PDA

View Full Version : EK late rosters

Toad Hall
24th Jan 2006, 09:21
Same old same old sh*t 24th of the month and still not a roster in sight on the Airbus. They made an excuse last month but nothing yet for this month or is this now considered the norm??
Chatting to a BA crew in longs a couple of nights ago they told me that when they do their month of reserve they are given a week free of any duty, but the rest of the month BA can use them as they please. Seems like TCAS forgot to bring the whole BA reserve system over.
Another very pissed off EK driver:{

puff m'call
24th Jan 2006, 10:21
I'm with you on that one, trying to sort things out for next month and still no roster, it's just crap!!!!!!

Another pissed off EK driver :mad: :{

Obfuscation
24th Jan 2006, 11:00
With BA the best thing about the reserve month is that you have 7 days guaranteed off. If you have to be off for a certain event it is one way of ensuring this and not unpopular with various crewmembers. By the way I did not vote for this reserve system at Ek, what were the majority thinking?

ratpoison
24th Jan 2006, 12:33
Maybe we should have a POLL to see who actually voted for it. As TCAS said "over 60% voted overwhelming". Yeah right. :confused:

Toad Hall
24th Jan 2006, 13:10
Still no rosters today which means they will not be out until the 25th at the earliest. How many days before does the FOM say we should have our rosters i don't have one to hand.
Anyone thinking of joining this shambolic outfit think very very carefully.

Dirigible
24th Jan 2006, 13:50
I didn't vote for it (for or against) as I was sure the company had made up its mind anyway and was just going through the motions of asking for a vote. Since when did we ever have say in such matters?

Btw, could someone please explain to me how this FCI about accelerated command works for the guys wanting to transition upgrade. 18 months in the company prior to being eligible,3 month training prior to final line check, 12 months experience on type prior to being considered for upgrade and then a 3 month upgrade course. That makes 36 months total..., or have I missed something? (Apologies for the off topic comment.)

Oblaaspop
24th Jan 2006, 15:19
In answer to the FOM reqirement for publishing the roster, it is@ FOM Chapter 4, page 5.

It states "they must be produced not less than 7 days before the expiry of the previous roster"

So where the hell are they then?????????:mad:

havanna
25th Jan 2006, 07:22
Where ???? Just arrogant !

quarefellah
25th Jan 2006, 09:05
Oblaaspop,
The correct quotation is "and are to be ready for publication not less than seven days before the expiry of the preceding roster". Pedantic I know but maybe they are ready just not published yet :} As for all the other sentiments expressed here, I agree wholeheartedly. It is ARROGANT beyond belief!

Oblaaspop
25th Jan 2006, 10:13
Semantics aside, its completely unaccecptable not to know what you are doing next week when working for a scheduled airline!!! For that there is no excuse!

White Knight
25th Jan 2006, 12:19
After 5pm now - and only 7 days of January left, and still NO ROSTERS!! Pretty p1ss poor show really........

etops777
25th Jan 2006, 12:21
The printed copy is available in your box.

Oblaaspop
25th Jan 2006, 12:53
B777 only apparently..... Not for us Airbus boy's!!!!

Its like we work for a seperate airline!

what_goes_up
25th Jan 2006, 13:28
Finally it's in the system guys. But still not acceptable!

Safe flying

Mr Angry from Purley
25th Jan 2006, 17:11
Night Freight Europe I just published March rosters last week :\
But I got enough crew!

puff m'call
23rd Feb 2006, 08:44
Four days to go, need to know what i'm doing next month and still no ******* roster.

Getting pissed off and fed up with this ****e airline, i'm very very angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep discovering nothing.

Dissapointed
23rd Feb 2006, 08:50
Yes, it's true! No Rosters!! Nothing??!! Where are they??!! The FOM states that the rosters will be ready 7 days before the end of the current roster, why are the people concerned not held accountable?? If I screw up I am! I need to know what I am doing! My wife needs to know what I am doing, my kid needs to know!! Oh well, just three more weeks to go before I go in and say adios amigos!

ratpoison
24th Feb 2006, 11:10
Can I come too ??:{

upndownagain
26th Feb 2006, 05:08
I was talking to Leave planner on Wednesday to figure out what "on hold" actually means and saw the Airbus planner.

Its not pretty in there, 2 guys working 15hr days, no days off, trying to cram 31 days of work in 28 days.(Feb) He was finished but the 1 planner trying to fix the training plan that had changes 5 times in 5 days was still working on it.

Manpower issues all around boys!

Toad Hall
24th Mar 2006, 10:33
Yet again still no :mad: ing roster for the airbus pilots in April. How are we meant to plan what little time we have off to recover form the 100 hour rosters. TCAS please get a grip and kick some ass in the rostering department.

Mack Tuck
24th Mar 2006, 10:43
hard copy in boxes at CBC (Friday)

145qrh
24th Mar 2006, 11:44
What bloody use is it in my box in CBC, they are a shower of useless............

Late every month, are they going for some kind of record, or is the sub-continent mafia reminding us who is in charge.....

Mack Tuck
24th Mar 2006, 12:03
dont moan to me; do it to someone who can make a difference

turtleneck
24th Mar 2006, 12:04
you have allah's mail adress?

Gillegan
25th Mar 2006, 07:21
Yet again still no :mad: ing roster for the airbus pilots in April. How are we meant to plan what little time we have off to recover form the 100 hour rosters. TCAS please get a grip and kick some ass in the rostering department.

Unfortunately, in the byzantine corporate structure that is EK, the rostering department does not report to AS. For that matter, nor does the planning department that is responsible for the current manning crisis. In a further bizarre twist, in the forthcoming annual pay review, AS doesn't even has a seat at the table, yet it is he who will have to deal with the consequences of what is decided.

I'm not trying to defend AS but rather point out that much of the dysfunction here is the result of concious and deliberate decisions made "AT THE VERY TOP" of the airline and as such, I don't believe that much is about to change.

SecurID
25th Mar 2006, 10:43
Then why Complaints about all matters regarding
crew scheduling shall be referred to the
relevant Chief Pilot.

