PDA

View Full Version : Fire "Spotter" over Helderberg Area, Cape ?

Gunship
20th Jan 2006, 07:09
The whole of yesterday afternoon a Orange coloured "spotter" plane flew over our area.

Big radial in the front and very slow flying leaving a trail of smoke himself (which makes me believe it is Russian :E )

Anybody got more info on the make / model please ?

Cheers,

Gunsss

PS: Thanks for the fire-fighters for all their hard work (again) :ok:

sky waiter
20th Jan 2006, 07:32
Gunss

is it not some sort of AG aircraft based at FASH? Know the working on fire team operate out of there so if you in the area maybe ask Gunns junior or some one to go have a look? Remember seeing a yellow one doing it around CPT a while ago? (No not the chopper i know the difference) :} :}

Gunship
20th Jan 2006, 07:35
Lo Mate,

Yeah he headed toward Stellies .. wifey says I am wrong it was yellow.

Low wing and fixed undercart - must admit I was between trees everytime and uhmm yes a tad bit of tassies could have it's effects :p

Cheers,

Gunsss

Solid Rust Twotter
20th Jan 2006, 08:14
Could be a PZL Dromader.

Not many Snow or Thrush left in SA. I did hear of a SuperThrush but I think the donkey blew up and it smacked into the klip.

Gunship
20th Jan 2006, 11:02
Could be a PZL Dromader.
Not many Snow or Thrush left in SA. I did hear of a SuperThrush but I think the donkey blew up and it smacked into the klip.

Tx mate

Nothing today (fire is out) so I will go and have a look at FASH.

Cheers

Gunss

Only
20th Jan 2006, 14:46
In the Cape they only use the Dromaders for Bombing and C182 for Spotter a/c and everyone know the the Mil8 and the Kamov helicopters also used. In Natal we used alot of Turbo Thrushes of Orsmond I think they are selling two but I am not sure about it.

Gunship
20th Jan 2006, 15:36
In the Cape they only use the Dromaders for Bombing and C182 for Spotter a/c and everyone know the the Mil8 and the Kamov helicopters also used. In Natal we used alot of Turbo Thrushes of Orsmond I think they are selling two but I am not sure about it.

Then it must be a Dromaders ?

I did not see any sprayers underneath of it but maybe that explains the trail of "smoke" .

Just did not look like the normal crop sprayer types though.

Cheers

Gunss