a month get to know him and than come back to this discussion.
and 2ndly VB doesn't own those AC his EX-wife does

Look dont get me wrong...I know VB is the most impossible person to work for AND I do know that his wife (they are not divorced yet for obvious reasons) is the main shareholder in the company it is just how your posting came across !!!! It makes it sound as though ALL the employees in the company are cr:mad: p.....and I know for a fact that that is not true.....:ok:

737dog
31st Jan 2006, 17:33
737dog I am not trying to get into a fight or argument what I am trying to say is that his audit got messed up because of inexperienced Staff. :ok:

Agreed and you can put that down to VB having such deep pockets when it comes to training etc......so really it is HIS fault and not the staff...:uhoh:

PEPSIPILOT
31st Jan 2006, 17:46
Agreed and you can put that down to VB having such deep pockets when it comes to training etc......so really it is HIS fault and not the staff...:uhoh:

With that i can agree,
VB doesnt like to give training to his staff, I never got training when i worked there and also the staff that were hired the same day as me. I will actually tell u a funny story, this girl who started with me took one of the UMs onto the wrong flight(she did that becuase she didnt know how to read a ticket)not only that the UM got to the wrong destination and that girl had to pay for a trip back for the UM to go to the right place.
Thats VB for you he wont pay a cent to help others for there wrong mistake.

Deskjocky
1st Feb 2006, 08:57
There is no doubt that the man is one tough nut when it comes to employee relations- but think of it this way, if you are young and want a start in aviation then there is no better place to start. Most airlines are now looking some type of experience before they hire you- where do your get it=CE!

Ive recruited a number of ex CE staff and have genearlly found them to be hard working and reliable, yes they may not have recieved the type of training the other carriers offer but then you are going to retrain them for your operation in any case so its not really a huge issue.

VB isnt stupid, he knows its war out there- cost containment+ productivity= survival, why is the national carrier in so much trouble (aside form the obveous!!) they just have too many staff on board for the number of passengers they carry, in addition to that they are not getting the most out of their people in terms of productivity. Case in point Swiss has the same number of employees and the same number of aircraft as SAA yet makes 45% more revenue than SAA.

The other interesting point is that CE employees seem to be able to suck up the shabby treatment they recieve and deliver some pretty good customer service, market research proves this. So maybe VB has the secret to success, treat em mean and keep them keen?

MysticFlyer
1st Feb 2006, 09:28
Deskjockey,

Way to go with that PPL, mate! You are quite (quiet is another mute thing) a monster at airline finance too, I notice.:ok:

Deskjocky
1st Feb 2006, 09:57
MysticFlyer,

Not long until I trade the brown book in for a nice blue one!! seen this side of the business long enough!!! although me thinks the desk is going to feature quite prominatly in the near future till the hours take on a more respectable appearance:{

Anti-Skid Inop
1st Feb 2006, 14:37
Isn't it strange that NTW always seems to fail audits on them by other airlines, i.e Air France & Gulf Air. Surely the penny must drop that something is not being done correctly in the airline and that something needs to be done about it! You can keep having audits done by thousands of airlines or until you're blue in the face, but if you don't do something positive about fixing the problems found- you'll keep getting the same results! VB has people in crucial management positions (DFO, HR, Cabin Services/Commercial) who are supposed to make educated decisions with the company's operational and profitably deadlines at heart , but instead they make personal ,irrational, emotional descisions which make no sense at all and all with their own personal gain in mind!

Once VB has employed people with relevant experience in the positions they are employed for, will NTW be able to move forward and maybe pass an audit. Unfortunately these managers have mastered manipulation and the art on conning VB into believing that they know what they are doing - obviously they DON'T - hence the failures!!!!!

It's just a pity that they have ruined some innocent peoples lives in the process with their attrocious, inexperienced decision making!

Just a point of view - use it, don't use it!!

MysticFlyer
2nd Feb 2006, 07:24
Deskjockey, tongue's still firmly in cheeck!;) Methinks the figures department needs a lookover too.

737dog
2nd Feb 2006, 17:56
Malagant,
Without wanting to hi-jack this thread too much....
Do you perhaps know if this ex-Zim pilot who has been been employed by NTW on the 767, is the infamous professional first officer from SA Airlink, a certain ex-Zim 767 captain who Airlink employed as part of the Flywell (Airlink Zimbabwe) a few years back. He was employed as a direct entry captain on the EMB135, but after countless line training sectors was re-directed to the righthand seat, and remained there ever since.

:} :} ..Greetings from the whining one....:} :}

FYI...This guy has indeed been taken on by Lady B at CE....Him that never got command at SA Airlink and was ultimately fired....and a while ago was doing some circuits in the 76...around Mabatho (spelling) or some where in that area....proceeded to do 5 touch and go's...each worse than the other and on the final one slammed it down so hard that apparently the geysers in the galley burst :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: Seems that Lady B is trying to fill CE with all the dregs and misfits that she can find.....but hey like they say in afrikaans.....soort soek soort !!!;) ;) ;)

Careful, the language police will be onto you. English only please ladies. Translation for the Brits - "same seeks same." 4HP

tic
19th Feb 2006, 03:05
Having the best safety record in the whole of Africa, why run Air Zim down? Remember that the whole of the Dubai Air Wing, is run and operated by ex Air Zim. Fact. U can say what u like, but Air Zim to this day, operates with a totally screwed up president, and does it well, and as all of you know, it can't be easy. GF ( Gulf Air ) did the audit and were not happy with Nationwide, I don't know the reason.

McGreaser
20th Feb 2006, 16:39
Just to digress a bit but sticking to the thread. The audit on NW failed but then taking a shot at ex/ current UM pilots at every opportunity has been overplayed. UM pilots have a proven track record which speaks for itself. Also on the same token we also have UM pilots who don't make the grade. Whoever this guy is whether ex-UM or not if he failed to make the grade am sure GM won't let him tarnish the image of UM or GM himself. So guys please grow up with this UM bashing. :ok: