PDA

View Full Version : SIA PAx Vs SIA Cargo

PaTriotEeK
24th Jan 2006, 12:43
Hiho..gus hwse every1 doin...hope 2006 has been treatin u guys good...anyway, id like to ask..what are the pros and cons of sia pax compared to sia cargo? (besides the obvious)...could some1 or any1 shed some light on this? thanks heaps..:)

CargoBoy
24th Jan 2006, 16:01
A few months back, hundreds of 744 PAX pilots were offered up to 75K/100K SGD (FO/CAPT) to cross over to SIA CARGO. To the best of my knowledge, not even one took up the offer.

I leave it up to you to decide which is better.

Cargoboy

4PW's
24th Jan 2006, 22:00
It is extremely disappointing to see such loose writing.

Nonetheless, PaTriotEeK, if you were to manage the interview wearing those low slung jeans and colorful boxer shorts, in keeping with your hip talk, you would find the passenger fleet has a better package.

SIAs passenger pilots have more hidden perks. It's a simple truth, to the consternation of SIAC pilots.

Difficult to know whether or not your inquiry is genuine, though if it is we wish you well.

fatbus
25th Jan 2006, 04:09
4PW,

What are the hidden perks you refer to?
Thanks

PaTriotEeK
25th Jan 2006, 05:49
..comn guys..was merely asking..dun hv to be so rough..anyway...who gets to fly more sectors?...stuff like that..thats wot id like to noe...im not a pilot...nor am i with SIA...im just a fellow aviation enthusiast who'd like to noe more...aye?...:ok:

CargoBoy
25th Jan 2006, 05:51
Fatbus,

They aren't actually hidden. Here are some of the perks that SIA PAX pilots get but NOT SIA Cargo.

1. Positioning allowance 1/2 of PPA. (Roughly amounts to about 1000 SGD a month for FO)

2. Privilege ticket to any SIA destination.

3.Free transport when arriving or departing in the wee hours.

4.Transport allowance of 28.00 SGD per trip

5. Overnight allowance of 30 SGD per night.

Cargoboy

PaTriotEeK
25th Jan 2006, 09:43
Thx for the info cargoboy...anyway, i'd like to apologise if i offended anyone with my post, seriously didnt mean to. I was sincere in my enquiry, if i did end up offending any1, den i'm sorry, im new here, perhaps i should learn the 'do's and dont's of posting anythin here 1st judging from the response i got.:\

BlueEagle
25th Jan 2006, 10:22
Just a couple of tips for the future:

1. Search the archives with your intended post title, before you post, you may very well find the answers there, the subject of SIA pax and SIA cargo has been discussed quite a lot in this forum already.

2. You may not realise it but SMS speak isn't welcomed by a lot of people who read PPRuNe and so as soon as they see it they are antagonised, suggest that when you post in future you dump the SMS stuff and use plain English with acceptable and widely known abbreviations and acronyms.
Regards, BlueEagle. ;-).

PaTriotEeK
25th Jan 2006, 13:22
Roger that BlueEagle, will definitely take that into consideration. I will oblige by the rules the next time I post. Once again, I'd like to apologise. Sorry for any trouble caused. :ugh: