PDA

View Full Version : Last Exam - Nav

The Otter's Pocket
27th Jan 2006, 10:07
Hi all
I have just got my results and I have messed up Nav in a big way.
I thought that I had it in the bag, the exam was a good one. One suggestion was that I miss aligned my answers, however I think that I was just a little too cocky.
Does anybody know where I can get a copy of the Italian Feedback paper? How accurate is it. The Bristol is fantastic but I am monging it somewhere along the line.
Some suggestions would be great.
Thanks
A very disappointed Otter

Charlie Zulu
27th Jan 2006, 14:21
Do you know what sort of areas you need to work on in particular?

I would say the Bristol Feedback (both the Online Question Bank and the Brush Up Feedback) is a lot better and in fact most of what the Italian Feedback has.

Send Clowns
27th Jan 2006, 15:41
I have given private tuition to a lot of people who have failed Gen Nav. The first thing I say to them: forget the feedback until we've covered all the most critical and most commonly-confused material thoroughly. It is very difficult to pass Nav if you concentrate too hard on the feedback. Too many different questions look superficially similar, there are too many ways of asking for similar things.

If you want any more specific help then send me a PM. I am even available for private tuition, if it gets that far (moving to Southend soon to start my new job, so Bournemouth is not the only possible venue).

Good luck!

Send Clowns
former Gen Nav instructor, BCFT

The Otter's Pocket
30th Jan 2006, 13:41
Send Clowns
Thank you very much for the offer. I live up the other end of the country and work full time. I am afraid that I just don't have the time to get over to see you. However your offer is graciously received.

FlyingRat
30th Jan 2006, 19:02
As with all the ground exams 'learn the subject first'.

Then think about feedback. It makes life much easier. Particualrly when you get asked a question on your IR or at an interview!!!