PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong Express...anyone?

Canyon Runner
27th Jan 2006, 13:26
Just wondering if anyone is aware of the recruitment situation at Hong Kong Express on those Embraers? Their site calls for 1000TT and turbine preferred etc etc....

Anyone work there or know some insides of the compnay ...willing to share info?

Thanks

Sum Yung Guy
29th Jan 2006, 11:24
Canyon Runner,

Crew experience varies. Most Co's are around 2-4000hrs with Captains typically around 4-6000hrs with some higher. Most pilots are from turbo prop backgrounds but some with jet experience also.

Hope this helps.

Sum Yung Guy

Medwin
29th Jan 2006, 13:06
I've been sending them my resume for the past year and I can't get anything from them. I got thousands of experience on E145/140, so I don't know what they're looking for. :hmm:

Coastrider26
8th Feb 2006, 02:15
I think they've completed the hiring process for this year. However the sister company Golden Dragon is still to be started up this year, no pilots for that outfit so far. We haven't been told if we're going to fly those or if they'll hire new crews to live in Macau.

Bill Smith
8th Feb 2006, 10:34
The hiring process has not finished ! It is an ongoing process.
The trouble is that the quantity of applications that are received, either by the online system or snail mail, is massive. As there is no pressing immediate need for crew, man hours are being used elsewhere.
Medwin, it may be the case that yours has somehow "slipped through to the keeper". Although there is around 50 guys on file with 145 experience.

Sum Yung Guy
9th Feb 2006, 05:30
The word is interviews will be held around March/April but the exact date is still to be confirm by management. HKE still has aircraft 4 to arrive which was scheduled for around the same time.

Looks like the company is in an area of change with the mention of a "B" scale type pay. Not sure what will happen as the market place is now picking up quickly.

As for Golden Dragon, it is expected to launch by the end of 2006 but no date has been set and the type has not been confirmed although the ERJ 170 is likely.

Good luck to those who get interviews.

Sum Yung Guy
13th Feb 2006, 13:33
For those with an upcoming interview;

Salary

Captain- $8500.00 usd (Training Capt +5%)
Co Pilot- $6500.00 usd

This is a local contract, no housing and no education.

Relocation allowance- $30,000.00 hkd. After 3 years service a relocation allowance is payed again if you resign.

1 x return ticket/pa to country of domicle.

Local super scheme (not good)

Dental/Medical

This is the original contract. It is believed that the intention of HKE is to offer a "B" scale to all new entrants. At this stage not sure what else will be offered (cut).

There have been changes in management with the resignation of the HR Manager (Nov) and the Fleet Captain (Dec). The jury is out as far as the state of the operation is concerned.

If you are keen to join my only advice is to do the numbers first. Hong Kong is not cheap particularly if you have family.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz
15th Feb 2006, 11:40
Sounds like a wind up to me - no one trains for 5%

Peak Tram Driver
15th Feb 2006, 11:48
oh yes they do....someones already signed up!!
I hear they are lowering the salaries to match CR's.Best way to divide a workforce.....the old B scale trick

Rubberbiscuit
15th Feb 2006, 12:11
"..........to match CR's" Good way to divide, and get rid of your workforce. How long you keep good employees around is directly related to how you treat them!

propje
15th Feb 2006, 13:51
To answer the initially question, they interviewed 6 candidates today.....

zalman
24th Feb 2006, 02:23
so did anyone of the six get hired? how many are they interviewing for how many positions?????

Coastrider26
24th Feb 2006, 10:28
Aren't all F/O's at the moment at US$ 6,000.-?

Sum Yung Guy
24th Feb 2006, 11:15
That was the old salary but the new one is less, not sure how much exactly.

One area that I can confirm is the $36,000.00 USD bank agreement (bond) the company wants for the training. Absolutely CRAZY stuff.

Can anyone that had an interview confirm the package offered.

S.Y Guy

Normasars
26th Feb 2006, 22:16
SYG
Very close to the numbers. From what I have heard the BOND is NOT enforceable in HK ie illegal. Which is why Air HK was set up in Singapore and not in HK as it is all above board down there in Singas. I do stand corrected on that though and any facts would be greatly appreciated.
The B scale salary is predicated on sectors flown. Base is topped up by sectors and if more than 40 sectors are flown in the roster then the pay is identical to that of the original offer.
Obviously TC is a harder gent than his replacement and I for one will be asking for what the original guys are getting. After all as the saying goes "if you pay peanuts ....."
These startup operators must realise that they have to make it financially viable for guys to come and live in HK, and as I do realize this company does have deep pockets(and will need to), they must be seen to be making a genuine offer to experienced people. After all it is a real risk!!
SYG, in YHO do you think that the company is open to the old/original offer to an individual if he/she has a training background in multi crew RPT ops.

Sum Yung Guy
27th Feb 2006, 06:41
:ok: For all those who have been offered positions and for those who have interviews on the 6th of March, the "ball" maybe in your court. At this stage a number of individuals have not accepted interviews and we think only one person has accpeted a position at this stage.

If you are going to be poor in Hong Kong flying a jet you might as well be poor living downunder. Go for the money.

What "TC" wants and what "TC" gets might be two different things.

S.Y Guy

Sum Yung Guy
27th Feb 2006, 06:45
Sorry, forgot.

The gent TC replaced was a top bloke who's credentials are second to none called Felix Hart. TC is not even in the same "ball park".

S.Y GUY

Baxter Dewall
7th Mar 2006, 04:35
SYG,
Can you confirm that interviews were held yesterday, and if so how many candidates?

Bill Smith
7th Mar 2006, 10:45
Yes there were interviews yesterday !
Not sure of the numbers.

zalman
16th Mar 2006, 06:24
Hey anyone got an answer from ya interview yet???

Fifthleg
20th Mar 2006, 23:28
Nothing heard yet...no news is good news, yeah...I hope...?

Baxter Dewall
25th Mar 2006, 06:03
Found out yesterdat start 21 April.

Anyone presently there please PM me ASAP with your opinion of the whole deal ie how busy/sectors you are flying eyc, new routes to Philipines, Chang MAi and Taiwan if this is true or just propaganda.

I need to know urgently.

Cheers Baxter

Sum Yung Guy
26th Mar 2006, 05:32
Hi Baxter,

The above destinations are correct but Chang Mai will not be untill May as paperwork has to be approved still. Initially all services will be charter until they can be proved, standard up here.

How did the contract shape up. I think you might have the upper hand.:ok:

Good luck with your decision.

S.Y. Guy

Baxter Dewall
26th Mar 2006, 21:27
SYG check your PM's

Baxter

mythbuster
30th Mar 2006, 22:43
Baxter ,

Give it a miss and check your PM. The mythbuster will speak the
truth :* .

Baxter Dewall
30th Mar 2006, 22:56
Mythbuster,

Have checked PM's and nothing there

Try again, tell all please

Sum Yung Guy
31st Mar 2006, 01:47
Whats going on at HKE.:confused:

There have been a number of pilots interviewed over the past months. Not sure if guys have failed or they have just turned the job down. One thing is for sure with the resignation of yet another Captain the company will be short of pilots.

Is anyone keen to post the salary package that was offered at the last interviews so that everyone can see what is being offered.

Safe flying.

S.Y.Guy

MOETMAN
31st Mar 2006, 06:06
SYG ,

If they tell everyone whats in the contract , the won't come . Pretzel Logic good man :yuk: .

