PDA

View Full Version : PPL within modular

Happy Wanderer
20th Jan 2006, 17:00
Hi guys,

A general question for those who did (or are doing) a modular course. Where (and how) did you do your PPL?

I've recently started out on the long modular journey. Initially toyed with the idea of chucking £££s at a full-blown integrated course, but given my age (40+), risk aversion, likely future job prospects, family commitments etc etc - not to mention some good advice here on PPRuNe - decided to find a day job, start the PPL and build from there.

I stated my PPL back in early November, planning to do min 2 lessons per week, but as of today (and yet another cancelled lesson) have amassed only 6 hours. Looking back in the diary, at least 70% of these have been cancelled or rescheduled - the weather (understandable I guess given the time of year), instructor availability (most seem to have day jobs) and other factors (eg essential airfield maintenance) have all played a part in slowing things down.

I'm almost at the stage of jacking it in and packing my bags for the States or possibly Spain, something I vowed I would never do given the sometimes indifferent feedback from those who have either done or considered learning abroad.

Any wise tips out there, or is it a case of just grin and bear it - the weather will improve in . . . . ?

Cheers,

HW

Happy Wanderer
20th Jan 2006, 17:06
Scroggs - if this should have been posted on the Professional Flying Training forum, I apologise. Given it has career aspirations underpinning it, I didn't think it fitted on the Private Flying forum.

HW

Dirty Harry 76
20th Jan 2006, 17:34
www.airdesertpacific.com = Enjoy LA, Las Vegas, Palm Springs, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Pheonix AZ = all via PA28 in busy Southern Cal Airspace, great experiance!