View Full Version : Blackwater Helicopter Crash in Iraq

SASless
22nd Jan 2006, 00:17
A civilian employee of Dyncorp was killed in the crash of a Blackwater helicopter in Iraq. The employee was a Charleston, South Carolina City Police Officer working for Dyncorp while on a leave of absence. Dyncorp has the Police Operations contract in Afghanistan and Iraq.

No other information was reported about the crash.

7balja01
22nd Jan 2006, 00:35
Im sorry to here this.
jacob.:ugh:

hotzenplotz
22nd Jan 2006, 16:50
Im sorry to here this.
jacob.:{

Contractor or not,
nobody needs your stupid comments when people are dying! :*

SASless
22nd Jan 2006, 17:55
....and yer point is?

7balja01
22nd Jan 2006, 22:03
hotzenplotz,

have you read iraq gigs yet?

jacob.:bored:

Letsby Avenue
22nd Jan 2006, 22:15
Hotzenplotz - I can only assume you object to dodgy spelling:confused:

BigMike
22nd Jan 2006, 23:39
Letsby Avenue, I think you will find hotzenplotz objects to a 15 year old school boy from Australia, commenting on things he knows nothing about.

Nothing wrong with being keen and asking questions, but you seem to have a bit of an attitude Jacob. You recently gave advice to someone seeking employment in an industry you have never worked in, and when you post a comment like this:
"No i haven't approached any companies as a hangar rat. i don't see why i should crawl in the dust for a multi-million dollar corporation just to get my license - which i'll probably have to pay off through cheap labour in the next decade after"
Welcome to the real world Jacob. You get nothing for nothing believe me.

My advice to you, is to ask questions and listen to what some of the folks on this site say. There are a lot of VERY experienced pilots from all parts of the industry who post here, and you can learn a lot from them about this industry if flying is the career you want. Most people have worked bloody hard no matter what route they took to become a pilot, and to get that first job.
I suggest you search for the "employment in Australia" thread, and read it all the way through. You may then get an idea of what's in front of you.

BM

( .Y. ) ILOVECUBA
23rd Jan 2006, 01:43
hallo!

doesnt this forum tell about helicopeter. why so much gossiping?

i hope i am persona grata!:p

alcazar.

Shlaaper
23rd Jan 2006, 02:08
BigMike, the 'Big' part of your handle defineatly doesn't refer to your IQ now does it!
Yes, in this industry 'you don't get nuffin for nuffin', but you don't have to start in the coal mines either, unless of course you have no idea.
If you can handle a machine, have an intellect higher than your average house brick and a personality that won't put your co-pilot to sleep, you might find yourself in the seat of something that runs on kero and can lift more than couple of butts and a packed lunch!
I don't know what real world you live in but if you want grovel around with the cockroaches of the industry, be my guest..

( .Y. ) ILOVECUBA
23rd Jan 2006, 02:24
lets talk about blackwater copter crashing in iraq, what info do we have?

:}

BigMike
23rd Jan 2006, 05:24
Shlaaper, nope, no groveling with cockroaches, but I have worked with a few. You have a PM.

( .Y. ) ILOVECUBA
23rd Jan 2006, 06:34
shlaaper is correcto!

Lunar
23rd Jan 2006, 09:13
Ilovecuba,

Your profile makes no sense...

Biography:
16 year old,homophobic can't stand them! but there is a lots of jugs in caribiean!!
Havana, Cuba> good chichs, better bier ...cerveja!
Interests:
helicopeter...fun.fun.fun
flying the havana mafia

You are 16 and you fly the Havana mafia? Obviously they must be hiring the best people for their money.

I thought this was a professional pilots forum. I have no problem with people like Jacob giving their opinion but this goulish interest that ilovecuba has about this crash sickens me as a professional pilot. If I plough in some day are people like this going to be picking over my crash online? Sad/Sick b@$*ards.

Lunar

SASless
23rd Jan 2006, 17:56
Don't worry about me Davie....you posted a political comment....explain the point you were trying to make. I reported news of a fatal crash by an air taxi operator and a couple of you here tried to turn it into a political discussion.

Politics is not a banned topic in rotorheads as I understand it. The mixing of politics and the report of a crash did seem a bit out of place as was noted by several follow-ups.

