PDA

View Full Version : Unable to access forums with original Username! Help.

BusyB1
18th Jan 2006, 21:33
Since the new format was introduced I am unable to post with my original username. I deleted all cookies and re-registered to no avail. The only response from PPRuNe admin has been to say that I have all facilities, which I haven't.
This is at the bottom when I'm logged in-

You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

I have re-registered with a 1 on the end and have no problems.
Any ideas appreciated.
Thanks in advance

BOAC
18th Jan 2006, 22:26
When I had a look at 'busyb' it told me that PPRune were still 'awaiting email confirmation' which normally means you have not replied to the PPRune admin email sent to you?

Since you appear to have 'last posted' on 29/12, I guess it can only mean you have changed your registered email address since then?

BusyB1
19th Jan 2006, 07:44
Yes, thats correct I have changed my email address but I was unable to request the activation email. If I try I get this

Welcome back BusyB. Your membership has not been confirmed and is not yet active! To become a fully registered user on these forums (required for posting or accessing certain features) you will need to verify the email address you gave in your registration by clicking a special link that was sent to you in our original welcome email. If you have lost this email, or it never arrived, please go here to request another activation email be sent to you. If you suspect your email address was not entered correctly, go here and fill the form out so an administrator can fix your account. Also, please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, pprune.org AND pprune.com, so that this and all future messages can reach you

The "here" links do not work they just give a message as below

"Not Found

The requested URL /sendmessage.php was not found on this server. "

It appears I need Admin to send me the email message.

BOAC
19th Jan 2006, 09:09
Aha! Looks as if you did the change at exactly the wrong time:) I guess you hit the server during the software swap-over.

Three choices - first two if you want to use original name

1) 'Re-change' your email address to trigger an email.

2) If that does not work (remember to check the new address inbox:eek: for that email)

use the 'contact us' link at page bottom to get admin to look at it.

BusyB
19th Jan 2006, 11:34
BOAC,
Many thanks for your suggestions. I have now re-changed back to the old address, received the admin email, rechanged back to the new address and all now works well.

PPRuNe admin didn't cover themselves with glory as after my first reply which told me everything was working (not the message you got) they ignored my next 3 e-mails!

Anyway, alls well now, thanks again.
BusyB

BOAC
19th Jan 2006, 13:12
Glad all is ok, bb. PPRuNe admin didn't cover themselves with glory as after my first reply - in defence of 'it' - 'it' has been a trifle busy with the change-over of software, and our "one-armed-paper-hanger" has been doing a lot of papering:)

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
20th Jan 2006, 11:00
With the new software I can only sign in if I use IE. I cannot sign in with the AOL browser which I have been using for many years.. If I use that it simply returns me to the page to enter my PW, etc. With IE I get in first time, every time.

BOAC
20th Jan 2006, 11:21
Is the AOL browser set to allow cookies? IIRC from my 'happy days':{ with AOL the browser WAS IE?

Jhieminga
20th Jan 2006, 11:35
EGLL director, I would say that your browser either rejects cookies, or it is set to use the cached version of the page. I think it is the cookie issue though, so if you could find that option in your settings, the trouble might be resolved perhaps.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
20th Jan 2006, 11:58
Hi Folks. Thanks for the ideas, but cookie settings make no difference. The bizarre point is that AOL appears to use IE, In fact, if one selects options to change browser settings from within AOL it simply opens the IE dialogue box.
This problem is not new. For some years my bank would not allow access via the AOL browser but via IE it worked fine. This current problem has only arisen since the change of PPrune software. Prior to that I could access via AOL.

BOAC
20th Jan 2006, 12:10
"0800-xxx-xxx" and talk to India:confused:

"Is the computer plugged in?"

"Are you in front of it now"

"Is it switched on"

Good luck.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
20th Jan 2006, 12:15
???????????????????????????????

BOAC
20th Jan 2006, 12:19
AOL help-line, HD - if you have not experienced it.......................... at least it is (was?) free.