PDA

View Full Version : Air Berlin

discoinsert
10th Jun 2004, 07:48
Does anyone know when these two airlines might start hiring again?

Sky Goose
10th Jun 2004, 14:52
Have you tried, www.ppjn.com, they have info any the airlines mentioned, how accurate it is, I dont know.

joaco LAS PALMAS
12th Jun 2004, 17:35
I'm afraid they're not hiring non german speaking pilots. Anyway if you do speak german i have to tell you tha air berlin is a great airline.

discoinsert
13th Jun 2004, 11:31
My German is tolerable and gets better everyday. My real question is, are either of these two airlines accepting CV's?

Twin Star
13th Jun 2004, 12:09
@ discoinsert

Air Berlin hired more than 40 new FO's since Nov 2003 and for now this is enough. New incoming CV's are not accepted currently.

Hapag-Lloyd also hired some new FO's (with the terms and conditions of Hapag-Lloyd Express). Not sure if it is still running but I wouldn't assume it.
Give them a call, +49 511 9727 769 and ask for Tanja Hake or [email protected].

http://www.airberlin.com/site/deu/cockjobs2.php3?LANG=deu

http://www.hlf.de/westsite/content/unternehmen/deu_000901.html

flugfisch
17th Nov 2004, 09:14
Anyone here who survived the checkride.

If yes - it would be nice to know what they want to see.
I have a date at the end of November on a 737 Sim.

Thanks for help!

Hacki1977
9th Dec 2004, 13:08
Hello Flugfisch!
Not that much information within this forum...
I will be in the B733 tomorrow and the two following days.
What about your ride? Passed?
I will post again when Iīm back!! Otherwise: Good luck to you!

(Edit: fingertrouble)

Just_Stefan
3rd Aug 2005, 17:59
Hey,

Air Berlin is looking for pilots living in the Netherlands for there 737 ops to Palma. You have to be in possession of a 737 type.

http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/news/?id=9569

Cheers,

Stefan

squirrel cage tacho
1st Oct 2005, 14:08
Hello,

Does anyone have any recent information on the Air Berlin Sim Ride at L.F.T.? I was wondering what the profile was and havent found anything recent on a PPRUNE search.

If anyone has any tips/tricks on the 737-800 it would be appreciated.

Cheers,

S.Q.T.

Jinkster
1st Oct 2005, 14:48
do you speak german?

:)

GoAround-Flap15
1st Oct 2005, 16:59
You'll be screened with another candidate, starting off on the right hand seat. Easy departure (maybe a SID) then you have to fly different headings, an ILS, NDB and if the time allows it a single engine appr. (either ndb or ils).

Sometimes they do airwork as well: climb at 500fpm right turn 90°

After that you swop seats. On the left it is important that you support the other pilot and you will have to do the radio work.

While you're doing that the assessor will ask both candidates questions. Some calculations or explain how the air conditioning system works and so on.

It is rather tough, but you will be given the result straight after the assessment.

Hope that helps a bit

squirrel cage tacho
2nd Oct 2005, 17:20
G/AF15,

Thanks for that, I have sent you a PM with a few questions if you would be kind enough to answer them for me.

Cheers.

Jinkster, Not as much as I would like to but I am learning fast!

Sorry to anyone who is reading this thread based on its 4 star rating. Its not a four star thread, I accidentally rated it with the scroll wheel on my mouse before I clicked post and now I dont know how to \'unrate\' it.

DJ_Blackbird
19th Jan 2006, 20:08
Hello all,
I am eligable to go for an assessment with Air Berlin and would like to know if anyone can give me some tips on the preparation for this assessment.
Greatful for any info on this!
Since AB bought lots of airbus aircraft, my guess is that the assessment will be on such a sim.
cheers!

Micky
19th Jan 2006, 20:34
I thing AB screening are all done on 737....

regards Micky

DJ_Blackbird
19th Jan 2006, 20:46
Ok thanks, thats quite do-able.
Any chance on getting sim profile information?