As I posted in response to your contribution...."yer point is?"

Dave_Jackson
23rd Jan 2006, 20:32
Off topic posts removed by author out of respect for the friends and relatives of the pilot and the correctness of MD 900 Explorers following comments.

MD900 Explorer
23rd Jan 2006, 21:11
It seems to me a few people have lost the plot and gone on a major tangent. Sasless started the thread about a crash. 7balja01 was trying to show some empathy to the situation (albeit some spelling issues), but none the less, empathy. Then political, personal jabs have been made by a few of the thread contributors.

BigeMike has been trying to difuse the situation and MrSelfish and I assume the rest of PPRuNe want to hear what actually is going on with ref. to this chopper crash :(

What drugs Dave_Jackson has taken, is beyond me, but call me thick..

"You're Thick"

I have no comprehension as to what WWW Wrestling has to do with a poor fella in Iraq who crashed his helicopter, and more to the point what relevance it has to do on a crash thread. Don't forget, the relatives of that killed pilot may be reading PPRuNe, and i wouldn't blame them for thinking that this community has lost it, when it comes to the compassion of our fellow colleagues, wherever in the world they may be :ouch:

My condolencies go out to the familly of the killed pilot.

I call upon the professionalism of the more decent of you out there to get this thread back on track.

Regards

MD :mad:

S92mech
24th Jan 2006, 13:09
Is there anymore info on this? I've seached the web and all I can find is a crash that happened April 2005. I know of a few police officers from my state working for a security company in Iraq, don't know what company though.

Dave_Jackson
24th Jan 2006, 19:59
SASless Would you please elaborate on your non-political thread.

MD900 Explorer Perhaps you can elaborate, since you are the only person to know that it was the pilot who was killed.

Again, I apologize for assuming that the death was that of some gunslinger sitting in the passenger seat.

MD900 Explorer
25th Jan 2006, 01:36
Dave

What the hell is it with your agenda.. you are clearly a clever man and play with words....whatever pulls your chain.. you are never going to make me bite.... but it think it is oh so ever PATHETIC to be pulling a stunt like this on a crash thread. :mad: :mad:

I have read many of your prevoius threads and what you are doing is both dis-respectful to the pilot that died, but shows you have no respect for the profession!!

Why you want to be gung ho and show everyone, that you MUST be a loser,i don't understand ?

Seems like you cannot read.. IT was stated in Sasless's thread that the pilot died.

A civilian employee of Dyncorp was killed in the crash of a Blackwater helicopter in Iraq

Why don't you let it go...? :yuk:

If you want a personal beef, then PM me,and do not insult this thread with your lack of respect. No wonder Sasless is not biting either. Because you are acting like an arse sir :yuk: :yuk:

Mods intervention would be nice here

MD :yuk:

Dave_Jackson
25th Jan 2006, 04:11
MD900 Explorer

SASless is well qualified to speak for himself, and he does it quite well. :)

However, you have just stated;
Seems like you cannot read. IT was stated in Sasless's thread that the pilot died.
Quote:
"A civilian employee of Dyncorp was killed in the crash of a Blackwater helicopter in Iraq"
SASless did not state that the pilot died. Dyncorp is recruiting CIVPOL (formerly the International Police Program) for Iraq. They do mention helicopter maintenance personnel, but not for Iraq.

I humbly suggest that you spent a little more time ingesting facts and a little less time disgorging personal insults.

octavo
25th Jan 2006, 10:38
SASless did not state that the pilot died. Dyncorp is recruiting CIVPOL (formerly the International Police Program) for Iraq. They do mention helicopter maintenance personnel, but not for Iraq.
Are you saying that the death of a policeman is somehow less important than the death of a pilot?

Heliport
25th Jan 2006, 11:10
SASless didn't say the Dyncorps employee was a pilot.

According to Associated Press reports, 26 Dyncorps International employees have been killed in Iraq since the war began in 2003. Three died last week. “Dyncorp officials said they couldn't answer detailed questions about their operations because the company is about to go public.”

