PDA

View Full Version : Zb S06

FlyZB
19th Jan 2006, 16:33
Does anybody know if Monarch Scheduled are likely to announce any more new routes for Summer 2006? Or has their schedule been fully released now?

If it has, i've got to admit i'm a bit disappointed. Someone associated with Monarch posted a thread on a.net back in October saying we should expect some surprise announcements from ZB this winter, but so far the only significant expansion has been at BHX and 3 out of the 4 new routes from there are to existing ZB destinations.

Also, a friend of mine that works at the ZB ticket desk at MAN told me before xmas that they have 2 new routes planned from MAN that have yet to be announced. But when I questioned her about it the other day, she said that its all gone quiet.

ZB have only introduced 4 x weekly MAH from MAN so far, as well as increased frequency on the AGP and FAO routes. Not forgetting that daily MAD and NAP flights aren't likely to return this summer.

The airline seem to be doing very well at all their UK bases, so I would have expected a bigger expansion for this summer.

firstforfirstchoice
19th Jan 2006, 16:59
Hi

Monarch have just announced that they are delaying the start of their Murcia service from BHX, which was due to start in FEB, it has now been put back till April, apparently due to late deliveries of aircraft.
Didn't know Monarch had any aircraft on order/ Anyone know any different?
So if they have, perhaps they will still announce some new routes. I know Monarch were thinking of adding Gibralter from BHX this Summer, but no announcement has been made yet.

Anyone know how many aircraft are been based at BHX this Summer, think it is one for the charter and two for the scheduled side of operations, but looking at their timetable, on most days they are going to need a fourth aircraft, so perhaps they will aquire aircraft this summer.
Thanks for any help,

Cheers.

FlyZB
19th Jan 2006, 17:56
They have 1 new A321 on order (G-OZBL i believe) and that is due to be based at BHX all summer to operate the new scheduled routes from there. As far as I know, this is the only aircraft on order at the minute. Don't know if anyone else knows otherwise?

Additional scheduled services at their other bases would have to come from a reduction in charter traffic, meaning more aircraft would be freed up to operate their scheduled routes. I believe this happened at MAN a few years back when MON charter flights from LPL were suspended and the LPL based A320 was moved to MAN to cover the increase in scheduled flights.

Perhaps this will be done at LTN/LGW if there are no more orders placed for additional aircraft? As far as MAN is concerned, even with the MAH flights and increased capacity on AGP and FAO, surely there are available aircraft to serve new routes because MAD and NAP have been discontinued.

Mr @ Spotty M
19th Jan 2006, 21:34
FlyZB
Monarch do not have a new A321 on order.
The extra A321 this summer is an ex BMI aircraft.:ok:

FlyZB
19th Jan 2006, 23:58
Quite correct. Apologies, my mistake. I knew that a 321 would be joining the fleet and as the other 321's were purchased from new (at least the majority were i'm sure), i presumed that this 1 would be as well.

Is this aircraft just being leased to ZB for the summer then or will it be with the airline permanently?

Mr @ Spotty M
20th Jan 2006, 05:19
FlyZB
The lease is for a number of years.:ok:

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
20th Jan 2006, 11:11
FlyZB - Monarch due very few charter flights out of Luton these days, so little scope to reduce those.