PDA

View Full Version : air atlanta are they going to get the boot?

leec1
18th Jan 2006, 21:35
anyone have any idea if air atlanta will be given the boot from tcd this year?:hmm:

cornwallis
18th Jan 2006, 21:46
TCD?Sorry dont understand this tla.

leec1
18th Jan 2006, 22:30
sorry travel city direct will they do you know still be using air atlanta for the 2006 season seeing as its been a near disaster recently delays of a huge scale!!:hmm:

cornwallis
18th Jan 2006, 22:34
I did a sub for excell just before xmas to sfb.We were doing it because the excell aircraft was out east trooping.Apparently myt did it the week before.If Atlanta/excell lose it who is going to do it?I am not sure why this thread is in the techlog section.

BOTFOJ
19th Jan 2006, 08:18
Given that they are both owned by the same group I'd say it's highly unlikely :}

RevMan2
19th Jan 2006, 08:28
They're sure as heck going to get the boot from LH Cargo - so sez the word from the top floor .....

Mad-Air
27th Jan 2006, 00:08
Sorry but all things considered...... They're all onwned by The Avion Group.......or something on those lines..
Unless Mr. Wyatt has (CEO of Excel Group I believe). has got another cunning plan up his sleeve!
But saying that XLA have gone from being the top of the punctuality rating to near, as damn it, the bottom in only 5 years!!
Interesting thread though....

afterdark
27th Jan 2006, 13:52
Both owned by the same parent company so it is highly unlikely especially if Air Atlanta is loosing customers elsewhere as predicted by others.
Is there any other carrier with at least 2 or 3 x spare widebodied long haul aircraft that lease rates would be quite low,
the only carriers ridding of older models, ex - KLM MD11, NW DC-10's,EK & AA- A300 ( these are probably already earmarked for cargo )that I expect lease rates would be lower, to purchase or lease ex - North American large aircraft such as UA 747/777,AC 762/A330/A340 would be more expensive with higher lease rates as would ex - QF 747/767 once they upgrade/recieve newer models
maybe they could look to Emirates to lease them an A380 or two in a few years. :D :D