Direct quote from the FOM, Chap 4, Page 4.

harry the cod
25th Mar 2006, 19:12
Well, you could try but I think ONE of the chief pilots has his hands full with training! Trying to juggle too many balls usually ends up with them all on the floor!

Harry

Gillegan
26th Mar 2006, 06:49
Then why
Direct quote from the FOM, Chap 4, Page 4.

It does say that but I would also refer you to the chart of Organisation and Structure - Organisational Responsibilities. Crew Planning, Crew Scheduling and Network Control all report to the Vice President of Network Control and Logistics who reports to - not SVPFO but rather directly to EVPFO. While you may be advised to direct your complaints to the Chief Pilot, and I'm sure they will forward your comments and complaints to the crew scheduling department, said department is under no requirement to do anything about it. In fact, that organisational chart explains so much about why we are in the state that we find ourselves. It also probably explains why any reports regarding dispatch and network control are completely ignored.

SecurID
26th Mar 2006, 06:55
That was exactly my point. SVP N C & L is not in any way answerable to anyone in our department that might remotely care about our lives.

Des Dimona
26th Mar 2006, 12:55
If you think the April rosters are bad, just wait until May and June. There is no way that the existing crew numbers on the Bus fleets can complete the required schedule.

There are also increasing numbers of guys falling over the hard 900 hour limit, which can only make matters more interesting as each month fewer pilots are actually available to fly. Great way to head into summer. Just watch the sick leave head sky high.

By the way, don't bank on the Chief Pilot lifting his finger to help - he ain't interested. He's too busy processing the 25 pilot applications per day. :mad:

southflyer
24th May 2006, 09:28
Wo ist mein Juni roster????

I know, rethorical question....., I was just bored

upndownagain
24th May 2006, 09:32
Rosters late again.

Wait a minute - they are early!:D

upndownagain
24th May 2006, 09:36
They are out.
Jumping the gun, you have to learn to winge when a winge is required! We wouldnt want to loose our credibility. :=

southflyer
24th May 2006, 09:48
Well, what can I say, I am young, naive and inexperienced...

Roster Change
24th May 2006, 10:42
The life of a crew planner !!!!!
No overtime,
No call out pay
No limo to and from home.
No legalities to protect them from number of consecutive hours worked or days off. Give them a pat on the back now and again, go on, I dare you !

bushbolox
24th May 2006, 10:50
Just to cheer you guys up. I work for a european airline, albeit charter.
I recieved my roster last night.Some are not still out. It has 104 flight hours on it.Equating to approx 31 sectors and two positions, with five long nights. Why i dont know. I cant do it all , but i know it will change. My point is that Ek does not have a monopoly on such behaviour, but it does seem to have a monopoly on its employees whinging continously on PUBLIC forums about every aspect of their existance. Its pretty much the same for everyone guys with a few exceptions in the better organised companies. Issues at ek notwithsatnding it doesnt paint a pretty picture of the mindset of flight crew at EK and the constant whinging about what we all experience these days. Very much a Dubai flat earth mentality and a little past its sell by date. It is an open forum and so if you post I'm entitled to respond as I have alot of interests in the Gulf and mates at EK who dont whinge so much. Its just not pretty:=

No I didnt fail, I passed, but bring on the rest of the abuse

montencee
24th May 2006, 11:10
Is there a difference between whinging and whinging about whinging?

And don't you have a couple of other handles? 7x7 or something like that and another one that I don't recall just now.

What I do recall is you talking to yourself on other threads.

alghazal
24th May 2006, 14:14
Hey guys, do you want a big laugh ?

Down there on paradise island Abu dhabi, for the last 3 years, no roster 2 or 3 days before deadline,and of course no policy for late delivery of the roster.

Things are about to change hopefully for better apparently. Looking forward to it, but no roster yet either !!

Yossarian
24th May 2006, 14:34
I am suitably amazed that the rosters are out. Well done Roster Change! If you had the resources required, I'm sure you would do it every month. Although we bemoan the late rosters that we have been getting for the last 2years, I'm sure I speak for many pilots when I say that we hold you accountable in no way whatsoever. We are all victims of a system that is starved of resources, and I for one appreciate what you have to go through on every shift to get the job done. I would not want to go through what you do on a daily basis.

Until management provides us ALL with the required resources, we can expect things to be tight for a while longer still.

Bushbolox, I hear your pain, and know what you mean, but I expect an airline that markets itself as a serious up and coming global player to behave that way with its staff too. Late rosters are not on, and charters here are very few. I'm guessing that your 104 hours this month will limit your flying for the rest of the year, and be financially rewarding for you.

I am only doing 97 hours next month, but I have yet to see any indication from managment that they have any paln in mind for when we all run out of annual hours. Ours is a year round business and on 550 hours in 6 months, time is running out.

clhcaptain
24th May 2006, 15:46
Here´s something from far away (Germany):
I´m working for Luhthansa and we don´t yet have a roster for June as well. But for us it´s quite normal: According the books the roster has to be handed out 4 days before end of month.

It´s hard to plan things if you´re a pilot...

many happy landings to all of you

145qrh
25th May 2006, 13:32
Rosters may not have been as late as usual, but the salary seems to be late..

Should have been in the bank yesterday....

IS is EK or HSBC ?????

Uplink
25th May 2006, 14:11
Salaries already paid. A day early as usual due to Friday being 26th.

Mack Tuck
25th May 2006, 15:58
Hoorah Muttley!:ok:
Have even heard of guys driving their Audi to work as the driver is too pharked to stay awake! (poor offspring of unwed parents have no limits on them).

ruserious
25th May 2006, 19:55
Audi drivers who work 12hr shifts, 10 days straight
And ain't we the lucky ones to be driven by them, oooh I feel so privileged

upndownagain
27th May 2006, 03:25
Does anyone REALLY know when the rosters are supposed to be out? When are they considered late?

