PDA

View Full Version : Catalina Lecture

Hermano Lobo
27th Jan 2006, 13:08
9th February

'A Cat's Tale'

Stuart Powney - Plane Sailing Catalina

All lectures start at 18:15 in British Airways theatre, Waterside, Harmondsworth.

For details, to arrange entry, etc., contact the Branch Secretary, Adrian Constable on
0208 738 7299 or e-mail:[email protected]
£1 entrance fee for non-members.

RAeS Heathrow Lectures :-
http://www.geocities.com/spitfiremk9/RAeS.html

Hermano Lobo
8th Feb 2006, 08:13
Just a reminder !

:ok:

Hermano Lobo
10th Feb 2006, 09:43
Last night's Catalina lecture was superb. :ok: Perhaps you could say it was a real triumph of anoraks over suits?

It charted the history of the first Catalina they owned till its sad demise in the Solent. What was a real added bonus was the airshows and the publicity flights the Plain Sailing Catalina undertook. Great aerial shots from the 'blisters' including air-2-airs. The publicity work in Italy also was very interesting. Some nice photos of visitors at the airshows the 'Cat' went to, all provided by a good talk from Stuart Powney and some great slides.

Happily they now have another Catalina. A Canadian 'Canso' that was a water bomber. It has the standard P & W engines instead of the previous more powerful Wrights. It also has the usual tail instead of the enlarged one of the Wright version.

If you are an aviation enthusiast and can ever get the chance to see this lecture it is not one to be missed.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
10th Feb 2006, 10:53
Thanks Hermano... still mightily cheesed off that I had to miss it. Have a promise of a ride in one when I next visit NZ and can't wait!

Hermano Lobo
10th Feb 2006, 11:32
I am sure the Catalina ride in NZ will make up for it ! :ok: Don't forget your ear-plugs ? :eek: