PDA

View Full Version : female A330 pilot seeks work in the middle east

Banna
25th Jan 2006, 04:36
can anybody help.I am a female A330 f/o living in Dubai with my family hoping to return to work after 2 years.License is current ratings are just about to lapse.As you might or might not know Emirates and Ethihad don't employ female pilots.I am listed for Air Arabia but things change overnight here .I have over 5000 hrs on A330 737 and BAE146 the Airbus being the last flown and would look at contract work as well if there was something out there-not afraid to move again.
Banna :O

Tintin
25th Jan 2006, 05:29
We have a few female with qatar airways try www.flyqatar.com

good luck

LindbergB767
25th Jan 2006, 05:33
Hey you can also try Dragonnair in Hong Kong
and maybe Vietnam Airlines but I think they w ont get those 4 A330 until next October

Fool 'n' Tameez
26th Jan 2006, 13:30
Etihad and Emirates don't employ female pilots??!!
That's surprising. How about Gulf Air?

loc22550
26th Jan 2006, 13:48
try qatar airways only as a last resort...!:ok:

Banna
28th Jan 2006, 10:10
Fantastic-thanks folks I've applied to Qatar airways online.What are they like to work for ?the web site looked pretty good.Emirates have one local girl who's training at the moment once she's checked out it will hopefully open the doors to the rest of the world.Ethihad have a no female pilot policy which looks like it will stay in place for a while.:)

Wango Z Tango
28th Jan 2006, 13:36
Here at Qatar Airways we have 5 female pilots, all from various back grounds although mainly Europeans.

So there is no problem working here and being female, just don't expect to get the left seat anytime this century... In this area of the world it is very much a male dominated society and you will definitely be made aware of that here..

It’s all a bit of a shame, but can't teach old dogs new tricks out here... I guess.

Cheers

Z