I was told that it is by midnight on the 25th for a 31 day month.

specialrider987
27th May 2006, 03:49
upanddownagain

that's in agreement with what I've been told as well. Airbus rosters were out on the afternoon of the 24th May.

fatbus
27th May 2006, 07:20
21st normal no later than 7 days prior to the end of the month.Seems now we are working on the 7 day thing. Cant recall when the last time Airbus had a roster before the deadline

BigGeordie
27th May 2006, 09:04
The FOM says they have to be out 7 days before the start of the new roster. I would dig out a reference but now that we no longer have a paper copy it is a bit more hassle. The airbus rosters have been out right on the deadline, or after it, for about a year now.

Mr Mugabe
30th May 2006, 04:46
I am going to be the devils advocate here.........I remember when we went in to the Training Collage to hear how the new Bidding System was going to work. One question asked was...........
"so will we then get our rosters earlier?"
The answer was no later as the system will give you close to what you bid for.................plonk................sorry fell off my chair laughing. Seriously, this is how the bidding system is supposed to work and that's the excuse they use. In truth there is nothing wrong with the bidding system or the operation here except that we DON'T HAVE ENOUGH STAFF! Heard someone yesterday advising that the crew had been waiting on the AC over an hour for wheel chairs.
Forever Positive ;)

upndownagain
30th May 2006, 08:22
"no later as the system will give you close to what you bid for"

Thats not what I heard at the TC. The answer I was given was:

NO...if anything the rosters would be issued later to give the company the ability to incorporate more chages. It had nothing to do with bids.

southflyer
24th Jul 2006, 22:55
..........so, what part of 7 days do you not understand?????

halas
25th Jul 2006, 07:07
The paper copy has been in our FC boxes since yesterday.

Just can't get access on the portal to start getting rid of the trips l have been given>

halas

ShockWave
25th Jul 2006, 09:51
Manpower and another war on our back door step. Surely no one is surprised by having a late roster, get a grip on reality guys. AB BEY flights now DAM, plus lots of additional flights there, and summer peak leave results in delays. If you can't at least understand that, then show some patience on behalf of all the people getting the crap bombed out of them.:=

cerbus
25th Jul 2006, 16:12
What does people getting bomb 1500 km away have to do with EK not gettng the rosters out a week before the end of the month? EK could easliy have the rosters by the 20th of the month at the latest but choose not to. Why? We all know the answer to that one.

Roster Change
26th Jul 2006, 02:46
Muttley Crew......7213 cabin crew both male and female.

No way can you compare the complexity of the pilots roster build with training requirements needed, to a cabin crew roster solution. FYI G2's still to be published.

ruserious
26th Jul 2006, 08:27
RC, yes there is no argument that pilot rosters are more complex than IFS, however most other airlines manage this just fine.
FYI G2's still to be published. Well that's something to be really proud of!
While I understand you don't make the policies that continually under-resource us, you become part of the problem when you regard it as acceptable or even normal.

ShockWave
26th Jul 2006, 18:32
The point I was trying to make was that: There are a lot of things going on in EK and all around us that effect the way the airline operates. You can't realistically work for an airline that is expanding at this pace, goes where we go, is staffed by the staff we have, and is managed by the managers we have and expect it to run smoothly. It is not acceptable to have late rosters but it is understandable, given all of the above. We are not cabin crew and are rostered in a completely different manner to them so I fail to see the comparison. I also don't think there is an evil master plan of persecution against AB pilots (but I could be wrong). I think I have a good "GRIP" especially since the wife has gone away for summer.

145qrh
25th Aug 2006, 13:51
25th of August and no roster on Evita or the Portal, are the paper copies at CBC yet ????

bus canuck
25th Aug 2006, 14:09
Yes, paper copies are in. Doesn't help much though unless you fancy a drive across the bridge...

Obscurum per obscurius
25th Aug 2006, 16:03
Just to rub salt into your wounds, over in Fragrant Harbor we get our rosters on the 15th, without fail and we have Basings. Do we complain that they should be out earlier, yup!...oh yes our Cabin Crew get theirs after us. Funny that!

Mr Angry from Purley
25th Aug 2006, 19:53
Fecking Heck
I just published October rosters 2 weeks ago :\

Big Kahuna Burger
25th Aug 2006, 22:57
Can you please explain Angry..?

Fearless Leader
24th Sep 2006, 08:29
Just remember "We created it, but your responsible"

Keep recovering, (remembering, regretting, etc.)

145qrh
24th Sep 2006, 08:32
Are they in our boxes??

Every sodding month, no excuse , no apology.......But MR ED assures us we are fully crewed, so that can't be the reason:) :) .......maybe, just maybe

Jolly Foreigner
24th Sep 2006, 10:09
Was at CBC at lunchtime to see what bills have arrived from the homeland, plenty of demands for money but alas no roster!

:{

bus canuck
24th Sep 2006, 10:10
Things are so bad that even this thread is late! I was expecting it yesterday. Come on guys, just because THEY are always late doesn't mean we have to be. :=
I expect to see this thread next month right on time as soon as THEY are late, which of course THEY will be.
Thank you!:D

Austin Holed
24th Sep 2006, 14:17
1815 on the 24th, no October roster on the portal, no October roster on Evita. Disgraceful. If we pilots were as incompetent as some of those above us, then there would be a lot of bent aluminium and dead people scattered around the globe.

I guess it's just an indication of the low regard that we are held in by the powers that be.

helen-damnation
24th Sep 2006, 19:24
Paper copies in the CBC, 24th pm :eek: :D

White Knight
25th Sep 2006, 03:01
Fat lot of good that is if you're not going to be visiting the CBC for a few days:{ :{

Jolly Foreigner
25th Sep 2006, 04:37
Probably too busy scrutinising how much fuel is being uplifted ready for the next fleet update memo.:rolleyes:

EGGW
25th Sep 2006, 05:15
Still no friggin rosters on the portal, is this an all time worse they are going for :\ :\ :mad: :mad:

EGGW

Mistah Kurtz
25th Sep 2006, 05:44
It's a shame that this constant issue of late rosters isn't pursued by management with the same vigour they are pursuing fuel uplifts. In a scheduled airline it is utterly pathetic!

