PDA

View Full Version : ATPL 18 month time limit

spinnygirl
25th Jan 2006, 13:16
Hi,

I have been completing the ATPL's whilst working and have found myself with a February deadline to complete my last 4 exams . . . does anyone know of anyone who has managed to get a deadline extension or even if it's possible . . . or any advice really

Thanks in advance :o)

powdermonkey
25th Jan 2006, 13:54
I don't know if an extension is possible, which last 4 exams are they?

-IBLB-
25th Jan 2006, 14:04
I had a friend who tried to get an extension in a similar situation. He didn't get it.

Remember the 18month period starts from the first time you sat an exam, not when you started the course.

dboy
25th Jan 2006, 16:32
It all depends if you are a modular or intergrated student.

grtz

-IBLB-
25th Jan 2006, 17:13
I have been completing the ATPL's whilst working and have found myself with a February deadline to complete my last 4 exams . . . It all depends if you are a modular or intergrated student.
Dboy, looking at spinnygirl's original post, do you think she is an integrated, or a modular student???:confused:
Besides, LASORS says 18 month's either way.

I couldn't find anything in LASORS about an exemption for the 18 month period, spinnygirl, nor could i find it in the dutch equivalent.

BroomstickPilot
25th Jan 2006, 21:01
Spinnygirl,

I have been told that provided you have missed examination dates for a really good reason (e.g. serious illness or car crash injuries, properly substantiated by documentation) the CAA will consider granting you an extra attempt. However, you really do need a very good reason.

I would suggest that if indeed you do have a good reason, and can prove it, there is nothing to be lost by applying. They can only say 'No'. However, the sooner you do this, the better.

Good luck!

BroomstickPilot

pushapproved
25th Jan 2006, 22:07
Spinnygirl,

I do know of somebody who did get a 6 month extension, (which also happens to expire in a couple of weeks time!).

The good reason in this case was the original Modular Training Provider went out of business!

As Broomstick Pilot says there is no harm in asking. The CAA aren't all bad, but telling them you just haven't had time probably won't help. So make it good!