PDA

View Full Version : African International

Treetopflyer
20th Jan 2006, 19:49
Hi yall

Does anybody have more details on African International Airlines? I'm already a freight dog on turboprops, and I would like to apply with them. I could not figure out from their website if their main base is the UK or South Africa. Also, if you guys had names/contacts in-house it would be great.

Cheers.

-- TTF.

freightdoggy dog
20th Jan 2006, 20:27
Does Chris S still work for them still as the worlds greatest moaning LM!

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
20th Jan 2006, 20:55
As I understand it, main base is in South Africa, but they also sell the aircraft through Intavia in the UK.

Seem a decent lot in my experience.

Treetopflyer
20th Jan 2006, 21:00
Right, AWR, this is the impression I got. So their drivers are all South African, you think?:confused:

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
21st Jan 2006, 00:03
That I could not tell you.
Only ever spoken to Sales and Ops, not the crew I'm afraid.

Muppet Leader
22nd Jan 2006, 16:39
Three DC8s based in the north and two south.
Northern crews consist of many European nationalities, British, French, Swiss etc. However the southern crews are mostly from SA and Zim.

dionysius
23rd Jan 2006, 08:38
Freight doggy dog, LM in question now head honcho at Avient.

AIA has 3 DC8-62's based in OST/MSE and 2 DC8-54's based in JNB.
Northern crews mainly Brit/French/Swiss with a few other nationalities thrown in.
Southern crews primarily Zim/SA.

All recruiting done by Intavia in UK. Contact details on website:

www.aiaflycargo.com

;)

itsinthebox
27th Jan 2006, 19:40
Ahhh Freight Doggy (it shud b dodgy) Dog! Hows that job behind AS (i mean the desk) going? I guess the kgs will start building on yr frame! Shame you didnt get yr cards like the the unfortunate other EXS guys, just goes to show what you can do if your put yr tongue (i mean nose) up the right places!

Brgds

Daede1
30th Jan 2006, 20:00
v good company to work for - i did some work for them at STN a couple of years ago.
PM me if you want emails / contacts.

oligoe
7th Feb 2006, 09:25
Hello All,

Just talked to one of their crews. Base for European crews is Gatwick, positioning paid from everywhere in Europe.
No roster, always on standby and paid by hours.
No crew recruitment at the moment.
Hope this helps,

og

downtwogreen
11th Feb 2006, 19:51
Well, if you are ready for serious boot licking...this is the correct job for you, otherwise the work is OK but the salary is lousy, unless you are always on the road. (To be always on the road, see under boot licking). Not bad for a first job, but unfortunately you will need to be or invited by someone or have some good experience to start with. How to get invited? (take a guess) If you are desperate for the job, hang out in OST at the Ter Streep Bar, do some ..."socializing", and repeat if necessary. Same applies for the african based group but you'll have to hang out preferrably in South Africa. Another good idea would be to show up at in the Gatwick office and make a performance there. Flyingwise the bunch makes a good impression and their office organisation is very good, with pay always on time.

doubleu-anker
12th Feb 2006, 12:06
Does one have to "bend over?"

Coleman Myers
13th Feb 2006, 14:48
Uncle Bernard and Allan are a fine pair to work for. Its not for the faint hearted though ...

ALLDAYDELI
13th Feb 2006, 15:27
watch it, you'll end up getting brianwashed and end up talking like them. They all seem to speak the same in that office / same posh accent and lingo.