PDA

View Full Version : Styrian Spirit

Micky
19th Jan 2006, 20:37
Hello there

can anybody help with info on styrian spirit?:confused:

Does anyone know if they are going to be recruting in the near future???

Cheers Micky
:ok: :ok:

Aerowinx
20th Jan 2006, 09:18
They don't have plans to expand and unfortunately there are still people on a list. My application is also there since at least 3 years and all my emails with questions about future recruitings came back, everytime with the same respond: "Sorry, we may recruit but we do not know when and we will keep your application on file".... so in my opinion: forget it!!! :{

Schöne Grüße aus D!
AW

BHX
21st Jan 2006, 16:00
Hope you manage to get in, great company..worked there for 3 months on contract. Best bunch of guys and girls around. Good luck

tomuchwork
12th Feb 2006, 11:22
Hi guys,

here some help about Styrian:

they have 4 aircraft, 3 CRJ200 and 1 CRJ700. A CRJ 900 is due in april or May, depends if they can get the money for this a/c from the shareholders.

In general: They need a lot of pilots, you should be very experienced, so they can put you in front of their poor first officers to give you a DEC. As well beeing a friend of one of the management pilots should help...:ok:

Then you should be prepared to work for as less money as possible(second officer around 1600-1700 Euro net/month, and you will be s/o very long, captain around 3200 net/month), as much as possible. As well you should not like holidays, because you won`t get them!
If you complain you GET trouble with management, even you are right.

The positive things: most of the old crews are nice people(except some function pilots, as usuall:hmm: ), dont know about the new guys(check above about beeing a friend of management pilots:suspect: ). Of course there are exceptions.

If you are willing to loose 3 years of your life(thats the duration of the bond you`ll need to sign)to build up hours, and getting later on a good job - have a shot. As soon the big airlines around the world start to hire as well pilots typerated on smaller aircraft than 737 upwards, then there should be a lot of jobs available within Styrian. Good Luck!

At the end - yes I am a pilot(with a job), and no - I did`t try to get a job with them and they refused me, so i could pay back in this way. :E