Micky
19th Jan 2006, 21:52
What I have heard from guys from my school who have had there screening, it was realy fair a SID follod by an ILS and trying not to crashland the ship thats about it.

But this is hears say from my part. I will try and check and confirm put may take a few days.

Hope that helps

Cheers Micky

TheFlyingDJ
19th Jan 2006, 21:59
can you also find out about maybe the A320 sim?

- edit -

Aerowinx
20th Jan 2006, 09:55
Hi all,
first is to say, that Air Berlin is screening only people on the Airbus if they have a Typerating in it. All the others will be screened on 737. Furthermore you must speak fluent German. If you do so, it is no problem to find informations on the German Pilot Boards like www.pilots.de or www.cockpitjobs.de. I would check there first! I am sorry to tell all not German speaking applicants that they will have no chance to pass the Interview which is held afterwards. :{ I know this is bad news, but working language at AB is unfortunately German...

In spite of everything here some informations that i translated form the German boards:

737-800 Sim. The program was definitv feasible. About 30 minuten PNF and over again the same time PF. SID in Tegel. Then a climb to FL100 and a little Airwork. Descending turns and climbing turns. Then some Slow Flight inclusive turns. Then an Approach to Tegel. I had to fly an ILS, however, some others had to fly a NDB-Approach. (Source (http://www.pilots.de/ubb/NonCGI/Forum4/HTML/004206.html))

A320 Sim. Basically it is said, that people with hours fly a LOFT mission, and people with just a rating should show only AC Handling, IFR Procedures and Raw Data Handling.
PF: Take Off, TCAS, then SE engine, SE ILS, SE GA and then SE Vis Pattern with Full stop landing.
PNF: Take Off, ADR fault, A/Thr fault, TCAS, ENG fail in Cruise, SE NDB, SE GA, SE ILS and then Full stop landing. (Source (http://www.pilots.de/ubb/NonCGI/Forum4/HTML/004293.html))

I hope i could help...
Greetings and goog luck! :ok:
AW

fladder
3rd Feb 2006, 12:43
does anybody knows what to expect during a simride with air berlin?

Aerowinx
4th Feb 2006, 09:34
We had this once here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=207184&highlight=air+berlin)!

LUPA
22nd Mar 2006, 19:55
Hi folks:
Anyone that has taken or knows anything about Air Berlinīs 320 screening test and is willing to share any info, please PM me .
Many thanks.
Abrazos
LUPA

fladder
23rd Mar 2006, 06:32
did it on the 737 NG at LFT.
Nice atmosphere, relaxed instructor. A very good briefing before the grading. Same things as usual I guess:

TO
Level flight
slow flight
accelerate, decelerate
steep turns
step climb
descent
stalls (incl intro and example)
intercepts
3 approaches (1 precision, 2 non)

don't worry about the flying part, just worry about your German language for the next round. Interview after simride is a 20 minute talk about nothing, just a 'german language level test'.... goodluck. More info about good hotels in the aera of LFT, PM me.

Fokker 100
23rd Mar 2006, 11:54
Also did it on the 73 about 2 months ago.
Just 2 complete what is said above: everything must be done raw data!
No FD's, no autopilot, no a/t etc...

fladder
23rd Mar 2006, 17:28
I had another instructor I guess, we had to do both raw data T/O's and approaches and with A/T...also had the FD once to intercept ILS..

Pstatic
14th May 2007, 19:32
Hey everyone

I have got an interview with AB Coming up. I am very curious to find out what they might ask me!. Since I am not a german national I am also very curious to know how much emphasis they put on your german speaking abilities. My german is conversational!
I already passed their written tests and the sim check and hold an A320 rating.:ooh:'
Best regards

Pstatic

Pstatic
31st May 2007, 11:21
Well.....
Did the interview yesterday. Was offered the job and sent straight to the personell department to sign the contract!
TT 235
O Hrs on type
A320 rated:}
Starting next week, paid from today!

skyworks
31st May 2007, 13:45
Congratulations mate!!!
Good luck!! Enjoy !! :D