PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Asia/ Orange Star contact needed

Flying Mechanic
22nd Jan 2006, 10:42
Hi there ,
Does anyone have the contatc e-mail address for Pilot employment with these guys?any help would be great!
Cheers FM

DEE-DUCK
23rd Jan 2006, 08:53
Don't go there!!!!

It's fairly well known that the existence of Jetstar Asia is limited.
They’re arrogant and racist…

There are heaps better options.

By the way it’s not a ticket back to Jetstar in Australia either.

BlueEagle
23rd Jan 2006, 10:11
If you are going to accuse an organisation of being 'racist', (The single most abused word in the English language, from what I can see), then you had better come up with some good, hard evidence otherwise your post gets deleted, you have twenty four hours starting now. Regards, BE.

Ndicho Moja
23rd Jan 2006, 12:26
BlueEagle, thank you.
The comment about being racist by DEE DUCK is out of order...unless of course DEE DUCK would like to share a few facts and experiences. Oh, DUCK, by the way..tick, tick,tick.

DEE-DUCK
23rd Jan 2006, 17:48
Don't go there!!!!
It's fairly well known that the existence of Jetstar Asia is limited.
They’re arrogant and have a preference for pilots of their own nationality…
Thats why there are only about 5 pilots out 90 who are Singaporean, not bad considering it's a majority owned by Singaporeans.
There are heaps better options.
By the way it’s not a ticket back to Jetstar in Australia either.
..........HAPPY NOW?

Flying Mechanic
23rd Jan 2006, 21:05
No plans to head down to Oz at all.
Does anyone have the contact address?
I have had 3 flying jobs on 3 continents and always been a foreigner and never had a problem with other nationalities.

International Trader
25th Jan 2006, 11:56
A friend who is there laughed at the "Racist" bit but, doesn't know if there are any vacancies.
He suggested you try: [email protected]
I am told there are half a dozen nationalities there
and the majority are happy with lots of flying at present.
Always one or two who will always be unhappy and want the world. I have them where I work.

Have heard on the grape vine that a couple of Aussies have left, one cause she couldn't make the grade. Maybe the angry one is one of them.

fender
25th Jan 2006, 15:09
I think you may be right international dude.

Watchdog
25th Jan 2006, 21:22
Actually, when VF merged with 3K, the MAJORITY of the VF pilots left! I'm talking 75% in both ranks. Most went to Tiger, some to the M/E.

There's got to be something in that! Perhaps it's a lack of confidence in future viability?

Good luck to the 'stayers'.... other than all the DIY stuff, it's a good Operation.

Dani
26th Jan 2006, 19:06
The reason why they left is the way the Valuair guys were treated. Two Capt of VF were downgraded. Pay was roughly 50% of VF pay (because not flying a lot).

No local pilots doesn't mean they have to be racists. Tiger doesn't even have one single local pilot. Surely nobody calles Tiger a racist airline, it's owned by Singapore! And 3K is NOT mainly owned by Singaporians. It belongs to Qantas with a small share of Temasek (Singapore's investment company, which is pretty normal for foreign investment vehicles here).

If you want to go to 3K (Jetstar Asia), this is not a bad move at all. Just try to understand that it's NOT Jetstar Australia and that it's not Qantas (I'm talking mainly about your future and your seniority number). If you have the rating already there might be still a few other places...

Dani

International Trader
27th Jan 2006, 00:59
From what I hear from friends in Australia, Jetstar Asia is a much better financial move.
Jetstar (Aust) pay is very low for a high workload.
Only company that pays less for 320s is Air Asia. Now that is really low pay.
At least they will pay for training, I hope.

El Oso
28th Jan 2006, 23:28
Wee update - I understand Tiger recently hired a local, ex Valuair. And has many many nationalities amongst its pilot ranks (French, Swiss, German, Austrian, Belgian, Indonesian, Philipino, Irish, OZ, UK, South African, Danish, Swedish, Polish, Serbian, Algerian, Argentinian, Peruvian, etc - you name it!).

Also has the strongest local shareholder backing and is expanding and recruiting... ;)

Perhaps worth more of your employment efforts than Jetstar / Orangestar?

