PDA

View Full Version : Ari Ben

fly.flyco
24th Jan 2006, 12:12
Hello

Does anyone know anything about the Ari Ben aviator school?

:) thanks

Sky_Captain
24th Jan 2006, 12:19
What sort of info are you looking for in particular? What are you thinking of doing there?

S.C. :ok:

fly.flyco
24th Jan 2006, 12:39
I just want to have information on the training quality there (does anybody know anything...)
I'm looking for a cheap and good school to do a pilot training program (200h)...
I was told that ari ben aviator could be a solution...

any idea or comments about this school??

thanks

Sky_Captain
24th Jan 2006, 13:02
I did some hour building on their aircraft and did my JAA CPL/Multi IR with European Flight Training who is mixed in with Ari-Ben. I take it your looking to do the FAA side of things, I just thought being from Paris you were going JAA :confused:

Anyway, there set up is very basic, not as advanced as Cabair or others in the area, and the aircraft, although well maintained, are heavily used by both schools and getting on in age. The instructors are of mixed experience, although most I knew from there had well over 1000+ hours instructing. Watched several of there students do flight tests for the FAA and the vast majority did pass no problems.

There price is reasonable, the accomodation is too, if its just something basic your looking for then keep them in mind, but don't be afraid to shop around. For FAA flying, there's other good places in Texas and California too.

As for Eaglejet, well PM me and let me know what your looking for.

S.C.

BritishGuy
25th Jan 2006, 13:15
Yeah - do yourself a favour and stay away. They've just been refered to the FAA for safety issues.

Dnathan
25th Jan 2006, 13:48
Yeah - do yourself a favour and stay away. They've just been refered to the FAA for safety issues.
Just out of curiosity; what safety issues and how do you know?

I'm not too familiar with the school, but Fort Pierce is a nice airport. Almost as nice as Vero ;)

BritishGuy
25th Jan 2006, 14:14
One of my students just went therer to timebuild in their multi-engine aircraft. One mechanic to about 20 planes. Kinda speaks for itself. Lets just say they over looked something and it could have risked a lot more than a plane.

B200Drvr
25th Jan 2006, 16:16
I attended the school, did the 200 hr program and worked as an instructor. Every school, in every country around the world has issues and this is no different, but for the price and what you get out of it, it was well worth it. They have been in business for 20 odd years, so must be doing something right. No other school in the US will offer you the same training for the same money. If I had to redo it, I would go straight back there.

Farrell
25th Jan 2006, 17:06
BritishGuy.....

I usually keep my trap shut on these threads but what you have been told re: AriBen and the FAA, is just not true.

Now, as has been said before by the powers that be - either come up with satisfactory evidence to back up what you say, or withdraw your comment.

Cheers

Mordacai
25th Jan 2006, 21:07
British Guy,

Mate, I agree with Farrell, you really are going to have to back up that comment with some facts.

I've been instructing with EFT/Aviator for well over a year, and as far as I know, you are misinformed. One mechanic to 20 aeroplanes? That is just plain lies!

There are a team of mechanics here every day working ruddy hard. I fly these aeroplanes several times a day, and have complete confidence in the maintenance.

M

A320rider
26th Jan 2006, 15:33
the best is not to give them to much money...

your best back up plan is your wallet!!!

razzele
27th Jan 2006, 01:23
I trained at aviator from PPL all the way through. The experience i gained there stood me in an excellent position when i returned to england. The JAA IR was a breeze after all that lovely multi time i got in the states. The hour building they provide is an excellent experience. I recommend this place to everyone.

The maintenance there is superb at last count they had 11BE76s, 10 C172s and 6 full time mechanics.

PM me for more info as required

razzele