PDA

View Full Version : Total Time

AndyDRHuddleston
18th Jan 2006, 20:50
I am in the process of putting my CV together and have a simple question regarding my total time!

Back in 1999 I started flying weightshift microlights on which I have 70 hrs. Since then I have gained my fATPL with a total fixed wing time of 270hrs. Now my question is...Legally, I guess you could say my total time is 270+70 =340hrs, but do any of you think that I should put this on my CV or do you think this will do me more harm than good, as they are not the fixed wing hours an operator would be interested in? Has anyone been in a similar position?

I thought that maybe I should put 270hrs TT but with an additional 70hrs noted under hobbies, but I can't help but feel that I should use the time to my advantage.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

ADRH

standardbrief
18th Jan 2006, 22:00
similiar question
i have around 90hrs on a c152 which i flew in new zealand can i use that towards my atpl (uk caa)

ps id put the microlight time under hobbies chief

-IBLB-
18th Jan 2006, 22:03
i would write down "340 TT, of which 230 SEP, 40 MEP, and 70 microlight" or something to that extend

bugz
19th Jan 2006, 15:51
Similar question, but would you include FNPTII Sim time from the IR and MCC on your total time, IF time and ME time??

Im not sure, looks better with it on though :ok:
Any suggestions?

Sky Wave
19th Jan 2006, 16:10
BUGZ

Plenty of threads on that topic here if you do a search. The answer is a big NO.

FNTP2 time does not count towards your total time. Log it seperately as Sim time

SW

sleepy head
19th Jan 2006, 18:21
If I was an employer, I wouldn't see any difference between 270 hours and 340 hours. In the big picture, it's the same thing.

Also, not sure, but I doubt microlight hours count. The answer is probably in LASORS

scroggs
21st Jan 2006, 11:06
I'm not sure of the definitive answer but I would suggest that if your microlight hours counted towards your CPL, include them. If they didn't, leave them out.

Do not include simulator time in your TT. Always show it separately.

Scroggs

AerocatS2A
21st Jan 2006, 12:00
similiar question
i have around 90hrs on a c152 which i flew in new zealand can i use that towards my atpl (uk caa)

No reason why not as far as I can see.

felixflyer
23rd Jan 2006, 21:14
I'm not sure of the definitive answer but I would suggest that if your microlight hours counted towards your CPL, include them.

Can you count Microlight hours towards your CPL?

Does this mean i can do some of my hour building on a microlight?

Ive always been unsure of what does and does count regarding microlight, PFA etc.

I take it you mean Jabiru etc and not the weightshift types

Regards

Mike

gibr monkey
24th Jan 2006, 13:59
Surley if you are flying a single engine piston rated under the CAA as that , then you log them down. If you are flying a motorised glider then that is a seperate licence so you log the hours down as that.The same with Hot air ballooning and gliding... surely.
I think you can put 10% of your non - single engine piston flying towards a course. Is that right scroggs?

jimpearce
24th Jan 2006, 14:19
I went through this in some detail before I did my CPL as I have about1450hrs microlight time, a mixture of Flexwing and fixed wing.
A microlight is a microlight be it a Puma Sprint or a Jabiru, it makes no difference.
For my PPL I got a credit of 10hrs, towards my CPL, nothing at all. Harsh but those are the rules apparently. LASORS doesn't really clear the matter up properly so I spoke to CAA.
In terms of hour building they can be done on an aircraft with a "Permit to Fly" or C of A, it makes no difference. I did my hour building on a "Streak Shadow" which cost me about £20/hr to fly. A light aircraft at microlight prices, if you want even cheaper try an Evans VP1!!

felixflyer
24th Jan 2006, 16:39
Sorry but i need to confirm what you have just said!!:ooh:

Does that mean i can use a streak shadow for my hour building??

That will save me £££'s :D :D

You say a microlight is a microlight, i thought a shadow was a microlight.

jimpearce
25th Jan 2006, 09:18
I am not an expert on this, just a little knowledge which is always dangerous!!!! The regular shadow is a microlight but the streak has wings which are shorter by about 18" meaning at the time of construction it could not be a microlight due to stall speed/wing loading.
the "streak" shadow I used for hours building was constructed around 1995 I think. At this time the aircraft did NOT comply with the microlight definition and was registered as a light aircraft. If this aircraft were built today I believe you may have a choice? micro or GA? but don't quote me on this!! The shadow flight centre at Old Sarum will be able to help if you're still confused!!
This whole area is quite rediculous, take the Eurostar for example, the only difference between GA and micro versions being a fuel pump!! I am now flying a Rans S6 tailwheel with the 116 wings which cannot be a microlight whereas the standard Rans is a microlight. There are plenty of chances for cheap GA types!!
Hope this helps.......

gibr monkey
25th Jan 2006, 15:31
On the thread of hours for c.v. and interviews, I was wondering if MCC hours count for anything at all other than just sim hours? Any body use the sim hours to beef out the CV.

Gib

-IBLB-
25th Jan 2006, 16:00
On the thread of hours for c.v. and interviews, I was wondering if MCC hours count for anything at all other than just sim hours? Any body use the sim hours to beef out the CV.

Gib

Nope, nothing other than sim-time

Meeb
25th Jan 2006, 18:41
Under the old CAA licence Microlight flying hours did not count toward CPL issue, but conversly they did count towards ATPL licence issue where a maximum of 100 hours were allowed, I am not sure of the situation with a JAA licence.

abracadabra
25th Jan 2006, 19:03
Regarding sim time on your CV:

If you are going to include it, it must be very clear what is what. If the interviewer discovers that 50 hours of your 250 hours 'total time' was on an FNPT II, then that's not going to look good! On the other hand, if you write: Total Time 250 hours (including 50 hours sim) that would be fine.

But why bother? There is no real difference between 200 and 250 hours. And more importantly, everybody will have virtually identical amounts of sim time for a given total time. So why write it on the CV at all?