PDA

View Full Version : Renting Cessnas in Zimbabwe

Hunter Handsfield
27th Jan 2006, 01:19
Greetings. I'm new to PPRuNe. I'm an accomplished nonprofessional pilot, comm/inst/SEL, 2000+ hours, owner of a 2002 Turbo 182. Over the next 2 years, my work is going to take me to Zimbabwe 1-3 weels at a time for HIV prevention research. My first trip is coming up in a month. The study's headquarters are in Harare but the research is underway in 30 villages around the country. The current study team spends many hours on the road--but I would like to exchange some of the road hours for flight time.

So I am wondering about operational, regulatory, and other practical issues pertinent to renting single engine Cessnas in Zimbabwe, preferably out of Harare. Any information or advice is welcome.

Thanks! HHH

Coleman Myers
27th Jan 2006, 11:03
Hi Hunter - good reason to fly in Zim is there is no fuel to drive - which begs the question is there any avgas ?. Also the roads are good but accidents are getting more frequent (like here in Kenya) according to my chums there. You could try and make contact with Al Addison at the Mashonaland Flying Club when you get there or Ian at Pegasus. There are not many other options left apart from private owners.Good luck !!!.

Ingwe
27th Jan 2006, 18:02
HHH

Check your private messages

Ingwe

Coleman Myers
29th Jan 2006, 18:05
HH,

My Zim connections tell me there are some young sharks operating out of Charles Prince so be careful too !

tic
30th Jan 2006, 03:50
I know someone who ownes a Cherokee 180. He may be willing to lease it to you. Fuel is a major problem tho.
I know you want/need Cessna, but this may be an option for you