PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on how to get an airport based job.

ChocksAwayUK
21st Jan 2006, 07:47
Not sure if there's a better forum to post this in.. eds please move if necessary.

Have recently got fATPL and am now looking for ways to break into the aviation world and do a bit of networking and make some contacts. Thought a good start would be getting an aviation based job. So the usual stuff springs to mind.. baggage handler, dispatcher etc.

Was just wondering if there are any specific agencies for this kind of thing.. who do you approach to get an airport job. Also, any recommendations as to which jobs might give maximum networking opportunities (pref with those with hiring influence!). All advice gratefully recieved.

Also, i can only realistically commute to Heathrow from where i live at the mo' if that's any bearing. Would also be interested in non-airport aviation jobs in London.

Captain_Scooby
21st Jan 2006, 11:37
Take a look at aviationjobsearch.com

Alternatively, take a batch of CV's to Heathrow Terminal 2, up the stairs from the main shopping area, there's a big grey swing-door on your left. In the corridor's behind are the offices for places like Aviation Resource (who are currently looking for ramp agents, I believe), Servisair, etc. So start knocking on doors - the response might not be great, but I got an interview out of it.

ChocksAwayUK
21st Jan 2006, 13:14
Good stuff... thanks scooby.

GK430
23rd Jan 2006, 10:09
Take a look at www.bhx.co.uk

Operations there are looking to fill two posts.(might be a drawn out process!)