PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Airways

Longchop
27th Jan 2006, 11:45
Ive been on here on and off now for 5 yrs asking about BKK Airways but its always negative stuff.

Ive got myself a UK job with loadsa TP time on the Dash........Reckon thats enough to get me into BKK Airways or maybe even Thai Airways!!!

I have the right to live and work in Thailand by the way!!;)

ZFT
28th Jan 2006, 04:38
I have the right to live and work in Thailand by the way!!;)

Then you must be a Thai national because only they have that RIGHT today.

Longchop
28th Jan 2006, 13:08
Then you must be a Thai national because only they have that RIGHT today.

And?????

So can we get a job over there or what?

ZFT
28th Jan 2006, 20:34
And?????
So can we get a job over there or what?

For TG You must be a Thai National, but their 2 ATRs have recently been transferred to Nok Air who have only employed Thai nationals.

BKP do take on suitably qualified ex-pats.

dekka007
29th Jan 2006, 03:57
Not as easy as you think to get a job in Thailand m8.

Put it this way I already live in BKK with 6000 hours total 4500 hours JET and I am struggling to find work in Thailand with any carrier.

You can forget TG for a start.

Good luck!

Longchop
29th Jan 2006, 10:26
Cheers guys!!

Cross Check
1st Feb 2006, 16:56
Dekka (& Longchop)

Did you try for Thai Air Asia? Or are you steering clear of LCC's? (Understandable...) :hmm:

XC.

QNH1013
2nd Feb 2006, 02:46
If you have a passion for aviation as a career and an LCC is your best chance of getting a Jet job from Turbo Props or you are out of work and looking for a flying job, you'd grab a jet job with an LCC with both arms and both legs.

Give TAA a call. I think they have plenty of FO's though and Captains will be in demand as they expand. And besides their cabin crew are simply the Best in Thailand! .... Right XC? ;)

cyriont
2nd Feb 2006, 05:04
Hi,

Cross Check: Do you have the contact information for Thai Air Asia?

Thank you,

siam
6th Feb 2006, 09:24
On a different subject do any of you know if it is possible to work in ATC in Thailand if you are not a Thai national?

zakpeegoodus
6th Feb 2006, 11:54
"On a different subject do any of you know if it is possible to work in ATC in Thailand if you are not a Thai national?"

- not possible...Even if it was you would not live on the wages...

zakpeegoodus
6th Feb 2006, 11:57
However there was a woman from Singapore working temporarily via some kind of exchange program. Contact Aero Thai. I am sure you will find it a bureaucratic brick wall.