MOETMAN
1st Apr 2006, 04:03
Those (with children) thinking of coming to HKE should look at the English Schools Foundation Website at www.esf.edu.hk (http://www.esf.edu.hk) for the latest on fees etc. :ugh:

MOETMAN

Nigel Gray
2nd Apr 2006, 09:54
Baxter:

What's your previous experience (roughly)?

I have only just picked up this thread. After a brief conversation with a CPA chap the other week, I emailed my CV to the CP. Wondering if it got binned straight away or whether with my experience (just under 900h ish- currently flying a Chieftain) it might have escaped the "delete" key.

touchengo
5th Apr 2006, 00:36
MOETMAN ,

Please check your PM's . I need to confirm some worrying info. fast.

touchengo

touchengo
5th Apr 2006, 03:40
:confused: Sum Yung Guy ,

What's going on there ?
I hear that the medical insuranse for family has just been pulled from the contract and there are serious pilot morale issues. School fees have just gone up also. Don't think I like the sound of it . Mythbuster sounds like he's on the money.
"Should I Stay or Should I Go Now ?"

Peak Tram Driver
5th Apr 2006, 17:02
I hear moral in the office is at an all time low..............one captain is heading back to the dessert where he came from. With Dragonair hiring HK ATPLS holders with 3000 hours............I bet a few will jump ship.

mythbuster
6th Apr 2006, 03:45
HKE have been short changing all pilots on their allowances while on course and thats no myth.:yuk:

MOETMAN
6th Apr 2006, 07:12
The floggings will continue until morale is restored .

Sum Yung Guy
7th Apr 2006, 01:12
Touchengo,

I can not confirm the change in medical insurance but as for schools you are definitely on your own. Not sure how much but a couple of our guys pay quite alot for schooling.

As for morale, well it speaks for itself when you look at the amount of new players on this thread. It is a big issue for the DFO as he could sink or swimm on this one. Watch this space

The boy off to the sandpit is just the start as there will be more.:ok:

This a good job to get a 1000hrs jet and then move on but for new Captains on as much as our old Co's and a 36000 usd bond/bank agreement (illegal whatever), would you want to.

As for new Co's on 34000ish hkd? "wow", sounds like cadets to me.

Bloody shame for an operation that has been operating for 7 months. :{

S.Y. Guy

MOETMAN
7th Apr 2006, 03:50
School fees are: 82,900 secondary and 51,200HKD PA for primary. The Tung Chung School is closing down . SYG , check the minutes of last fridays meeting for info on Family Medical Insurance cut.

Baxter Dewall
7th Apr 2006, 05:15
Nigel Grey

FYI @9000 hrs

@7000 command

@3500 Multi crew 20000kg command

Training Capt with Qantaslink

I said NO a couple of days ago!

InflightFeather
7th Apr 2006, 08:09
Yesterday a trainingscaptain resigned.... Looks like things are getting better :}

SparkPlugs
7th Apr 2006, 13:14
I guess we all know who that is.............Doing interviews in the sick - VERY SMART

DOCTORS NOTE : SICK DUE TO INTERVIEW STRESS

:} :} :} :} :} :}

Coastrider26
7th Apr 2006, 15:00
I am sure inflightfeather made a sarcastic comment bout it. But no worries everybody got an email today to apply for the function of line training captain to bad they're no positions available as multi milionaire. :cool:

SparkPlugs
7th Apr 2006, 15:55
It just seems Morale is on a real low. DO we want another Line Captain Accepting the 5%, I thought we wanted to stay UNITED. GUESS, We are all talk. Sad, but give it time, ANOTHER Captain Planned to LEAVE SOON.
That would make it NUMBER 3.......:mad:

Coastrider26
8th Apr 2006, 01:33
Hey Sparkplugs,

This was captain # 3 and I wouldn't be suprised if the new guy would be on a "B" scale.

omnipotent
8th Apr 2006, 02:06
Pity it has come to this so quickly, but as I've posted before, the head man over at your place isn't fit to be involved in aviation whatsoever.

On a more recent note, I hear one of your jets is due to be parked in Macau in the not too distant future, for the exclusive use of a certain special someone. :ugh: Will believe that if and when it actually happens.

SparkPlugs
8th Apr 2006, 05:01
I stand Corrected, Number 4 Should be Leaving us SOON.
ONCE again, its another day, I GUESS the pending trainee First Officers should now be done by OCTOBER - BESIDES WHO WILL GRAB the GIAGANTIC 5%.
The SAGA continues. :uhoh:

mythbuster
8th Apr 2006, 08:14
Yes. For 5% who will be next to drink from the Poisoned Chalice ?:yuk:

SparkPlugs
8th Apr 2006, 23:27
FOLLOW the FOLLOW ME, You are barking up the wrong tree ! We HKE Pilots are very very SATISFIED with our WORLD CLASS PREMIUM Contracts: Look what it includes:
a) NO HOUSING
b) NO EDUCATION ASSISTANCE
c) NO TRAVEL CASH BACK OPTION
d) NO COMMUTER ROSTER
e) NO 13th MONTH
Now tell me, who would leave this for KA....
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

Bill Smith
9th Apr 2006, 02:59
Spark Plugs, Don't know if you work at HKE or not. Judging by a couple of discrepancies in your post I would say it was the later.
To mention someone by name in a public forum is very poor form.
If you do work at HKE I'm sure the individual concerned would be more than happy to talk to you! :yuk:

Peak Tram Driver
9th Apr 2006, 03:26
If you are are so unhappy at HKE, go back to your previous job, which I am sure was not on a jet.You knew the deal before you joined HKE, so dont whinge now.

SparkPlugs
9th Apr 2006, 06:03
FAIR, FAIR :sad:
Unfortunatly, fighting a battle alone can be hard - Guilty as charged.
Pulling away from the contractual agreement set and signed is also poor form. An agreement is an agreement, hence the runners.
BACK Stabbing 5%ers, also bad form .....
PS: Enlighten me with the discrepancies.

MOETMAN
9th Apr 2006, 07:04
Spark Plugs ,
you left out : NO LOSS OF LICENCE INSURANCE and NO FAMILY MEDICAL COVER. Shame on you !

Coastrider26
9th Apr 2006, 08:24
To my knowledge the company is working on a loss of license insurance. There was an email in our mailbox last friday.

Bill Smith
9th Apr 2006, 09:19
Strange I have medical insurance for all my family.
Supplied by the company and cards for all members.
If this is a case of differing contracts then maybe it needs to be looked into.

SP If you do work at HKE and are insinuating that I have been "Backstabbing 5%ers" I would be happy to discuss it with you at anytime in person.

mythbuster
9th Apr 2006, 13:11
Yes. The medical insurance is under review as are many areas , none of them good for us. So shortly your cards will be worth zip. Take off the rose glasses , we have to help each other and not persue our own adgendas . Get real Bill !

mythbuster
11th Apr 2006, 07:19
sparkplugs, give Bill a chance , he still has the training wheels attached :{

MOETMAN
11th Apr 2006, 11:57
For 747-400 rating , commuter roster and Mc Donalds... We're loving it !:D

touchengo
15th Apr 2006, 05:34
Looks like I made the right decision. Sounds like you guys have a few problems. Good Luck.

