PDA

View Full Version : Bond recruiting

unhappyhamster
23rd Jan 2006, 21:42
Just saw a half page ad in FI for Bond air services. IR and 135 type included for suitable canditades - based all over UK for HEMS and police. 2000 hours TT min with 500 multi - seems like a pretty good deal to me !:ooh:

coning angel
23rd Jan 2006, 21:50
I heard that only 'real' men should apply. Rules you out Mr hamster! Just kidding you.
Not too many people with 500 hours multiple engine time would need that sort of job, or so my ex tells me. :)

SASless
23rd Jan 2006, 21:53
A UK HEMS job would be just the ticket.....somewhere near the Lake District or Yorkshire would do nicely.

unhappyhamster
23rd Jan 2006, 21:55
Hope you're not head of humour CA ! :)

SASless
23rd Jan 2006, 21:56
Bit too dry for you is it?

unhappyhamster
23rd Jan 2006, 21:58
You stepped on me there Sassy !

coning angel
23rd Jan 2006, 22:01
I also hear that they need offshore pilots. Is there any truth in the rumour that CHC can't employ anyone due to the fact that the simulator in Europe is too busy for the previously interviewed candidates?
I saw an ad last year and thought they were desperate? Obviously not.
and no, I don't work for the CAA, but funnily enough my ex now does.!!

MD900 Explorer
23rd Jan 2006, 22:25
What is the Bond Air Services web site, can't seem to find it anywhere? I know it's been banded around on Rotorheads before, but being slow today, can'tget the search facillity to work properly either..:ugh:

Regards

MD :ok:

Teefor Gage
23rd Jan 2006, 22:28
Try this link...........http://www.bondairservices.com/

MD900 Explorer
23rd Jan 2006, 22:37
Teefor Gage

Thanks buddy

MD :ok:

Darren999
24th Jan 2006, 02:45
Does anyone know any truth in the rumour that next year, once I believe EASA takes over licencing. They are going to bring all ICAO licences under 1 umbrella. I did hear that I would be able to convert an FAA ATPL to JAA equivilant. I work in the US and would like to return to UK to work. I was also lead to believe that the reason you can't do it now, is that America hasn't got a letter of agreement with the UK on this. Becuase the FAA have oral test prior to a flight test, and the UK doesn't this is where the problem lye's.... I think.
Anyone shed any light on this..
I know CHC except FAA Quailifications

Darren

What Limits
24th Jan 2006, 07:11
I think you will find that to convert any licence including UK ones to the JAA equivalent will involve taking a shed-load of exams and spending a sh1t-load of money. Sadly!

24th Jan 2006, 14:13
Not too many people with 500 hours multiple engine time would need that sort of job, or so my ex tells me. :)
So if I had 500 hours multi (and the rest!) why wouldn't I need that sort of job? And what sort of job would I need?
Maybe your ex and I could discuss it over dinner...:}

DeltaNg
24th Jan 2006, 18:57
cos you'd be earning a shed on the north sea..

coning angel
24th Jan 2006, 20:13
5.0, My ex husband probably wouldn't want to have dinner with you. He's Straight, unless you are female of course, in which case it wouldn't surprise me if he already has!:E
I think DeltaNG has understood my point. As i'm led to believe, someone with those sort of qualifications would be very employable, especially if they were accompanied by an Instrument Rating. They'd probably already have a nice job?

Helipolarbear
24th Jan 2006, 20:48
Heard a rumour of a Police 109 job going with the Heddlu or Welsh Cops down in Cardiff.....SASLESS......it's not Yorkshire.....but just think of all the free Rugby games you get to see!!!:)

paco
25th Jan 2006, 01:42
Darren999

I don't see how EASA, which is European, are going to bring all ICAO licences under one umbrella, unless you mean that they are going to accept all ICAO licences as a basis for some exemptions?

I have heard sniffs of such things, but nothing concrete yet

Phil

Bravo73
25th Jan 2006, 08:06
Heard a rumour of a Police 109 job going with the Heddlu or Welsh Cops down in Cardiff.....SASLESS......it's not Yorkshire.....but just think of all the free Rugby games you get to see!!!:)

HPB,

Not so much a rumour, it's also advertised in Flight International!

Dyfed Powys Police (http://www.flightinternational.com/Jobs/2006/01/24/1451269/Pilot.html)

(They are also looking for a CP).

Best of luck with your application! ;)

Helinut
25th Jan 2006, 20:29
Paco,
There is a sort of tentative proposal out from the EU/EASA to extend their covergae to include personnel licensing. The CAA drew attention to it in a recent FODCOM (02/06).
http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=33&pagetype=65&applicationid=11&mode=detail&id=2125
There is a link there to the UK government requests for comment.
I did not yet get a chance to read the detail. However, the circulation list did not seem to include all sorts of significant bodies like the BHAB. They couldn't be trying to get it in under the radar could they. :hmm:

i4iq
25th Jan 2006, 23:33
Link doesn't seem to be working - not for me anyway...

(Edit:) Strike that - it does now on 3rd attempt!

Thud_and_Blunder
26th Jan 2006, 05:02
Hamster, thankyou for the heads-up on this. I'm delighted to see that the Bond online form - which I've tried from 4 different computers in the past - now actually submits when you press the button! Much appreciated.

fudpucker
26th Jan 2006, 08:42
A prompt acknowledgement to the application. Anybody any thoughts on what they're like to work for?

El Viejo
26th Jan 2006, 09:04
Any idea, anyone?

unhappyhamster
26th Jan 2006, 09:17
My dealings with Bond lead me to believe they're strangely in it for the pilots. Good people seem to come before everything else....but what do I know ?:uhoh:

BobbyBolkow
26th Jan 2006, 11:24
Unhappyhampster,
Right enough, good people are valued. Good 'family' feel to the company who do look after thier drivers. Managemant are approachable. salary not tops but flying (especially HEMS) is GR8.
If you really want shedloadsa dosh try the North Sea my son!
:ok: Does anybody know how to fly this thing?

stas-fan
26th Jan 2006, 21:20
Sorry to clear the rose coloured mist from your eyes but what is the salary on offer? Either for the Welsh job or the Bond one?

Does it assumne applicant has a pension or is it a real wage this time?