The rosters are in the system but seem to be some sort of state secret. Six days before the new roster starts still have no idea what I'm doing next month

Thridle Op Des
25th Sep 2006, 11:19
Just checked Airbus rosters are on the Portal.

L1011
23rd Oct 2006, 07:30
October 23rd and no A330/340 rosters. B7 and A310 are there though.

No surprise really, except that it was on earlier today. Then suddently went missing - very weird. must be a holiday joke.

Eid Mubarak to all.:)

Fart Master
23rd Oct 2006, 08:20
I used to think it was because the 777 fleet was smaller with less changes, but thats not the case now, no doubt a new excuse will be produced if you ask:ugh:

JonBoy80
23rd Oct 2006, 12:30
If rosters are late, then so what. Do u honestly need so much time to make plans in advance for the following month.? You have survived up to this point in time, therefore you really dont need your roster on a silver platter. If its really impacting on your social/family life, then call em and explain how important it is that you have access to your roster.. Im sure they will help. Till then, just arrive to work early and stop crying...

L1011
23rd Oct 2006, 13:16
Whoa, JB80 you are one sore little puppy today ain't yer?:} Boring being home from the office? Why not spend the time finding out how to write literate English with correct punctuation. Some useful tips here (http://www.grammarbook.com/) that will help you with future posts mate.

My comment related NOT to the lateness of the roster, that is par for the course.

I posted because I wanted to know why the A330 roster was on the Portal this morning then suddenly disappeared? Maybe someone knew the reason and could enlighten me. Weird also that the B777 and A310 rosters are there, but A330 is not.
Have a great day:rolleyes:

JonBoy80
23rd Oct 2006, 13:26
Offices are closed today. Pitty you are not up to date with current public holiday dates. Bad roster for November?. Dont take it personally, just continue your online grammar courses. :)

L1011
23rd Oct 2006, 16:47
Talk about missing the joke! You ARE dense enough to be an EK manager!:rolleyes:

Fart Master
23rd Oct 2006, 20:56
Seconded L1011:ugh:

SecurID
23rd Oct 2006, 21:01
Thirded! ;)

4HolerPoler
24th Oct 2006, 02:02
JonBoy80 is an old member who, to date has observed the requisite politeness expected of members, especially that expected of those who are not pilots. Regretfully, a short review of his recent posts demonstrates a negative trend towards us guys up front. I'll not tolerate wind-up sniping at members having a good old winge at the things that most irritate us about our jobs.

Show some tolerance & understanding JonBoy. := And we'll do likewise. :ok:

4HP

JonBoy80
24th Oct 2006, 11:58
4hp,

By supporting the statements made by your frustrated Ek pilots clearly shows the lack of intelligence you attain. If you arent happy with rosters, accomodation or upgrade policies, then leave. Whinging on here isnt a major problem, but coming to work and telling every single person how you feel about emirates is pathetic. Despite all your comments on pprune regarding EK, nothing has changed and nothing will change. Just remmember, YOU NEED EK MORE THAN EK NEEDS YOU.

Sheikh Your Bootie
24th Oct 2006, 12:11
Just remmember, YOU NEED EK MORE THAN EK NEEDS YOU.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa, funniest bit on this forum in a while. Tw:mad:t

SyB :zzz:

4HolerPoler
24th Oct 2006, 14:43
FYI - JonBoy just left the building. Carry on guys.

4HP

ruserious
24th Oct 2006, 20:34
4HP once again :ok:

sandkfir
25th Oct 2006, 04:42
Good night Jonboy

Wow am I really that old that 4HPs: post immediatly brought to mind a line from a 1970s TV series The Waltons. How sad.:{

fatigueflyer
25th Oct 2006, 04:58
Hi guys, Just wondering if its just my computer as I still can't get my roster out and as I am on a layover right now. Guess the management think its ok for me to get it when I get back in a few days time. Pretty piss poor effort....again. Been here a while and stil the same old crap, different day and year. It is asking too much to know what I am doing next month so I can have a life? Guess not! :ugh:

pintofstella
22nd Nov 2006, 18:59
Have just spotted that Airbus Captain rosta's are still not out (not surprised as its only the 22nd) but have also spotted through the portal that , pursers, sfs, fat girl 1's (FG1), grade 1's rosta's are out. Just shows how fare down the food chain we are. Keep recovering how bad things are.
Cheers

Alan Squeely
25th Nov 2006, 00:13
Actually, I believe that the FOMS were repossessed as TCAS and his merry band have turned them into a complete work of fiction. Amazing that the document was used to "prove" compliance during the last IOSA audit, and the company treats the documented limitations as purely advisory.

Two specific instances that TCAS issued "dispensations" against FOM limits were:

1. A Captain was told to carry a pregnant passenger well outside of the FOM stated limitations, and,
2. A Captain was told to operate well in excess of the maximum duty time extension.

Makes a mockery of the whole document...

turtleneck
20th Dec 2006, 08:34
hey guys, some ab rosters out already! and no open time reports until the 31st! is that a good trend?

turtleneck
20th Dec 2006, 11:26
what the f..k!!!!!!!! it's off again..........but i swear it was on this morning.

Led Zeppelin
21st Dec 2006, 10:43
TN,
I think what you saw was the initial bid result. This has yet to be "manipulated".

Don't expect the final version for some days.

ironbutt57
21st Dec 2006, 20:48
Lest you forget from where some of you come from...is your PAY ever late....not defending malpractice at your employer...just a tool I use from time to time when my frustration level rises...try it it works!!!:ok:

ruserious
22nd Dec 2006, 03:26
We manipulate your holidays, roster, legality, terms and conditions at out pleasure. We lie to you are irresponsible, negligent and treat you like iditots. But we pay you on time, yeah, guess you are right makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :ugh:

montencee
26th Dec 2006, 11:50
So,whats going on.

Rosters out on time, got the bids that I wanted and not in top group either, less than 90 hours (just) for the first time in months, nothing in open time.