Badapple
16th Apr 2006, 09:49
I must apologise......I was wrong in my earlier post about this company. It actually took less time than I thought for the fantasy to deteriorate into a reality.

I wish that I had been more strenuous in my warnings about the ultimate fate of what was a golden opportuntity for many a young pilot seeking that first step into jets. I just hope that you guys haven't lost hope. Remember, not all companies are bad...just the ones asociated with the incompetent nephew of a great man.

I was lucky...I still have the application letter that didn't get sent. Things are still not grate here in Macau but at least we know where we stand.

Bill......don't defend the indefensible. You only lower you own dignity.

touchengo
18th Apr 2006, 15:45
SparkPlugs,

Desperate Co's can be found 10 deep at the local tip. Experienced Capt's are a lot more costly. When YOU have paid the price of experience you will be less likely to want to bend over . :oh: Ref. William Blake (The Price Of Experience).

omnipotent
19th Apr 2006, 00:15
Sparky

Not negative, just realistic and judging by the posts on this thread, it appears I may not be the only one taking this view. Do me a favor, should you actually have time prior to the locks being changed on the doors, send me a pm so I can walk over and watch the house of cards implode.:=

Badapple
20th Apr 2006, 01:16
Sparkles,

I don't know what your experience level is but I suspect that it is reasonabley limited, therefore I would say that you are standing amongst some very tall trees. Where were you 19 years ago when I started in this business? Have I met you in the 7 countries in which I have worked? Were you ever my copilot during the 8,000+ hours that I have spent in the seat?
Were you ever with me during the countless times that I was a 'risk taker'

I think not.

I will not enter into a personal attack on you but will offer some advice....

Grow up, listen more and talk less, and please start using the manners that I am sure that you learned as a child. Dont be the grubby little man that others perceive you as.

There endeth the lecture....

SparkPlugs
20th Apr 2006, 04:20
Badapple, don't put ur resume on PPRUNE, you still won't get a job with us. With all ur mighty 7 continent expirence how come your posting on the Hong Kong Express Forum, shouldn't you be with Cathy or some major carrrier, OH, I forgot your over qualified for them.
MYTHBUSTER - Fair enough, with your comment, i take responsibility. It just seems like instead of standing together as a group, we need to fight our battles seperately, We have issues that need to be resolved, Having OMNIPOTENT and BADDAPPLE attack us from day one, not acceptable.
PS: BADAPPLE, you need to retire, no more continents left for you - :}

omnipotent
20th Apr 2006, 14:37
Sparky, Sparky, Sparky :ugh:
You really don't get it, do you. Were you to have more experience in industry (and I honestly think you're still VERY wet behind the ears), you'd be capable of reading past what you see as the obvious blasts in my posts and those of others. You are being given, in a roundabout way, consistent insight into the general workings of your top man at HKE. Take off the rose colored glasses for just one second and think about what's been posted. Do you honestly believe we all sit around thinking about which operator we should pick on next??? :yuk:
By your own admission, your outfit has issues that need to be resolved. You would do well to consider, in objective a manner as you can muster, what is driving these issues to surface in the first place. I'm fairly sure YOU weren't the cause of these "issues", so you really ought to think about how they came to be in the first place. Conducting that exercise, without personal bias, may well lead to you look much more closely at your senior management (one chap in particular) and realize who the source of your troubles really is.

Badapple
21st Apr 2006, 07:58
I am relieved to see that the posts containing people's email address has been removed. That behaviour, in my opinion, would be grounds for dismissal.

I am astounded at the immature and unprofessional antics of some contributors. I only hope that they don't carry that attitude into the cockpit.

Badapple
21st Apr 2006, 10:40
Epic76

I sympathise with your feelings but no need for the foul language. You only degrade the quality of your arguements. Leave the profanity to those who 'sparkled' for the briefest of moments before descending into obscurity

SeaEagle
21st Apr 2006, 15:07
I think HKE has great potential in this booming region. It would be nice (perhaps naive) to think that others recognize it as well. Even though there are some real challengers, cultural, political, environmental & technical to name a few. Why can’t we work together to realize this potential.

We choose to be a spectator and mock from the side line, or a participator (& team player) and a accept some responsibility in achieving a good outcome for all (company, clients & employees).

YOU CHOOSE :ok:

freightdog81
21st Apr 2006, 15:18
SeaEagle get your heads out of the clouds and smell the fish.

mythbuster
22nd Apr 2006, 03:32
Sea Eagle,what about the real issues posted here earlier regarding contract and conditions of service changes , rostering inflexability etc. which the company has no intention of addressing. I would say you are being naive, unless of course you are on the outside monitoring all from the comfort of your retirement villa, then of course you are free to don the rose coloured glasses. :cool:
I suspect you have been cruising the coast too long.

Coastrider26
22nd Apr 2006, 06:11
Mythbuster,

Things in the company are not the best to say the least. But if somebody takes the effort to send an email to all the flightcrew to get things organized and you talk to the guy to hear only 6 people replied.

I can only think of two sentences applying to the situation we're in at the moment:

- Divide and conquer
- United we stand

And please don't get me started about :mad: :mad: rostering.

RILAX
22nd Apr 2006, 09:09
Coast check your email :cool:

Coastrider26
23rd Apr 2006, 02:48
You, guys sound like a bunch of girls, find me if you can, it sounds like you guys are more interested in finding the voice of truth than accepting it. That i must say is a commendable feat.

Who is the girly girl here now??? Atleast some of us have the b@lls to say who we are. Where as you are still looking for them..(ps if you need a microscope there are **** loads of toys r' us around.

Coastrider, we know how upset you seem to be with the Head Chief Pilot, United we stand but no time to fly, you need to keep your head buried in th books instead of being on PPRUNE.

Actually you're quite right there I should be studying on a beautiful day as today.:{

So that should give you some more stuff to think about all day and reply to pprune while the rest of us are out there enjoying the sunshine...

Those who dare win.

MOETMAN
23rd Apr 2006, 08:42
It is a shame that the management pilots are unwilling to lead by example. But when you take the "Queens Shilling" , well you know the story , I'm all right Jack ;)

omnipotent
23rd Apr 2006, 09:33
Management pilots not leading by example. Alas, a condition endemic to aviation organizations unlucky enough to have a certain bossman.

If anyone thought this chap was going to change his ways just because he's involved with a fixed-wing airline as opposed to a rotary-wing service, I'm afraid I've got bad news for you.

Take the rating and run boys, you don't want to be there when the music stops.

SparkPlugs
30th Apr 2006, 03:15
:mad: Omnipotent,

You might be right take the rating and run, sounds like you did that too, i guess thats why you hate the top dawg here. With that kind of attitude no wonder you seem soo disgruntal. You have a lot to learn.

Freddy Mercury, with a name like that do you even have a mother....ha ha.

TC Fitz
6th May 2006, 06:18
...with more to follow. With the company not going anywhere in a hurry, a useless dfo and a eunich for a cp, and lots more on offer elsewhere, why the hell would you stay?

omnipotent
6th May 2006, 15:21
So, this thread started on 27 January. It's now 06 May. Lets just call it 100 days to keep it simple. By my estimation (info provided by this thread), in that time, 4 or 5 Captains have resigned from HKE. Anyone care to confirm/deny???

