PDA

View Full Version : Great North Air Ambulance Pilot

as355f1
26th Jan 2006, 19:48
Anyone hear of an accident involving one of there pilots apparently he is in intensive care. ?

as355f1
26th Jan 2006, 19:49
sorry air ambulance not amblance doh!

Bitmonx
26th Jan 2006, 19:51
no worries mate.... next time just edit your post instead of making your typo public! :ok:
Sorry, no info on the accident.

as355f1
26th Jan 2006, 19:54
just worked out how to do it thanks :ok:

coalface
26th Jan 2006, 21:22
Press release from Great North Air Ambulance;-

It is with great sadness that colleagues and supporters of The Great North Air Ambulance Service heard of the climbing accident which sadly claimed the life of Dr Rupert Bennett, left “Pride of Cumbria” Pilot Jim Martin seriously injured and Paramedic Jon Ker suffered a serious hand injury.

“Our deepest sympathy goes to Rupert’s wife Sally and their families. He will be sadly missed by his friends and colleagues at Great North Air Ambulance.” said Grahame Pickering Chief Executive of GNAAS “Rupert was a well known and respected doctor in Cumbria, who had flown many missions on the Pride of Cumbria. We are all devastated by the news and our heartfelt sympathy goes to his family.”

dr atkins
26th Jan 2006, 21:28
As355f1, you might find this bbc link helpful.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/4646422.stm

I had the pleasure of working with Jim when I was maintaining his plank at Teesside. The rumours down at his old base is that he is in a poor way but I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Dr A

P.S. Yes he was the one in the Chinook crash.