PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 aircraft

fx-85ms
18th Jan 2006, 15:22
Jet2 operates mainly 737s and 757s. I was wondering in terms of operational efficiency do they get good value out of their aircraft? Does anyone know how many hours they fly them on an average day and what is their turnaround times at their main bases?

Jan the man
18th Jan 2006, 18:09
You may want to try the CAA statistics regarding aircraft utilisation.
On the topic of turnarounds I think it varies by airport, but I think turn times are higher than competitors such as Ryanair and easyJet. Maybe others can provide more insight on this.

Jan

FlyZB
18th Jan 2006, 22:07
Turnaround times at MAN seem to be 50 minutes+ not sure about their other UK bases.

Overseas turnaround times vary but tend to be about 40 minutes for airports such as AGP, ALC, FAO, MJV and this is the same as EZY, WW, etc.

Regular Cappuccino
18th Jan 2006, 22:40
They're also used at night on the Royal Mail postal flights

spanishflea
18th Jan 2006, 23:04
Theres currently a fair amount of slack in this winter schedule at Leeds, with lots of aircraft on the ramp for relatively long periods of time. The new summer schedule routes should see an end to that, but I still dont think they are being utilised quite as efficiently as say the Ryanair fleet.

HON 1R
19th Jan 2006, 00:29
I'm not too sure about anywhere else but the Manchester based 737s get the most used out of them with usually 4-6 sectors a day, starting as early as 6am and ending at 10pm. On top of that the combi's then also work through the night carrying freight, as mentioned above.

Turnaround times at the main bases are usually around 1 hour, give or take. Although at destinations they vary between 30 minutes to 3 hours, but most are around 40 minutes.

Hope that helps :)

Dale

Sub rosa
19th Jan 2006, 07:53
Jet2 don't have any combi's. Military variants aside, i'm not aware of a civil STC that ever approved the B737 for combi ops. Could be wrong though.

Think you mean B737QC or B737SF.

:)

Johnny F@rt Pants
19th Jan 2006, 10:09
Blimey Sub Rosa, I think that's the first post that I've ever read where you haven't had a dig at Jet2!!!:}

The answer to the question is wide and varied, turnrounds vary from 30 mins to 4 hrs 55 mins in GVA on a Sat morning. Most of the aircraft don't do 6 sectors per day, there might be only 1 or 2 per day doing that, most of the rest only do 4 max. Summer will see some changes, I'm sure there won't be enough time on the turnround in AGP for instance for us to go to Torremolinos for some lunch on the beach. You see Sub Rosa it's not all bad working here:ok:

I'm off to carry on with the decorating, I think I've got to do my weekly 2 sectors tomorrow:{ . It's a hard life here.

Jonathan

HON 1R
19th Jan 2006, 23:55
Jet2 don't have any combi's. Military variants aside, i'm not aware of a civil STC that ever approved the B737 for combi ops. Could be wrong though.
Think you mean B737QC or B737SF.
:)
Thanks for the correction Sub, you're right I did mean the B737QC. I posted that at 1.30am so my mind wasn't really functioning at it's best :p

Cheers,

Dale

Mr A Tis
20th Jan 2006, 10:41
SABENA, used to operate B732 combi's.
MAN-BRU circa 1989.
cargo pallets upfront maindeck-little side walkway for cabin crew to access flight deck. Pax sat to rear of aircraft. OOSDJ was definitely operated this way, as I've flown on it like that!!:eek:

EGBE0523
20th Jan 2006, 11:50
SABENA, used to operate B732 combi's.
MAN-BRU circa 1989.
cargo pallets upfront maindeck-little side walkway for cabin crew to access flight deck. Pax sat to rear of aircraft. OOSDJ was definitely operated this way, as I've flown on it like that!!:eek:

Yes SN did use 732 combi's as I flew BRU - TUN with them, config just as Mr A Tis described.

Can't remember which was worse flying Sabena or Tunisia itself!