HKE have, I think, 3 aircraft. Now, I'm not a rostering guru, but having THAT many commanders jump ship in such a short time CANNOT be a good thing for a new enterprise. So what are we to make of this? I'll let others who claim to have all the answers provide that little insight.

TC Fritz,

You get two thumbs up for the word of the day................."eunuch". I just about pi$$ed myself laughing!!!!! :ok: :ok:

Blown Seal
7th May 2006, 13:23
The Townsville refueler has reliably told me today that some gents from Hainan Airlines were shown around the HKE office this morning, maybe another potential buyout on the cards????

Sparkyplugs
7th May 2006, 16:55
So let me get this straight.

HKE have decided not to start up another airline in Macau, But to consolidate with only 4 aircraft instead of expanding.
They keep flying to destinations that KA compete, when there original business plan was to goto secondary airports with no competition!
They cancel numerous flights lately due lack of crew and lack of pax loads.
4th Airplane due to arrive in a few weeks.
Hainan Airlines had an office tour over the long weekend.

WELL

I just got off the phone to the Townsville Refueller and his theory is that you don't have enough crew for 3 airplanes even though your 4th is arriving soon.
Management not wanting to pay any new hired pilots the same wage as offered last year. Which =NO CREW
He says there is not much money left in the Kitty and that they are probably trying to sell you as a going concern.
Couldn't be worth too much. Aircraft are leased. So whats an AOC worth?
HE SAYS
You could be Screwed!:{ :{
Could be called Hainan CR Express Airways Soon.

mythbuster
8th May 2006, 00:36
Sadly , the spin of this thread is on target. It would appear wiser heads have come seen and departed and more will soon be doing same.
As for the Eunuch CP , I think that is one thing we can all agree on. Yes I'll give it the word of the day also :ok:

cpahka
8th May 2006, 13:20
A lot of "news" just heard at cafe, HNA take control and B738 to replace EMB plus lease the B744 from other source for HKE, got any idea?!

FREDDY MERCURY
9th May 2006, 01:17
cpahka ,
You got it all wrong at cafe...... HKE will take over CPA ,get rid of those EMB's , reinstate the 49er's (all except one) , run the 744's to Canton and sack the management ....... How do I know all this? The tea lady told me so ! :*

MOETMAN
10th May 2006, 11:53
CONFIRMED !

omnipotent
10th May 2006, 12:58
Haven't seen it myself, but understand yesterday's SCMP had an interesting article in it concerning HKE and Hainan Air. Old AT just can't get enough press. Am also hearing whispers in the restaurant about a HKE internal memo on the same subject, asking staff not to talk about things. How nuts is that, you put out an internal notice and then turn around and blab your face off to the newspaper!!!!! :confused:

mythbuster
11th May 2006, 04:17
Badapple ,
You may be right there. a CX F/O friend of mine told me he was recently flying with a certain check capt.( a well known opportunist) soon to retire who has been approached for the job. Damage control ? :ouch:

cpahka
11th May 2006, 13:31
Latest, HNA group will turn HKE to become an airfreight carrier!!:ok:

omnipotent
12th May 2006, 12:23
Sparky (besides demonstrating yet again HE belongs in a Snap On chest), continues to miss the point. So now we are to believe the current HKE CP is the source of your woes Sparky??? My son, it's time you stepped back, waaaaaaaaaay back and took in the BIG picture. Your (if you really do work there) CP is simply having his strings tugged by someone else. Go figure who that might be.

Still curious how a new company can set up so much uncertainty? I suggest you become familar with your company's org chart and take a look at the name on top. If what I hear about your bossman is correct, HKE will have a sh!tload of them (org charts that is)!!!!!

My latest intel still suggests a HKE machine will be sent over to Macau in the not too distant future. Who knows, maybe I'll be the one saying I told you so. :E

Badapple
14th May 2006, 18:49
Ok, Sparky et al......pick up your dummies and stop wasting time with the chirlish comments.

Listen up.

About a year ago I made my first post on this thread. In fact it was I who first labelled one of the long since gone participants a eunuch. Why? Simple:

A eunuch thinks he knows how it is done,

He sees it happening all around him,

But....he just can't do it himself...

This analogy applies to many of the actors in this shortlived fantasy called HKE. The lead actor being, of course, the little man at the top.

Back to my point... My purpose in contributing to this thread was in the hope of warning wannabes not to jump in with rose colored glasses but to see it as it really is; an opportunity to MAYBE get a rating and some experience. Not to expect a longterm and rewarding career. I remember one starry eyed contributor telling us that he wanted to 'pursue the dream'. Well, damn right it was a dream. Maybe more of a nightmare for many already that have decided that enough is enough.

Much to my amusement, and I am sure others, Sparkles is already telling us that "I told you so" . I only hope that he will exhibit the same humility when he informs us that he has also Fedexed his uniform back to head office. As far as changing CP's.....c'mon, do you really believe that? My learned friend Omnipotent is unrelenting in his attempts to instruct less experienced people in the ways of the management. Pilots are seen as bus drivers in this neck of the woods, and the cp rates very low on the food chain.

Over and out

touchengo
14th May 2006, 21:15
I hear that your esteemed leader is now actively trying to poach a new cp from other companies in the region.........

Desperate measures indeed.

I believe that the guys at HKE have been ordered to keep their mouths shut. :}

Badapple
18th May 2006, 01:25
I continue to be amazed at how quickly people will resort to abusive language and childish outbursts.

By all means state your opinion; you are also welcome to criticise mine, but try and put yourself in your mother's shoes when you start to type. How ashamed do you think she would be if she knew how quickly her son or daughter had descended into the gutter.

I have never said anything on this site that I am ashamed of, or that is any way abusive.

Clean up your act or else I will be forced to come over to HK and wash your mouths out with soap.

My point.........HKE will always be, a smelting pot of low morale and dissention, resulting in a flight department with a massive turnover and a constant battleground between management and pilots.

So far I have been close to the mark.

Over to you Omnipotent

Sparkyplugs
19th May 2006, 07:09
So I wonder how many will be requesting days off in early June????

Ha Ha......

But you can work for less flying a BIGGER machine!

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :D :D :D

SparkPlugs
21st May 2006, 04:16
Well, you guys might want to read this quickly. It seems that mentioning the truth or any logic, will get your post ERASED by the moderator. Thank you. :ok:

Badapple with Impotent(ance), you guys are worse than us, we work here, we have a reason to bitch and moan. What about you guys. It seems like you guys need to get laid.

You say all this amazing stuff about HKE, we really don't care about you opinion, and Oh ya, come and wash our mouths out, funny part is you might be leaving your medical here though. Ha Ha. :} :}

All HKE Pilots, I want to start a list that we can all add to:
Topic what we think of Badapple and Impotent: (Let me START):D

1. Queers
2. Waste of time (to put it lightly) :mad:
3. .................

Come on boys.....

SparkPlugs
21st May 2006, 04:18
Well, you guys might want to read this quickly. It seems that mentioning the truth or any logic, will get your post ERASED by the moderator. Thank you. :ok:

Badapple with Impotent(ance), you guys are worse than us, we work here, we have a reason to bitch and moan. What about you guys. It seems like you guys need to get laid.

You say all this amazing stuff about HKE, we really don't care about you opinion, and Oh ya, come and wash our mouths out, funny part is you might be leaving your medical here though. Ha Ha. :} :}

All HKE Pilots, I want to start a list that we can all add to:
Topic what we think of Badapple and Impotent: (Let me START):D

1. Queers
2. Waste of time (to put it lightly) :mad:
3. .................

Come on boys.....