Dump the DECs and a get a pay rise that's more than a Band Aid gesture and this job could be heading back to where it was.

ironbutt57
26th Dec 2006, 13:12
Didnt say it makes it all better...just the glass is 1/8th full vs 7/8 empty...what to do....had all the above AND the rubber paycheck once upon a time...just a bit (albiet small) positive spin for the holidays...

CAYNINE
26th Dec 2006, 14:15
you serious!!

Another 4 weeks of manually manipulated rostering, Sim supports are getting rediculous, guys in the box one FO supporting a Captain and next door one Capt supporting an FO...now that's utilising the resources.

And what's with the rosters that have 5 days off then 1 turnaround before going on leave the next day....what a load of S#%&!

145qrh
23rd Jan 2007, 17:11
Getting to that time of the month again.....:ugh: :ugh:

Just thought I would bring the thread back to the life again.

24th of the month....and.....

cyclops camel
23rd Jan 2007, 17:51
Hate having to defend the company, but today is still the 23rd.
Even in JFK....

EGGW
23rd Jan 2007, 18:07
Long Range Ed's newsletter on the portal just out. it states that the "Printed" version is at the moment the first copy to be published at the moment, so if you want it early, get down to CBC :ugh: However, it will be changed by Mercator to be the online version being the first published in the near :{ future, whatever that means.

EGGW

donpizmeov
24th Jan 2007, 02:22
Boeing rosters out this morning, Bus rosters still a work in progress.

Don

puff m'call
25th Mar 2007, 10:03
Well here we are the 25th of March and none of the EK line pilots know what they're doing next month. It's an absolute disgrace. :ugh:

It's all very well Mr Ed sending us emails with shallow apologies but that's not good enough, get off your back side, kick some butt and get it sorted out.

You know dam well Mr Ed this would not happen in any other airline where the pilots have some sort of representation, just like the one you flew for!!
So why let it happen here? :=

From one very p!$$@d off EK pilot who wants a life!!!!

GTR-34
25th Mar 2007, 10:26
roster's not out in EY as well.........:(

Username1
25th Mar 2007, 10:28
If you really think about it, its not such a big deal.. :)

From A very happy Ek pilot who doesnt take it personally when My roster is late

fatbus
25th Mar 2007, 11:03
that just means you dont have a life, unable to plan anything unless you're the type that just books off instead

GMDS
25th Mar 2007, 11:33
It just disqualifies each and everyone from ED, AS, AAR, TC up to the owner wearing a dishdash. Just wait until they'll blame the non-achievement of the target on us ......
Lack of personnel has never been the fault of employees, but a result of cloak-management. Anyone missed the 35xx numbers on the flightplans? That's what payed the butter on the bread before and it's only due to a monster cock-up in recruitement that EK can't even think of planning additional profit generating flights.
Notwithstanding professional planning of the few guys left on the payroll.
Well, dear managers, the whole world knows it and by poorly covering up your mess you only lose what little respect the aviation world might had left for you.
Please dismantle the fence on Jumeira Beach, so that we can get back the only nice thing around Dubai and raise it around the airport, so it will cover the embarrassement.

longreach69
25th Mar 2007, 12:39
No rosters here in WY yet,:bored: .Who needs a life anyway:ugh: .We all do it out of the kindness in our hearts,dont we guys and girls.:{

ironbutt57
25th Mar 2007, 13:50
Flt deck out as of thurs here, cabin tomorrow:ok:

flareflyer
25th Mar 2007, 13:55
iron which airline do u work for?

ironbutt57
25th Mar 2007, 13:56
Oh.....Gulf Air of course..

Scudsy
25th Mar 2007, 14:53
They must really have their backs to the wall if the rosters are this late. Busy trying to squeeze every last minute out of EK pilots.

donpizmeov
25th Mar 2007, 16:56
You must have just missed them mutts. They ended up on the portal a bit after 8pm. Third month in a row my roster has no changes on it. Hope that continues.

Don

TangoUniform
25th Mar 2007, 16:58
Key word, SHOULD.:rolleyes:

mmid
26th Mar 2007, 17:35
pilots complain abt everything , even about the traffic in dubai.

hmmmm

Scudsy
26th Mar 2007, 20:48
Yes,

yes everybody whinges about the dangerous traffic.

hhhhmmmmmm.........

wonderful insight.........

:D

well done

Username1
27th Mar 2007, 01:33
MMID: "pilots complain abt everything , even about the traffic in
dubai."
Arent you used it to by now?. Fellow ppruner's can I remind you that the traffic in Dubai has nothing to do with Emirates. However, Im sure there is a clever mouse out there who is trying to find a link which will hold Emirates responsible for the traffic on every street in Dubai. I have a gut feeling that the mouse is more than likely an EK pilot.
I beleive Qantas and Cathay Pacific release there rosters on time. So perhaps you should get in touch with those airlines and see how you can move across. If they ever ask you why you left Emirates, BITE YOUR TONGUE AND DONT MENTION THE ROSTER BIT. I know its really hard not too, but just try.
My family seems to carry on perfectly with their lives when my roster is a day or two late. Why cant you?

fo4ever
27th Mar 2007, 03:35
The roster has never been late in EK!!!!!

At least that was what Mr ED wrote in one of the DEAR SLAVES bulls... papers a while back

