View Full Version : Cabin Crew Preparation

FlyingJ2K
24th Jan 2006, 05:34
Hi,

Just doing some research for my girlfriend. I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me the name or the website of the company, in Australia, who run the Cabin crew training course. The course involves basic skills, exam preparation and interview preparation.

Thank you very much

John

overhere
24th Jan 2006, 09:48
I think a company called "Results Centre" runs them.

Just FYI though, I was a cabin manager and recruiter for a major airline and can tell you that doing a course doesn't give someone any advantage over another candidate.

All it might do is give them some common sense advise about how to dress, behave and answer standard interview questions. Most of that can probably be found for free on the internet anyway.

But if it gives people the confidence to get their dream job then I guess it maybe what some people need.

Cheers,

FlyingJ2K
24th Jan 2006, 10:52
Thank you so much for the reply, that information was very useful. Another thing she found was a certificate 2 in cabin crew, would that have an advantage or just be a waste of $5000?

one final question she is 157cm is that going to be a problem? as i have heard that Qantas has a 163cm policy.

Thank you
John

sinala1
24th Jan 2006, 11:13
I would think the certificate 2 in cabin crew is a considerable waste of $5000 - I will happily pass on the information for 1/5 of that amount! :}

In all seriousness, I personally don't believe a person can be 'groomed' to become cabin crew - you are either the person for it or you are not - and depending on the life skills and experience your girlfriend has I am sure she will be just fine.

The height limit though can be an issue and I strongly recommend she researches that with each individual airline - if you are not tall enough to be able to reach overhead emergency equipment then you are highly unlikely to get past round 1 of recruitment...

Good luck to her! :ok:

FlyingJ2K
24th Jan 2006, 11:57
once again, thank you very much i will be passing all this information on and it all has helped alot in the way of what preperation she could do.

All the best and thank you very much

John

SkySista
24th Jan 2006, 12:55
Another company I believe is Apex cabin crew training in Queensland. However as Sinala says, be vary wary of putting down money (especially a LOT of money!!) on so-called 'training' courses, as most airlines like to train you 'their' way... all have their unique policies and procedures, as well as service delivery.

As for heights, don't get discouraged if she doesn't meet requirements for bigger airlines. Some smaller or regional airlines operate aircraft types with an UPPER height limit due to the cabin size... researching which ones have these fleets may help. Some airlines also go by 'arm reach' rather than discounting you on 'height'... Emirates for example is 212cm barefoot on tip-toe... so if she can reach that then she's ok for Emirates.

All I can say is do your research as thoroughly as you can... try to find people who work or have worked for the airlines, ask them about their jobs, call the recruitment offices and ask for application informatio, minimum criteria, etc etc. The StaffCV website lists quite a few Aus/NZ airlines and their minimum entry criteria.... (not sure if I'm allowed to link to it here, but a quick Google should do the trick)

And, good luck for your girlfriend!!! :ok:

Sky

PS - Any customer service/'people-person' type jobs/work/volunterring she has done should also be highlighted on her resume!!! It is what they want!!! =)