Badapple
21st May 2006, 06:14
At this point I am convinced that Sparkplugs really is a good windup. As I said before, I will not wallow in the gutter with others but offer this piece of advice:

'It is better for one to remain silent and have people think that you are a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt...'

And please, spare us all the schoolyard antics.......any more childish outbursts will be dealt with by the moderators as in the past.

You have been in this part of the world for a very short time and have a long, long way to go before understanding even the basics of life and work in Asia.

I suspect that your tour will be relatively short....

Badapple
21st May 2006, 17:03
Eco,

You mssed the point. My warnings have been directed, not to you, but to the wannabes.

As far as bitching amongst yourselves.......exactly my point.

My work here is done.

Keep your head down.......don't get involved in the politics..........fly safe

FREDDY MERCURY
25th May 2006, 06:47
And another one gone, and another one gone, another one bites the dust..........? :oh:

H.K.Shuffler
27th May 2006, 01:13
Freddy, you expose yourself ! :8

Sparkyplugs
27th May 2006, 04:09
With a name like Freddy, it could only be one person!!!!...

No news on any more tech crew leaving!!!:ok:

MOETMAN
27th May 2006, 10:17
No news on any more tech crew leaving!!!:ok:[/quote]

Don't be too sure, it could be me ....... stooges ! :p

Fly747
27th May 2006, 10:19
You will get a few more after the Dragonair interviews!

SmartiePants
31st May 2006, 04:22
Don't think many will be doing that. Why jump into a fire when you're in a perfectly good frying pan?.

H.K.Shuffler
31st May 2006, 04:29
There will be a big departure beginning of next year. Believe me ! :eek:

tomcat21
31st May 2006, 16:49
Is HK express the same company as Cr Airways?

mythbuster
2nd Jun 2006, 04:06
tomcat21

No. it's the poor cousin :{

GANKER
7th Jun 2006, 10:15
I lived in Townsville for three years and you better take the refuellers advice as I have done on many occasions:}
If you are single you can maybe survive on the money, otherwise you are better off in Aus flying for a regional! That is money wise. If you just want to fly a jet then go for it!
Up to the individual but I wouldnt class it as a career airline.
Good luck to all:ok:

MOETMAN
8th Jun 2006, 04:21
:= Anyone with a remote interest in this "outfit " would be well advised to read all the posts on this thread carefully. The Townsville refueller is correct. Ask yourself why most are trying to leave and resignations are on going. All is not what is being presented at interview , there is nothing on the table but a stale fish sandwich and plenty of spin from a dubious c.p. :mad: .

pinkflaps
9th Jun 2006, 01:04
Hi, guys
:ooh: Have you checked Rishworth's site for 170 crew??
Is that a better choice??

FREDDY MERCURY
9th Jun 2006, 14:17
Pinkflaps,

Should not your handle be Pi*s flaps ? :p

H.K.Shuffler
10th Jun 2006, 01:22
pinkflaps, :confused:

Rumor has it, that the Indian company Rishworth is representing negotiates a reasonable deal. Then when you arrive in country they advise they can’t meet their commitment and give you their terms and conditions. Which are significantly less attractive. Not a good look, if true.

Care to comment?

mythbuster
10th Jun 2006, 13:56
Pink Flaps , Hey, they must be using the Hong Kong Express model on how to win friends and influence people. But somehow I doubt it , pilots rated on orphaned aircraft are in far too much demand (sic) , just ask Embraer. By the way , if you are a girl pilot don't bother applying to HKE , the chief pilot only likes boy pilots.:(

omnipotent
10th Jun 2006, 14:40
mythbuster

You are TOO funny man!!!! :D

aero_smith
6th Jul 2006, 01:11
can anyone tell me , is hongkong express hiring pilots ?

Peak Tram Driver
6th Jul 2006, 14:29
this week they hired the pilots laid off from Metrojet. Good to see the boys wont be on the streets too long.

Stormsurfer
7th Jul 2006, 06:31
Just talked to one of my buddies at HKe......

They have 32 pilots and only 4 aircraft. Money is slow as their aircraft is never full with pax ! I guess the answer is not good until the situation improves !

Coastrider26
7th Jul 2006, 08:58
I know it's difficult to get the facts right but the planes are ocasionally full however the pax load really fluctuates. As far as the new guys concerned I think they'll be happy to have a job and a paycheck.

Taggert
23rd Jul 2006, 09:45
So can anyone shed any light on the ad placed for B737NG Captains and F/O's on Friday with HKE? Pay, conditions, allowances, routes? Are things still as bad as they seem given whats has been posted earlier or are things getting better?:confused:

VFRIFR
23rd Jul 2006, 17:06
Hi, anybody knows how's it going with the chopper boys, is it just as bad as with you guys? Does HE and HKE share the same managers? Sorry to post thread here but don't seem to get any replies thru' Rotorheads.:rolleyes:

Mark Six
24th Jul 2006, 05:07
HE, HKE, Heli Hong Kong, East Asia Airlines - all the same company. The Hong Kong based helicopter side of the business was closed down at the end of 2005. Macau based operation still runs the S76's between Macau, Hong Kong and Shenzhen.

VFRIFR
24th Jul 2006, 20:45
Could it be that they pay the pilots so little that they could not afford to live in Hong Kong and had to move to Macau?:{ :ugh:

Mark Six
24th Jul 2006, 22:12
Um, actually no. The S76 operation (East Asia Airlines) has always been based in Macau. The Hong Kong operation (Heli Hong Kong/ Heli Express) was always based in Hong Kong. No-one moved anywhere.

VFRIFR
25th Jul 2006, 13:00
Sorry, just joking. Actually I'm a rotorhead working in Africa on a 6/6 weeks rotation and I'm exploring the possibilities of spending more time with family on a permanent base in Asia; that is without taking a paycut, if you catch my drift.:E

So will somebody please let me know what's the deal for rotorheads in HeliExpress,... pay, allowances, benefits, etc, etc. Will the contract ensure a decent life for an expat family in Macau with some leftovers for savings?:ugh: Do they offer type rating training?

dyermaker
29th Jul 2006, 19:26
WillFly4Food,
Did you already get an interview date?

n818af
24th Aug 2006, 06:23
How much total time and jet time (average) they are looking for?

MOETMAN
24th Aug 2006, 08:36
WILL FLY 4 FOOD ,

Come here and thats what you will be flying for ...FOOD.
Don't be sucked in by the nice chaps at interview. If it's the same guys from Aust. they don't even live in Hkg and don't work for HKE. Reality here is quite different. Hope for your sake you don't get the job. You will be painting yourself into a financial and social corner. Don't say you were not told ! :ugh:

Bob Hawk
24th Aug 2006, 08:59
Will Fly For Food

Can you tell us the package? What sort of money did they offer.

Thanks,

Bob
:ok:

Bill Smith
24th Aug 2006, 11:03
Would have to concur with MOETMAN. After a year about all I have left is a Tax Payment in my bank.
The guys with kids be warned, if they are of school age you will be horrified of the cost. If they are not of school age they will be sooner or later.
Do your numbers very carefully.
Don't forget that maybe some of the guy's at the interview are already financially independent, so it may almost be a hobby to them.

