PDA

View Full Version : SO transition to cargo FO

spongebob_pilot
19th Jan 2006, 21:36
I am thinking about applying with Cathay and was hoping someone could fill me in on some information. I believe that I can only qualify for a second officer position and I am aware that I would be required to live in Hong Kong; however, I was curious on possibly transfering to the cargo fleet after I join (if I can pass the interviews). Is this an option for the second officers after a period of time? If so, after the transition to the cargo fleet as a first officer, do you begin to accrue seniority toward the pax fleet? Is this a typical move that people make? I was also curious if the people that join as DEFO on the cargo fleet, do the majority stay flying cargo until they are able to hold a pax fleet FO position in their home country or do a majority move to Hong Kong? Last question is whether many SO's and FO's request temporary basings, and is it typically difficult to find 3-4 people to agree on the same place and time? I appreciate the help, and the time each will spend in responding to these questions.