FO4EVER

Gillegan
27th Mar 2007, 05:53
Arent you used it to by now?. Fellow ppruner's can I remind you that the traffic in Dubai has nothing to do with Emirates. However, Im sure there is a clever mouse out there who is trying to find a link which will hold Emirates responsible for the traffic on every street in Dubai. I have a gut feeling that the mouse is more than likely an EK pilot.
I beleive Qantas and Cathay Pacific release there rosters on time. So perhaps you should get in touch with those airlines and see how you can move across. If they ever ask you why you left Emirates, BITE YOUR TONGUE AND DONT MENTION THE ROSTER BIT. I know its really hard not too, but just try.
My family seems to carry on perfectly with their lives when my roster is a day or two late. Why cant you?
I don't think too many people blame Emirates for the traffic. To most people who have been here more than 3 years, we feel that they don't pay us enough to put up with it. (During the 70's and 80's when Hong Kong was getting prohibitively expensive and Cathay was expanding, they did not settle for a package that was number 22 compared with other airlines, they made it a top of the industry package - Emirates is going to have to do the same thing if they want this to continue) As far as late rosters go, maybe it's an inconvenience or maybe it's more, but the point is that it is just one of many things that is making this job more and more untenable for many pilots. If you don't believe me, just take a look at the increasing numbers of resignations. The frustrating thing for many is that we don't see anything being done to address the problem. Sure, band-aids such as reserve pairings, contract pilots from NZ (doesn't sound like they were too impressed) or the 6% payrise, but do you really see the company doing anything substantial to address the manning issue? Let's face it, the package is not sufficient to attract or retain the numbers of pilots that Emirates needs and the longer that management keeps their heads in the sand, the worse the quality of life is going to get for us. If things seem to be working out for you then fine but it's not working out for more and more Emirates pilots. (There certainly isn't any outlet to express our dissatisfaction within the company!)

max AB
27th Mar 2007, 06:53
Username1, glad to hear all is well in the Username house when the rosters are late, same in the Max house as well, aren't we lucky. But don't rub it in to guys who need more time to plan their lives, with wives working, school kids to pick up or single parents trying to juggle their time, different priorities to you and me..... try not to be so presumptuous.

Scudsy
27th Mar 2007, 07:28
It's a simple truth of good management. I was trained in many management skills befors becoming a pilot. The lack of manpower management skills displayed by SOME managers here is shoking (not all at EK are bad). It's just good manners at the least.

If you say "rosters will be published 1 week before the end of the month" then do so.

If it can't be done. Tell us why and change the rule. Our contracts Terms and Conditions change so much, we are ready for change!

I have to agree with the posts above. If your life is SO DULL that you don't need any time to plan it, congratulations you have acheived nirvana. The rest of us don't live to work.... WE WORK TO LIVE.

Scudsy
27th Mar 2007, 09:13
Most people do more with theirs lives than just get pissed & go to work. Although some pilots give that impression, especially those caught drunk at security.

There is no excuse for "last minute tweaking"

Issue the bloddy rosters. We all know there will still be be open time and sickness, no matter how manny pilots we have.....

HENCE WE HAVE RESERVE...

:ugh:

picu
25th May 2007, 09:45
At the risk of inviting the wrath of all the soothsayers, the rosters were issued on time this month. Well done to those involved. One hopes that this will continue and, why not, be improved upon.:D

EK Snorkel
25th May 2007, 12:50
Fact is Pursers got theirs on the 18th and SFS's on the 20th.

Pilots got it on the 24th. Well done EK (not) super management :D:D:D

mini cooper
25th May 2007, 13:34
What gives, top bid group but only a couple of flights, the rest of the days are marked as 'rest'. I thought 'rest' was what you were given before a late night departure, not as a filler for the roster. What are they up to?:confused:

Sorry belay my last, glitch in system, crew control says problem nearly sorted but for rest change to flights, now got lots of flights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:{

Fix Info
25th May 2007, 14:15
I think I'll keep the hand-clapping to myself. One roster on time in 3 years... That sounds more like a glitch of some kind. Like that month not too long ago when rostering accidentally published rosters before they were finished...

Besides, 2nd top and 2 AD days "post publication" isn't really what I would call a winner....

The key to splendor is consistency. I'll clap if they can keep it up for more than a quarter. Not very likely...

Wiley
25th May 2007, 14:15
Mine too - on time, but lots of "Rest" days in a row that I somehow don't think are going to be spent resting, (except maybe for a few hours in a bunk!).

L1011
25th May 2007, 15:54
I thought the rosters were due out on the 20th?

So how come that is "on time" picu?

BYMONEK
25th May 2007, 23:26
This month it's the portal's turn for cock-ups. Rest days are actually shown as MNL's on the paper roster. Wasn't it the other way round last month? :confused:

L1011
26th May 2007, 12:57
Yeah and I got ADs 'post publication' it says on the printed roster. WTF?

Anyone else got this? Guess someone has taken a flight away, Days off would have been too much to ask for.

Must be the heat.

EGGW
26th May 2007, 14:08
L1011. Check the FOM, its says the rosters shall be published 7 days before the end of the month, so different dates on a 28, 30 and 31 day month. They were out on time, for once, though with cock ups on 'em!! :rolleyes:

EGGW

emratty
25th Jul 2007, 11:37
....... Rosters not out! although i hear the paper copy is at CBC not much use when you are away.:confused:

Saltaire
25th Jul 2007, 12:39
Someone's napping out there. No current payslip available on the portal either....have we gone bankrupt? ;)

ChiefT
25th Jul 2007, 15:05
Bancrupt... hmmm, have you bought too many aircraft?

Would be a nice one on your payslip: Capt, we'll appreciate you work with us and we let you participate in our success, therefore you'll get instead of money shares in our fleet and B777-303, A6-xxx is partly YOUR ship!

Paycheck will be back after fleet expansion was finished.

Thank you for your participation in our company loyalty program.
We appreciate your loyalty! EK

mini cooper
25th Jul 2007, 15:48
The rosters could be accessed today, but some fine tuning was still being carried out. The guys in the CBC have been told not to show us the rosters as some planks had started complaining about the rosters before they were even printed.................................dorks.
They are supposed to be out by end of play today 25th..............they weren't when I went to the CBC and they still are not out on the protal now.............typical!!!!

White Knight
25th Jul 2007, 16:07
And nor are they on EVITA:mad::mad:

uspilot757
26th Jul 2007, 00:33
Here we go again guys :ugh: where are the rosters???? It's the 25th already for God sake....
Are the paper copies for the AB at the CBC? but again that doesn't help the guys who are on the road.... Nothing on the Portal as of today.

And who is that idiot who ruined it for everyone else by complaining about his final roster after some changes made it from when he saw it at the CBC? :=

barkingboris
26th Jul 2007, 04:17
Hi all.
Its 8.10 am on the 26th and i have just tried to view my festering roster on the company portal.
GUESS WHAT ???
I cannot even get into the portal.
Each time i try and log on its incredibly slow and once i have gone through the hoops it spits out some message to do with server exchange etc etc.
I know everyone is thinking that i am computor illiterate but i have had this recently when trying to do things on the HR direct part and it was problematic.I called up the relevant dep who admitted there "was a problem with the system".
Rant over ,off to my do medical.
Nurse to patient.
"Why is your blood pressure up?"
Reply.
"I work for Emirates":ugh::ugh::ugh:

JonBoy80
26th Jul 2007, 20:14
You do have options. Leave or shut up.

uspilot757
27th Jul 2007, 00:45
Boris,
you're right. The system was acting up like you said but it's working fine now. I had similar issues with it too.
Hope you got what you bid for, but I can bet you didn't as it's getting to be the norm these days:}

LHR Rain
27th Jul 2007, 01:08
JonBoy is such a ****. It is that kind of shut up or leave attitude that makes the middle east suck to live and work in. When are these ars@#$@ going to join the 21st century and realize that we are not in the 1920's anymore.

BYMONEK
27th Jul 2007, 14:30
JonBoy80

Naughty BOY! Those type of comments are normally reserved for certain types in management. If there is a bid system to produce rosters then it's not beyond reason to expect the system to work. Both on line and paper copy. Regardless of manual insertions.

Don't worry about London rain though (how appropriate!). He just likes to slag off anyone who tries to stop the whingers on here. You can always count on him to offer a balanced, well thought out argument without recourse to stars, asterix & dollar signs directed at individuals. Must have been a tough one going up against him in the debating lectures at school :rolleyes:

You may even be lucky enough to receive a personal message from him like I did. It wasn't nice but then neither is he.

uspilot757
28th Jul 2007, 08:00
JonBoy, I guess the bidding system works for you, right? Well, if you are one of those lucky ones who get their rosters tailored regardless to your bid group, then I see your point.... NOT ;)

marra
30th Jul 2007, 15:48
well it sounds from reading all these posts that living in a sand dune is crap after all!! Why did so many join?! Leave i say, leave and come back to civilization.:hmm:

Dentist
21st Aug 2007, 01:58
So can anyone give me an idea of a monthly roster, the 777 compared with the 330-340. Iam thinking of applying and doing a bit of background work at present?

meagain
22nd Aug 2007, 09:29
Poor old EK crews. :rolleyes:
I work for a hopeless lot further East but even we get our schedules 2 (that's right, TWO months ahead ) :)
Nothing changes there in the pit does it ??

Ketek400
23rd Aug 2007, 15:30
Rosters out today. I think it is getting better by the day! NO complaint here!!!! I love it! Choice, 330, 340, 777, 748, 388....space suttle...yeah baby.

QNH1013
23rd Aug 2007, 17:54
Umm, Rosters out today you say? Do you mean in the mailbox? Because mine is not out on the portal.

what_goes_up
23rd Aug 2007, 21:05
I think it's only the 330 rosters for once. 777 not on the portal yet.

QNH1013
24th Aug 2007, 10:19
Boeing on the Portal now.

Plesantly surprised. Not Bad timing! Anyway, time for swapping...

145qrh
24th Sep 2007, 08:17
Just thought I would bring it back to the top.

24th of the month, no rosters, again.........:ugh::ugh:

Yossarian
24th Sep 2007, 17:03
Airbus and Boeing rosters for Oct online when I checked 10 mins ago.

knowsup
25th Sep 2007, 22:13
At least you all have your rosters for October. Can't wait to get to EK. Waiting for my last schedule from GF. No where to be seen not even close to being published. Delays due to commercial changes? What commercial changes? EK Don't panic you are not the last in the region to get your rosters. There is a new leader in that field GF is it's name o':D

Heritage 1
23rd Mar 2010, 11:15
Is it my imagination or are the April rosters very late? Usually get them about the 20th if I remember correctly.:confused:

jumbo1
23rd Mar 2010, 11:54
Rosters are out - Boeing - not sure about Airbus

Jolly Foreigner
24th Mar 2010, 12:24
Heritage 1

Not late at all - FOM Ch4 p6. March has 31 days so anything before the 24th is a bonus.

:rolleyes:

Swansafa
22nd May 2011, 21:19
Where the hell are the rosters?????

Just for once, could the Chaps just stop meddling with it all, fiddling (or merely reserving the right to fiddle) until the very last, possible second and just publish the flipping things for us, for christ's sake? :ugh:

Rant out...

LHR Rain
23rd May 2011, 02:09
It wouldn't be EK if they didn't fiddle with things.

pool
23rd May 2011, 05:22
got mine on the 20th.

I always suspected you being a purser ....

CR9
24th Mar 2012, 07:23
An airline I worked at before had the same bidding system and rosters were out 24hrs after they "closed". So it's not so much the system but EK needing almost 2 WEEKS to mess with the results. It's absolutely absurd that an airline that makes and knows its schedules months in advance makes its crews wait as long as we do for schedules.

halas
24th Mar 2012, 08:33
You would have to been under a rock for the last month or so to not know why the rosters are late. :rolleyes:

Halas

Swan Man
24th Mar 2012, 09:28
Don't defend the company Halas. There is no excuse not to put out the rosters.
They know which 380's are out of service and for how long. They know which routes will be substituted.
We should have our rosters by know. Period

halas
25th Mar 2012, 02:42
No defence or being a dumbass, just know that they can't cope with the situation. Ops normal.

halas

offroad7
25th Mar 2012, 06:46
all done...

donpizmeov
21st Dec 2012, 10:58
Good news is that cabin crew have been able to see the flight deck on their flights for next month via their portal for a week now (grade dependent of course).

Hopefully we will get the same pleasure in the next few days.:ugh:

The Don

captainsmiffy
21st Dec 2012, 16:39
What'd you post THAT for...? Now that little loophole is going to disappear....nice one! Can you remove your post? There is always one person that wrecks it for everybody......

fliion
21st Dec 2012, 18:40
FFS Flyaway delete that post now...are you crazy.

fatbus
21st Dec 2012, 21:55
We should have a Forest Gump Award and FFS got the first, what were you thinking? Or should I re-phase that.

ruserious
23rd Dec 2012, 05:24
wrong board

glofish
24th Dec 2012, 03:01
Dear EK Topshots:

Please spare us with all your seasons greetings.
I will only be able to digest the dribble once I got my roster.