Dyncorps seems to be the third biggest single beneficiary of US government contracts in Iraq.
Halliburton is the biggest. There have been some adverse comments about the link between Halliburton and Vice-President Cheney. (Putting both names in Google produces some interesting reading.)
British companies account for nearly half of the dozen or so private firms in Iraq. The biggest British player is Global Risk International which allegedly supplies hired Gurkhas, Fijian paramilitaries and ex-SAS veterans.

There have been previous discussions about whether the loss of people who choose to go to war zones on contracts (whether pilots or non-pilots) does/should generate the same amount of sympathy as the loss of those who live there or are sent there as servicemen/women. The issue seems to generate strong views both ways, here and elsewhere.

If you are going to discuss it - please do so in a non-inflammatory way and with respect for other people’s opinions even if you disagree with them.

Heliport

(Edited)

Ocatavo
No-one has said 'the death of a policeman is somehow less important than the death of a pilot'.
This is (predominantly) a professional pilots forum so surely it's understandable that the death of a pilot is likely to generate a differerent reaction from the death of a non-pilot? I've never read a police forum, but wouldn't be surprised if the death of a professional pilot generates little or no reaction there.

Thomas coupling
25th Jan 2006, 11:44
This guy went in with his eyes and purse wide open. He knew the stakes.

I'm sure he wouldn't want any sympathy from the rest of us...............

There'll be others, no doubt.

TheMonk
25th Jan 2006, 17:12
Anyone got links?

Teefor Gage
25th Jan 2006, 18:24
The most recent article I came up with is in this link:

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/news/nation/13659446.htm

S92mech
25th Jan 2006, 19:07
I found this press release on Dyncorp's web site.

Irving, TX – January 9, 2006 – Two DynCorp International police liaison officers were among those killed when the U.S. Army Black Hawk helicopter they were in crashed in Iraq on January 7.

Arsenio Domingo, 40, and Robert Timmann, 49, were returning from leave in the United States to their camps in the Mosul region when the crash occurred Saturday in northern Iraq, killing all 12 aboard.

Domingo, of North Charleston, SC, joined DI as an international police liaison officer in August. He had worked as a Charleston Police Department law enforcement officer since 1991, and was a veteran of the U.S. Army and Army Reserves. He is survived by his wife.

Timmann, of Tallahassee, FL, also became an international police liaison officer in August. Previously, he worked as a law enforcement officer in Florida until 1999, when he became an investigator for a private company. He is survived by his wife, a daughter, and a son.

The men were assigned to the Civilian Police Advisory Training Team (CPATT), the component of the U.S. military Multinational Security Transition Command – Iraq (MNSTC-I) responsible for the U.S.-led effort to train and equip the 135,000-member Iraqi police service. DynCorp International recruits, trains, equips and supports the 500-member U.S. contingent of trainers through a contract with the U.S. Department of State.

“We are deeply saddened by the deaths of these two fine officers, who were doing the vital work of training a new generation of professional police in Iraq,” said CEO Stephen J. Cannon.

DynCorp International is a professional services and project-management company serving governments, corporations, and international organizations worldwide. Headquartered in Irving, Texas, it has more than 14,000 employees in some 35 countries. It had revenues of nearly $2 billion in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2005.

TheMonk
26th Jan 2006, 02:14
Thank you both TG and S92Mech... I have a couple of friends that worked for both Dyncorp and Blackwater (operators) in Iraq. One is in Hawaii now the other in Afkanistan. The one in Hawaii lost two buddies, died in his arms he said.

Da Monk

Dave_Jackson
26th Jan 2006, 06:41
octavo,Are you saying that the death of a policeman is somehow less important than the death of a pilot?The loss of any human life is unfortunate, irrespective of their profession, sex, race, religion or political bias.

As we know, hundreds of billions of dollars are being spent on the war in Iraq to save thousands of American lives, from terrorists.

What confuses me, is that the Iraqis never had any intention to kill Americans. As I see it, if those hundreds of billions of dollars were being spent on medical research there is a good likelihood that it would save millions of American lives, from cancer.

But what do I know. Perhaps the NeoCon's objective has nothing to do with protecting the lives of Mr. and Mrs. Average America. :confused:

Heliport
26th Jan 2006, 08:38
Dave

Whether or not there should have been a war on Iraq is a separate issue.

Heliport