Blown Seal
24th Aug 2006, 14:58
Even as a single guy, if you like to have an occaisional night on the town, you won't have much left over at the end of the month, unless you like living in a tent.

404 Titan
24th Aug 2006, 22:02
I put this together six years ago but the figures still hold true. If anything they underestimate the cost of living in HK today. These figures were based on a husband and wife only, no kids with the wife not working. If you have kids, especially of school age, you might find yourself in deep financial trouble moving to HK.

HK$ (/mth).....
Tax 7,200
Rent 15,000
Utils 2,500
Car
Trans 1,200
Food 6,500
School
Clothes
Ent 3,500
Misc 4,500
Total 40,400

mythbuster
25th Aug 2006, 04:20
You mean to say that you did an interview and they couldn't give you any info on pay and conditions of service. I wonder why :\ . I am sure they did their best to probe your sensitive parts during the interview, why don't you give them a call and ask them the difficult questions before wasting anymore of your time and money . I am sure you will be met with much wringing of hands and waffling on about budget airline constraints.
Be careful old mate. Beware the spiders web.

touchengo
3rd Sep 2006, 03:23
Yes. :{ := := := := := :\

jetjockey696
3rd Sep 2006, 07:38
Does anyone have the emaill address for Captain Michael Fitz-Costa (Chief pilot) or Mr. Tseng Chiang Wong (dir of flt ops) of HK Exp.

I thought, I go for the jugular than fermoral artery...can't find the darn email addresses. :ugh:

Does anyone know?????

:ok:

P-air
5th Sep 2006, 05:29
the pilots at HKE have now registered a union

www.hkepa.net

Bob Hawk
5th Sep 2006, 06:11
Sounds like you blokes might need it.

Onya.

Bob Hawk:D

Glacier1900
9th Sep 2006, 07:12
Man
I just read this whole deal. Why the jib are your guys still flying there? All those pilot losses and no deal sweetener. Somebody must be signing up. When will pilots stop prostituting themselves. Hope this union is tough, sound like a spoon to clean the paddock though. Good luck all, hope things improve.
Just say no to dumb contracts.:ugh:

Inferno_HK
19th Sep 2006, 02:16
UNION, UNION, UNION......

After some soul searching, do we want to this UNION or Association to survive......does not seem like we have the best people being nominated for the job. Lets take the EL PRESIDENTE, now that is scraping the bottom of the barrel, and it STINKS :=.

Granted, some of us and I, don't want to run, but at least give the job to somebody that won't use his position for their own personal gain.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Coastrider26
20th Sep 2006, 01:17
If you're not happy with the people on the board you should have said so during the meeting. Or simply not vote for them it's still the same idea of democracy you've seen in other place...Getting a new alias on pprune and post 1 message isn't the smartest thing to approach a potential problem.

P-air
20th Sep 2006, 01:34
Inferno_HK,

You say you or others wont run, resulting in only few people having the guts to assume the role.

The voting for the position is still open, and if you have not already done so, you are quite free to show your democratic right and vote against the nominees.

The association has only just been registered, and had the first agm only days ago, and your post is seen as an attempt to quite simply destabilise the association with no real merit or validity. Doesnt take long for management croonies to attempt to destabilise a union.

We thank the president of HKALPA for attending the first AGM.

Inferno_HK
20th Sep 2006, 22:01
Lets get things into perspective :

First and foremost, COASTRIDER, having you use the word smart is pretty much a long shot.......please don't use words, you are not associated with ! := := :=

PROPJE, I can see once again you are clueless, as always. Suffering from the foot in mouth disease seems your forte and to think you have been nominated to lead this union........point proven.

P-AIR, please don't be mistaken, to run this association requires NO guts. You talk about the association being destabilized, if you honestly feel that the nominated leader has stability, then you are the misguided one. The very fact, the people FIT to run this association (so called previous Pres/VP) have chosen not to, due to whatever reason, means we are accepting second best, hence scrapping the bottom of the barrel. It shocks me, that a person of your caliber would stoop for a sub-standard leader.

In conclusion, you will see and mark my words, this association will not be able to represent US, simply because, we will need protection from the current nominated EL PRESIDENTE.

:mad: :D :mad: :D :mad: :D :mad:

SmartiePants
21st Sep 2006, 04:51
Propje, me thinks you have Inferno_HK confused with some one else. What i would be interested to know is why the original Pres and Vice Pres didn't renominate?

MOETMAN
27th Sep 2006, 22:29
You guys would do well to concentrate on avoiding "controled flight into terrain" , instead of worrying about who should be president of the union. The record speaks for itself.:oh:

Inferno_HK
30th Sep 2006, 02:37
Well Well Boys, Another one just took the plunge in the right direction. Clearly the rumor has it another five to follow. Interesting times ahead. We have to see where the company will sit (if not on the ground) in the coming months.......

I big thumbs up for the DFO and Chief Pilot for running a great team. :\ :\

:D :mad: :D :mad: :D

SmartiePants
1st Oct 2006, 12:11
Another 5?????? I reckon another 3. Still, lucky we've got some newbies starting next month, or so I've heard...........

airbus2boeing
1st Oct 2006, 17:33
You guys would do well to concentrate on avoiding "controled flight into terrain" , instead of worrying about who should be president of the union. The record speaks for itself.:oh:

I agree with you 100 % :D

Grivation
1st Oct 2006, 21:17
Couple of Australian F/O's just signed on the dotted line with HKE for US$6000 p/m to fly the NG.

Still going backwards by the looks.

mythbuster
1st Oct 2006, 22:54
With such great leadership :yuk: , is there any other way ?

SmartiePants
1st Oct 2006, 23:26
Yes, and I think the quality (:yuk: ) management we've got aren't going anywhere in a hurry.

Bob Hawk
8th Oct 2006, 03:40
Interesting link for those who want to go home. No need to be unhappy now.

http://www.skyairworld.com/

Good luck.

Bob :ok:

Park n Shop
9th Oct 2006, 02:43
It would be nice to go home but the wages are lower and the tax kills everyone.
I can't see anyone in Aus paying a E170/190 Capt more than $80k which is less than an F.O in HK and then take out the tax of approx 45%, not much left.
Would have to be a life style decision me think.
Different strokes for different folks.

Sum Yung Guy
9th Oct 2006, 04:31
And what do you base the figure of $80k on, inside information or just a well calculated blind guess.:D

Does anyone know what Virgin Blue are going to pay their Embraer drivers?

Sum Yung Guy

Phlaps 40
9th Oct 2006, 06:33
I was told AUD$90k give or take (for Capt's). At least, that's what VB are telling their FO's (ie they will get a pay rise for an upgrade onto the new fleet). But I was also told that the company is saying a lot of things to get the newest EBA through (and Embraer commands are a big carrot). If it gets voted down, then direct entry pilots will be taken.

The Sydney base idea was killed due cost (to VB).

Another mate that just got into VB was told by MGMT that they won't be employing for the 737 again till 2008.

As for the AU/HK $ diff...does it really matter if the Aussie taxman gets it (as opposed to your HKG landlord)???

Inferno_HK
13th Oct 2006, 11:13
Regardless, of what aussie pay scheme looks like, a few boys keen on going towards charter operations. Seems like, the retainer policy is non-exsistant. Plus, a few lined up for interviews soon.