It's December 24th 8am and nothing ............ :ugh:

fatbus
24th Dec 2012, 07:23
They will come out at 2359 today! Then they can say it was out before the deadline.

Rhodes13
24th Dec 2012, 12:15
Anyone else getting a roster for Januruary 2012?

Spoke to crewing who said possibly wait till tomorrow, system problem! :ugh:

BigGeordie
24th Dec 2012, 12:46
The problem with the system is that there aren't enough pilots in it.

Oceanic
24th Dec 2012, 13:01
:D Rosters are out now.

harry the cod
24th Dec 2012, 17:00
Big Geordie

Your right. 105 hrs this month. WTF!

Harry :uhoh:

Outatowner
22nd Dec 2014, 01:14
Tis the season not to be true to your vile nature and for once in your lives publish the rosters early you ****ers!! Even a day or two won't kill you.

JAYTO
22nd Dec 2014, 03:36
That will work.............

CaptainChipotle
22nd Dec 2014, 22:35
Outta:

You are implying that they give a f*ck about us...

TwoTone-7
22nd Dec 2014, 23:38
I heard Ryanair publish well ahead of EK, perhaps a move to Europe?

Fugazi
23rd Dec 2014, 13:23
The G2's, and CSA's have had their rosters since yesterday. Purser's 5 days ago. SFS's and FG1's 4 days ago. We are so far down the food chain that it's actually quite funny. Happy Christmas to all!

GoreTex
23rd Dec 2014, 13:31
was told by a G2 3 days ago where I am flying in jan, she saw me in her roster, it was I nice flight, don't think it will be there after publication

falconeasydriver
23rd Dec 2014, 13:39
Remember the gold ole days when one could get a snapshot of your roster? Oh how I used to complain about that nasty Chennai turn....and how unfair it was, always called them on the 18th I did:E
Pillocks the lot of you that spoilt it for the rest...daft tw@ts...

Spoogie
23rd Dec 2014, 13:53
All I can say is " you guys missed a golden opportunity" Crew Sched gave you all a sneak peak and lots of guys missed it. Rosters were ready 3 days ago.:ugh:

145qrh
23rd Dec 2014, 14:02
Yip, someone slipped up. Was visible for most of the day.

Severe bollocking for someone ..

Spoogie
23rd Dec 2014, 14:12
Yes it was!! Definite tea and biscuits for that person but a big HIP HIP Hooray from us. :ok:

theidler
23rd Dec 2014, 14:14
Probably won't happen again after the last three posts.

Worst enemy etc... Thanks fellas.

Maxwell Thrust
23rd Dec 2014, 14:46
The impact is better if they wait to p*ss you off on Christmas Eve just to spread the festive cheer! :D

Swansafa
23rd Dec 2014, 23:19
No surprises yet again - last month, the rosters were held back until the death knock so the company could maximise their own flexibility until the last minute. Any (pilot) employee hoping to plan his holiday month had to wait as always. I remember when they were routinely out by the 20th/21st. I suppose we should be grateful they haven't adjusted the "seven clear days" rule to five or three although it probably isn't far away.

Ask not what the company can do for you but what you can do for the company. But it is never enough.

Spoogie
24th Dec 2014, 05:24
[Idler]

Don't act like they didn't know it was there. That method was clipped several months ago. They had no choice but to do it this month because they are trying to tweak the rosters before publication....."much to our dismay". Not even worth the reply!

Osprey55
24th Dec 2014, 10:40
Yup, there’s definitely tweaking going on. I’ve already had to acknowledge two Roster changes on a roster that isn’t even published yet! Must have been those two flights I’ve been trying for, for eons. Someone realized I might actually be pleased with my roster and immediately had to disrupt that! Can’t have any happy pilots, that just isn’t on.

TangoUniform
24th Dec 2014, 10:40
And here we are...the close of business, 7 days prior to the end of the month. If we did our job anywhere near the way others perform theirs, we would have smoking holes all over the place. And what recourse do we have? Not a damn thing. Absolute B.S. Anyone else getting sick and tired of this place?

motojet
24th Dec 2014, 10:47
Rosters are out, I think I would rather have not seen mine.

Noleave
24th Dec 2014, 10:53
Been sick of it for quite a while. I do get a fair bit of gratification though by blocking out anything, and I mean anything, related to EK when on my time off. I do my job professionally, I do not berate the company however I have lost all sense of loyalty.

TangoUniform
24th Dec 2014, 11:00
Guess they had to wait until all the cubicle dwellers left. Rosters have been posted. Glory be.

lfrk
24th Dec 2014, 11:06
380 one's still in the office....nothing yet!:ugh::ugh::ugh:

BigGeordie
24th Dec 2014, 11:10
Interestingly, my second month in a row with overtime. Could we possibly be short of crew do you think?:ugh:

fatbus
24th Dec 2014, 12:37
When was the last time rosters came out early? Why would now be any different?

Saltaire
24th Dec 2014, 13:55
95 hours with two "free days" of work - 9 days off. Are you kidding me??? :ugh::ugh:

Pointer
24th Dec 2014, 17:57
Third month in a row.. Manual build of my roster.. They give a rats @$$ about my bid..

Laker
24th Dec 2014, 21:44
How can you tell if your roster has been built manually?

SEAMASTER
24th Dec 2014, 23:11
I was in India last week and saw a women begging at the market so that she could feed her daughter and a man who had to move around on his hands for he was unable to use his dis-jointed legs. However late rosters !!!

Craggenmore
25th Dec 2014, 07:59
SEAMASTER.

How ironic..! The day before roster release I had a top bid night stop, morning flight, to my favourite destination and upon release it had changed to a night turn to BOM. If I see your friends I'll pass them your regards.

Another top bid destination also changed making my roster 40% different at roster release to the day before.