PDA

View Full Version : Air Sahara or Jet Airways contract

cognomultani
21st Jan 2006, 15:55
Hi guys ,

I will leave for India as B 737 Capt. with air Sahara contract next week .I was wondering as the contracts are
different (Jet is better),by which contract the people working in Air Sahara will be paid ?

Any body can help me.....

thaks,see you there....

ATIS
21st Jan 2006, 16:30
I think you better contact your agency before you get on the plane to sunny India, cos Jet Airways have in the last couple of days just swallowed up Air Sahara. So it seems that Jet are your new employers. Just check that they still want you.

coco-nuts
22nd Jan 2006, 05:53
cogno, might be a valid point there from the Atis. However we here have all been told we are retained. Amongst the reasons for Jet buying Sahara is because of its pilot pool.

cheers
coco

Darkjet
22nd Jan 2006, 11:07
Hi Coco-nuts

As long as I understood that you're already down there , you might know how much time , it approximately takes , after sending the "security form clearance" to Jet Airways , to recieve an assesment date for deck position on the 737 ?? Thanks in advance for the information .

Cheers ,

Darkjet

coco-nuts
23rd Jan 2006, 06:26
Hi DJ, well i also filled out the security forms long before i got to India, but this is the real story.... nothing is done until you actually do the DGCA interview......to give you an example of this ..i did my DGCA interview nearly two weeks ago and to date no Security clearance. Some of the airlines i believe are getting away with this by fudging the system. Air Sahara also did this but no longer since the over run. Patience again. The record here in Air Sahara is 42 days from arrivel to flying on the line. A mate and i are fast approching this figure. I am still getting paid and it really does break ones heart to not be productive to a company that is honouring its obligation, but alas nothing can be done until the DGCA is done with the paperwork.
hope this helps some

cheers
coco

coco-nuts
23rd Jan 2006, 11:35
one more to add darkjet to add to my answer. when my mate and i did our DGCA interview we had been through 10 days of operations manual, operations circulars etc etc and were well prepared for the interview. there was also 3 pilots from Jet who had been in Delhi for 3 days and were already doing their interview. my mate and i were really well prepared and had no problems. the boys from Jet came out really freaked out due to not having much time to study etc etc. they couldnt even answer some questions.
go figure.

cheers
coco

Darkjet
23rd Jan 2006, 12:11
Hi Coco-nuts ,

Thanks a lot for all this feedback . I might give them a call this week and see what they tell me . Thanks again and I hope that you don't have to wait too much till you start flying .
PS: Do you have a family and if yes do you plan on bringing them over? And again if yes , what kind of international schools can one find in Mumbai ? Are they very expensive ? I myself have a 6 years old child .
Thanks again ,
Cheers ,

Darkjet

GlueBall
23rd Jan 2006, 13:20
One thing that you can find at Mumbai, or practically anywhere else in India is abject poverty. You may be cocooned in plush, air conditioned environs, feasting on imported Australian beef and fine wine, but your lofty sensitivities may easily become upset by such surreal poverty.

coco-nuts
23rd Jan 2006, 14:31
Glueball, quite correct. India is a land of extremes. For those of you who are coming to work here, you will live in 5 star hotels and be pampered for the duration. Walk outside of the hotel and in no time you will see the poverty. For those of you who have lived in Manila or the other asian countries then this will not be such and eye opener. However for those from the western countries for whom India is a first time then be aware that one can see things that will wrench your hearts. Everytime i see such poverty i really wonder why most people complain about their lot in life.
Most of you will be offered two options 1. the 5 star hotel and 2, the apartment. The choice is yours. Please read and study as much of India as is possible so you wont get a shock when you get here. I must admit that i am not shocked at all and i am fairly okay with most things, but then i come from a third world nation anyway.

cheers
coco