Our management, are well know to be able to hold on to the truth. Plus it seem like the swiss boys are going to be running the show, thanks to our leader blinded by their "cannot do anything wrong" syndrome.

Pressing down on certain FOs, might not pay off in the long run. Good job, chiefy, time will only tell.

:yuk: :mad: :yuk: :mad: :yuk:

SmartiePants
8th Dec 2006, 03:23
Another one gone and three more going in the next 4 weeks. Hope the Hainan boys can salvage the situation. Getting rid of the DFO and the CP would be a great start.

mythbuster
10th Dec 2006, 01:44
They are both (DFO,CP) clearly out of their depth with man management not to mention other areas. The attrition rate amongst the pilots in the last 12 months can not be blamed solely on a poor contract. Who's next to leave? I hear from down the road it's the TM.
Hainan , do the math, these guys are costing you plenty...

sally
11th Dec 2006, 01:52
With so many pilots leaving and new aircraft arriving, how come I've been told by their recruitment lady that there will be no further recruitment until mid 2007?

SmartiePants
11th Dec 2006, 15:43
Keep plugging away SALLY. She only knows what she's told, which isn't much and by people (DFO and CP) who wouldn't have a clue(skeleton crew per aircraft is the way to go apparently). :ugh:

Better still, choose life and apply elsewhere. :ok:

mythbuster
14th Dec 2006, 11:57
Sally ,

If you are female , I can tell you first hand that the CP does not employ women pilots, he has an adversion to them (poor chap). However, if you are indeed not female but just like the name "sally", you may just be the candidate. Otherwise don't waste your time. There are better options.

Lakes2A
17th Dec 2006, 15:04
Ive got to congratulate the eunuch on his systematic destruction of HKE. But he couldn't have done it without the help of that other cx retard. Well done! so what will crumble first? HKE or tc's face?

SmartiePants
18th Dec 2006, 03:20
Lakes 2A, harsh.....................but fair.

Inferno_HK
19th Dec 2006, 01:32
BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO.......The CP has officially announced yesterday, that HKE will be starting an internal S.O. program, the only requirement needed is an EMB-170 rating and time on type, and straight onto the jumpseat of a 737.

Company in dire straits. Exodus in the happening and best of all, was told the CHINESE don't like to LOSE FACE, but come on DFO hold on to YOURS, PLEASE........:} :} :} :}

Baxter Dewall
6th Jan 2007, 20:59
What's the latest with this operation?

Are they getting their act together now Hainan are the majority share holder ?

Heard rumours that housing allowance is on the cards.

Can someone in the know advise of duty and stick hrs and the rest of the rostering protocol.

Answers anybody

sinkingship
7th Jan 2007, 12:25
Does anyone have a number on total pilots employed at the moment?
Also when do the 73G arrive.
Thanks.

MOETMAN
9th Jan 2007, 20:51
Sorry Baxter ,
We are all tooo busy writing out CV's for Virgin Blue to give a **** !!!
I must advise you though , there are easier ways to get a gig with VB than via these losers. Better ask the CP , on second thought..... don't waste your time unless you enjoy good fiction from the hobbit or should i say lord of the rings :} .

Baxter Dewall
10th Jan 2007, 01:41
hey Moety,

Check your PM's mate.

sinkingship
18th Jan 2007, 04:01
Hi all,
Has anyone got any details on the simtest?
Thanks.

K3nnyboy
8th Feb 2007, 14:19
so how does the SO programmee work??
I am a CPL/ME-IR holder freash fm trainning...

sally
10th Mar 2007, 03:22
Anyone know when the Embraers leave?
How many EMB pilots have left and how many are converting to the 73?
When are their courses set for?
Thanks for any info.

Blown Seal
10th Mar 2007, 03:42
Sally,
one E170 has left already the others go in the next few months "apparently", 10 of the current EMB will be leaving (out of 30), the rest will be converting to the 737 over the next 5 months or so.

sally
10th Mar 2007, 04:12
Thanks Blown Seal,
Does that mean they are converting EMB pilots at the same time as taking on newbies? I know a few guys who are starting in April and wondered whether recruitment and induction courses will be ongoing for new hires at regular intervals for the rest of the summer/year?

Blown Seal
10th Mar 2007, 04:30
Sally,
Yes on both counts.

jetjockey696
14th Mar 2007, 06:54
Hi guys

Do anyone have the email address for the Chief Pilot (Captain Michael Fitz-Costa)

thanks

jj696

rwyctrln
17th Mar 2007, 10:05
Name is Mike i believe. What else is the latest at HKE guys ? Heard the NG delivery are delayed due to insufficient experienced pilots ?

Grivation
18th Mar 2007, 09:34
Maybe if they didn't require experienced NG drivers to sign a A$32,000 3 year bond for an aircraft they're already type rated on, then pay garbage wages with no housing alowance ..... they might get a few more! :rolleyes:

Dan Winterland
18th Mar 2007, 14:42
Cathay and Dragon aren't finding it easy to recruit right now despite a reasonable expat package, so HKE have no chance.

And what's this about a bond? I thought they weren't legal in HK.

KRUGERFLAP
18th Mar 2007, 16:16
Capt. Michael Fitz Costa –[email protected] (–[email protected]) - +852 3151 1848

Capt. Lienhard Buechi – [email protected] ([email protected]) - +852 3151 1912
(Portuguese speaker too)

RH Chief Connie Dick – [email protected] ([email protected]) - +852 3151 1963

jetjockey696
19th Mar 2007, 05:50
Thank you Krugerflap for your help

jj696

MTR Dude
23rd Mar 2007, 10:40
Heard a few rumours the other day about this mob!

They hiring S C A B S now too!
They didn't pay the refueller in HK?
They just hired quite a few Direct entry Captains from Brazil,
That must make the current FO's all warm and fuzzy inside!

So how many you original ERJ guys leaving?
Quite a BIG number I heard?
Wonder why hey?
I thought the management were all really GOOD people, especially the chief pilot.

MOETMAN
24th Mar 2007, 05:48
Yea your on the money there. This operation is a disaster , just go back through previous posts. As for the CP , don't believe a word he says. He's full of it !

MTR Dude
24th Mar 2007, 12:44
Sorry was being a bit mis-leading there!
The CP just tells you what you want to hear then does otherwise!
So my source heard?
So with the Brazilian direct entry captains just get out the Vaseline and then bend over and take it like a MAN!
:ugh:

ltjng
2nd Apr 2007, 17:06
From my personal knowing, HKE CP is one of the best guy and the best pilot I have ever known. I am more then willing to work or fly with him.

Although I am not flying for them, but I believe He is doing his best for his job.

Just my personal comments.

e170LR
3rd Apr 2007, 04:03
Whilst I accept that it is your personal opinion regarding the CP, you must not know him very well. I will not say that he doesn't work hard, in fact the opposite, however this is not the issue the crews have with him. He has a very short memory. When I joined the company (knowing his background full well) I thought the crews would have a leader who would attempt to do the right thing by them. How wrong I was. He does not stand up for his boys on ANYTHING. Also, his penchant for flying off the handle and acting like a petulant little brat is well known. However the trait which I believe leads to his lack of respect the most is his lack of integrity handling the truth.