:D

QNH1013
29th Jan 2006, 05:21
Why are 2 Jetstar Asia Captains leaving to join Air Asia?

boebus
30th Jan 2006, 16:54
Jetstar and Valuair?

DEE-DUCK - I can't agree - They are not Racist.

I'm one of your fellow Valuair pilots and have made the move. Yes - they work us harder and for less than we got paid but at least there is structure there. We now finally have 'real' SOP's!

It was a great company, great crew and a relaxed style! I have been welcomed by all the Jetstar guys and I'm glad I'm hear instead of Tiger!

Yes - they are mostly ex Ansett guys (you know D.D) but there is a great number of other guys including a number of Singaporean pilots. First ever female Singaporean Captain here! One of the TRE/I's is a Singaporean. They have a Singaporean cadet just about to start her line training! You also know that quite a few of our guys (Singaporeans, Dutch, Russian/Canaian, Mexican, Filipino, Arentinian, Irish, Taiwanese, Jamacian and Eastern Block) have joined Jetstar - so they can't be RACIST!

You and your friend (the other Captain) have decided to leave Jet Stat Asia to go to Air Asia - so please don't have a go at us who are happy to have made the move. Good luck to you and your friend - I hope it works out for both of you. They are a new A320 operator, but I want to stay here in Singapore.

The pay is not as good, but the security and professionalism is at Jetstar Asia!

I enjoyed working in the same company as you D.D. - good luck to you but don't have sour grapes towards Jetstar Asia!

Boebus

airbusboeingairbus
6th Feb 2006, 04:57
QNH1013,

the two pilots that joined air asia are a couple team.both were captain on the A320.after the buyover of valuair by jetstarasia,all tech crew have to do a refresher course which includes the sop,sep,crm and some sim trainings plus a base check to comply with some regulatory requirements.

the wife came along to join jetstarasia and unfortunately she failed her base check and was demoted to first officer position.for some reason,the husband retreated his employment offer with a main cargo airlines based in shanghai, negotiated a deal with air asia for both husband and wife to join air asia as captains.

hope that answered your question.

cheers

St. Giles
4th Mar 2006, 03:12
Hello,

Can anyone please let me know the min. requirement of joining Jet star Asia as entry F/O? I couldn't locate such information on its web site.

Thank you

macanmacan
9th Mar 2006, 09:01
i just apply . email is [email protected].
have 320 rating ,1500 hours
any know if any nazional ok?
need pilot f/o ?
have number for fone

MONK
9th Mar 2006, 13:12
Hey DEE DUCK......

How many singaporean (or Asian for that matter) pilots does Qantas have?....or Jetstar Australia?....not many.....I guess from your argument that makes Qantas/Jetstar Australia racist.....as they have preference for pilots of their own nationality.....:}

The Bunglerat
12th Mar 2006, 00:07
Can any J*Asia drivers shed light on whether the company has/will consider applications from someone with no previous jet time? I see mention of the 'cadet' word elsewhere, so I'm thinking that if someone with only 300hrs can complete an A320 type rating without too much grief, surely an ATPL with 3300hrs+ (incl. nearly 1000hrs multi) and experience as a MCC/LOFT Instructor might be in contention... Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

papee
12th Mar 2006, 10:58
Hi.
Well, I've been reading the posts here and I just have 3 questions for my esteemed PPRUNErs, so here goes:
1) I've heard that JSA take in Second Officers up to Captains.
a) What is the time to upgrade for each rank, i.e. how long does it take for someone to get from SO to FO and FO to Capt?
b) Do you know if the timeframe is in the contract, i.e. for example, you have to be a SO for 3yrs or an FO for 7yrs, before you're considered for promotion?
2) What does an average SO, FO and Capt take home in salary in a month?
3) How many hours does a JSA pilot fly on average in a month?
Thanks for your time and technically there are 4 questions. :-) Look forward to some replies. Private messages are also welcome.
Papee

lowprofilepilot
15th Mar 2006, 08:11
[email protected]

The chief pilots address.....

:eek: