PDA

View Full Version : Loadmaster Jobs - USA - Worldwide...?

BelArgUSA
24th Jan 2006, 21:45
I am a 747 captain... this is not for me, but a friend of mine...
xxx
He seeks a job as LOADMASTER... but here at Pprune, we dont have a forum for them... I assume "Freight Dogs" is the most appropriate forum for him to get that info, am I right...?
xxx
I flew with him a few years ago, company stopped operating... He would like anything to fly again as loadmaster, or maybe a ground job, possibly as a load controller or equivalent position - worldwide... he is familiar with the proper loading and limitations - of 747-200F...
xxx
Thanks for your assistance...

P.S.
Moderator... how about a forum for loadmasters, or include them here...?

Flight Detent
25th Jan 2006, 01:26
Hi BelargUSA,

I also made a suggestion for a forum dedicated to professional Flight Engineers, but there has been no response as yet!

Cheers, FD :confused:

CR2
29th Jan 2006, 06:44
Folks we're probably going in the opposite direction of more forums, we have perhaps too many as it stands.

Try Focus Air in Miami.

Daede1
30th Jan 2006, 20:03
a jobs one would be good - ie people looking for jobs, not companies advertising.

Tex
13th Feb 2006, 03:59
Would he be willing to work in Iraq (tax free)?

There are civilian positions for load control at KBR. Have him look up KBR in a search, then look at the jobs listing.

Intruder
13th Feb 2006, 23:37
Atlas/Polar hire loadmasters, both as company employees and as "independent contractors." I don't know if there are any current openings, but a letter and resume to them couldn't hurt.

galaxy flyer
14th Feb 2006, 00:43
I believe FedEx has loads too, but more like load mangers that "advance" charters where they go out ahead of time and make the arrangements, ensure the charter load is compatible, properly documented and ready to go. I have meet a NWA guy in a similar job on AMC moves. Might be an interesting job and get to travel, but probably few flying loads in civil aviation.

GF

Roadtrip
14th Feb 2006, 16:10
Does he have the right to work in the US? If so, try Kalitta, Southern, Focus, Evergreen, or Tradewinds.