PDA

View Full Version : Off to Osaka

ACARS
19th Jan 2006, 19:23
Hello

This weekend I am flying EGLL to RJBB (Kansai Internation - The island one). Never flown this route before. I was wondering if anyone could give me an indication of the route and anything of interest.

Thanks

bacardi walla
20th Jan 2006, 06:09
Can't really help as the last time I flew there was from Cairo and I went via Novosibirsk. RJBB is a superb airport though :)

kumul1
20th Jan 2006, 18:07
If you are going through China, very high terrain obviously and they have very strict rules about staying on airways so do not expect any direct routings. Hi level charts will have special tracks for drift down procedures around these areas. All VHF coverage and english language used to you but when talking to their own it will all be in Chinese (or equivalent). If you fly over Beijing, On a good day, bits of the great wall can be seen. If usure where exactly to look, Jepp charts will have it indicated.
If visual with the airport in RJBB, expect a visual approach.
Have fun.;)

747flyboy
21st Jan 2006, 08:37
I have flown to Osaka Kansai many times. This route will take you over scandinavia and across Russia and then over the Japan Sea coming in to land at KIX about 11 hours and 30 mins later. If you are flying Jal and they have their eye in the sky on the main screens then you will see the fab approach. Skimming the waters coming into land on this man made island airport is not for the faint hearted. Hope you enjoy the ride and Japan!