PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Airways

JimmyD
27th Jan 2006, 11:16
Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone here works for Tiger Airways and has information on working conditions, pay rates for captains and Fos and what kind of experience are they looking for and if they employ expats?

Cheers,

JimmyD

Shaker One
26th Feb 2006, 05:52
Tiger employ expats, you work quite hard but pay is good. Apply via website.

boebus
26th Feb 2006, 16:05
Tiger is Singaore Airlines! :ok:
Jetstar is Qantas! :ok:
Both are losing money. :{ TR more tha 3K! :uhoh:
Seems like both pilot groups are geting the same pay at the end of the day. :ouch: One lot of tech crew gets fed and watered by the company,the other doesn't. :bored:
Now that Temasek Holdings has put a 'CEO' into one of the LCC in SIN, :rolleyes: my informant tells me Tiger and Jetstar will be 'one' airline before 2006 is finished! :sad:

MASsenger
27th Feb 2006, 07:30
If both Tiger & Jetstar are loosing money, how on earth does Air Asia make money, and they just gave away 2million tickets free! Are they not competing in the same market. Is AK`s operating model different from the rest of the LCCs.

boebus
28th Feb 2006, 16:16
MASsenger - please :rolleyes:
A different kind of animal! :ouch:
TR and 3K are operating out of SIN and Air Asia out of KUL,BKK and CGK. :\
Look at the wages and pay that SIN operators pay their staff compared to Air Asia and their bases. Air Asia are mostly all local pilots where TR and 3K use mostly expats. :{
Yes the market is the same, but the routes are different. Have a think why the SIN government won't let Air Asia (except for Thai Air Asia) operate through Changi? :confused:
Same Same, but different! :*

boeinglover
4th Mar 2006, 23:20
Dear Shaker one,

Please kindly enlighten how good is good on the renumeration with tiger.
Care to intro on the Basic pay? PPA etc?

Cheers and fly safe

rods
15th Mar 2006, 12:31
Tiger employ expats, you work quite hard but pay is good. Apply via website.
hello there, if know something about the package of them, I'd rater like to know?? I mean Salary, allawance, and all you can tellme about them.
Thank you. cheers.:confused:

rods
15th Mar 2006, 12:42
Dear Shaker one,

Please kindly enlighten how good is good on the renumeration with tiger.
Care to intro on the Basic pay? PPA etc?

Cheers and fly safe
Hellow there, it seens that you also know about tiger,, if you could happen to give-me some info about the tiger package for f/o A320 expat. I've experience on it, also I'm not happy where I'm now. Wondering about changes...
Thank you body fly sate too. cheers:D

airbusboeingdriver
15th Mar 2006, 15:25
Tiger is Singaore Airlines! :ok:
Jetstar is Qantas! :ok:
Both are losing money. :{ TR more tha 3K! :uhoh:
Seems like both pilot groups are geting the same pay at the end of the day. :ouch: One lot of tech crew gets fed and watered by the company,the other doesn't. :bored:
Now that Temasek Holdings has put a 'CEO' into one of the LCC in SIN, :rolleyes: my informant tells me Tiger and Jetstar will be 'one' airline before 2006 is finished! :sad:

boebus,

where did you get your information that tiger is losing money? can you prove your statment? thought tiger just announced they made profit in their latest financial report?

tiger's capt is paid basic of S$96,000/yr and S$109.20/flt hr and f/o basic of S$64,000/yr and S$72.80/flt hr.