Inferno_HK
3rd Apr 2007, 04:27
E170LR, I honestly think your being very diplomatic. The CP is plain out a little S:mad:T !!!! Not only does he have a short memory, but so do his two side kicks , LB and RP, that have been put in the same office cubicle so they can all find each other before the next conspiracy.

The funny part is knowing the CPs back ground from CX, thinking he would have brought some professionalism into the system, instead he has surrounded himself with scabs, flight simulator junkies as part of his go team. It amazes me how he sleeps at night, knowing that he is gonna lose another pilot yet again.

:\ :\ :\ :\ :\

PS: ltjng, you sure ur not the FLEET MANAGER of HKE !!!!!!!!! :p :p

mythbuster
3rd Apr 2007, 05:24
:D e170LR and INFERNO ,

I could not agree more ! Someone once told me MF was a backstabing , manipulative , self centered little c*** . I thought it a little harsh at the time , I didn't think he was overly self centered. Is it not a wonderous thing how some people can rise to their full capacity given enough time.
CX had their reasons for his untimely departure , I'll let you form your own conclusions. as for itjng ...... Watsons have a special on vaseline this week , while stock lasts , don't be late !

ltjng
3rd Apr 2007, 12:14
You guys are wrong, I don't work for HKE at all.....not even close. I am flying up in the far north. But I knew MF way before HKE established.

Bare in mind that he is sitting in the office, he gotta think for the company as a management pilot. He gotta execute the senior management policies whatever possible.

Yes, he should stand up for you guys pilots, but up to a certain limit,....he gotta consider the picture from the management point of view.

Just like anywhere in the world, conflict between pilots and management never ends.....good luck!!

e170LR
3rd Apr 2007, 17:20
Yes, he should stand up for you guys pilots, but up to a certain limit

Unfortunately Itjng his personal limit is so low it is nonexistent. I am struggling to think of even ONE occaision where he has stood up for the pilots. A happy workplace can go a long way to making people not worry as much when they are paid sh!t wages, as the management person in direct control of the pilots that is his area of responsibility, and it is woefully neglected. I never said you work at HKE, because it is obvious you don't, or you would have the same opinion as the rest of the pilot group. Also regarding whatever else you have said I will repeat from my earlier post that he is a lying little brat, this has nothing to do with senior management policies.

Inferno_HK
3rd Apr 2007, 17:36
Itjng, if you don't work for HKE, Please do us a favor and exit this forum, Your wasting your time and ours, trying to convince us. We have faced the gun directly.

Your so called Butt Buddy, MFC, has lied and played his mind games long enough. The pure proof of whats going on is directly apparent with how many pilots are leaving. Even the local chinese pilots have had enough and it does not take too much to please them.

People are fed up, with the constant betryal our CP provides in daily dosage. The question we all ask is, why. Has he forgotten his roots as a pilot, and no one in a professional arena deserves this. But every dog has his day, and his will come too.

I do suggest that you break any ties with your soo called friend, It be a shame to see a skid mark left in your undies, by our CP. I assure you, the amount of ass-kissing you do, you can get a job anywhere else, don't start at HKE.

:\ :\ :\ :\

Grivation
4th Apr 2007, 02:24
Sounds like a fantastic place to work........NOT! :eek:

MOETMAN
15th Apr 2007, 23:49
Yes......:yuk:

K3nnyboy
20th Apr 2007, 13:38
geez...you guys are scaring all the freash out of school pilot like myself HAHA
is it really that bad to work at HKE?? like...might sound silly but, if u really enjoy flying, then im sure a little bit of **** is acceptable...but, sounds lik us are really fed up with wat so called the CP

NoseGear
26th Apr 2007, 11:53
Your a bit rich UKOK, saying the Ockers and Kiwis are willing to take any COS to fly a jet.:yuk: You've got umpteen thousand wannabees in the UK paying for jet type ratings all over the show with 250 hours and whinging because they can't get a job. If they join Easy and Ryan, they get a a great COS there.:rolleyes:
Whatever else is going on at HKE, none of the Anzacs paid for a type rating.
CX and KA are not taking low time turboprop guys, and Dragon never has. Get your facts straight, its your area, if thats where your from, that has been the start of the decay of COS.:rolleyes:
Nosey

PPRuNe Towers
26th Apr 2007, 12:09
Nosegear,

Have a look at today's posts in the Monarch T+C's thread on Terms and Endearments. You'll see all the starting pay for for brand new guys across a spread of UK companies.

$90K usd basic is a tempting and realistic prospect for folks to go deeper into hock. Whether you and I like it or not it's market not lemming driven. The thought of taking that risk horrifies me but I'm not twenty, invulnerable and thinking no further than next week any more:confused: :ooh:

Rob

NoseGear
26th Apr 2007, 13:09
Rob, I'm ticked about this statement, "I suspect Ozz/Nz will be their main culling ground, as most guys there seem willing to accept any lousy conditions of service to fly a jet, even piss poor small ones." Its confrontational and almost soley without merit from someone who obviously has little or no idea. Especially given the facts, almost every 20 year old you talk of will go deeper into hock, to the tune of 40,000 GBP for a type rating, and this after only 250hours. The "shiny jet" syndrome is alive and well in the UK.
"Market driven"? Absolutely, and those digging into their pockets are the "lemmings" driving it...."he did it, so I better so I can get onto that shiny jet".
Just think if none of them did? I'm certain the "market" would be forced to pay for training, as they should. At least the pay is headed in the right direction, which is nice to see for a change.
Nosegear

PPRuNe Towers
26th Apr 2007, 14:26
"Just think if none of them did? I'm certain the "market" would be forced to pay for training, as they should."

I agree with you mate,

But would we, both of us, have agreed when we were twenty? That's the problem. Sadly it's shortage of pilots driving up the wages not the new guys standing up for themselves. And thus the market actually doing the driving.

I will, however, be scanning google images for a suitable lemming avatar. The main Jet thread over on the South Asia forum appears to have an infestation of the terminally naive.:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Rob

Arrowhead
31st Jul 2007, 07:51
Every country has good and bad people, as does every airline. But for a taster of some of the bad/bizarre from Brazil, check these posts from across the PR delta...

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=282179&highlight=macau

Normally I would says that things can only get better, but in your case....:eek:

bartika
6th Aug 2007, 08:41
Hey there, i'm looking for company information. I'm considering submitting an application, but I can't seem to find a lot of info regarding the work sules or benefits that are offered.

I've read the whole thread, so please spare me the "don't do it" posts.

Thanks

SmartiePants
16th Aug 2007, 01:43
Don't do it.

dyermaker
20th Aug 2007, 13:21
It's been kinda quiet here for sometime. Any news? Anyone got an interview?

SmartiePants
21st Aug 2007, 02:58
Hey eco...... I do still care. Talk soon.

ncjulo
1st Jun 2016, 10:21
Hello, how long did it take you to get response and the interview dates??

Vc10Tail
8th Jun 2016, 15:30
Is HKE currently recruiting?Are they biased toward certsin regional nationalitiea.Neither myself nor fellow countrymen get invuted despite qualifications and experience excewding minima vua online Is there a secret route we dont know about?

DJG74
17th Jun 2016, 06:29
Anyone scheduled for testing in the week of 15th - 18th August in HK? Happy to communicate and exchange knowledge if you want, just let me know. Cheers.

jetjockey696
19th Jun 2016, 02:26
BTW Flydubai is also having screening in HKG...