PDA

View Full Version : RE QF demonstrates Worlds Best practice

bonvol
17th Jan 2006, 21:19
I see this one has got the click so rather than going backwards and forwards here I suggest pilots who want to hear all about it call AIPA. They are aware of what went on as is CASA.

blueloo
17th Jan 2006, 21:24
bonvol, any chance of pm me the details :E

Agent Mulder
17th Jan 2006, 23:13
Well if AIPA has reported its own members to CASA they have set a new record for being the stupidest bunch in the history of pilot representation.

Well done Mr Ed and Messiah!

Fancy having to defend the blokes after you dobbed them in!

God help us.

bonvol
18th Jan 2006, 00:02
It wasn't AIPA that reported it.

Tempo
18th Jan 2006, 03:07
Bonvol,

I dont know what your 'source' is on the previous post-but it is all just a load of S*&t. None of it whatsoever is true and I know that for a fact.

Rather than jump onto pprune with outrageous statements why dont you vent your frustration somewhere else.

bonvol
18th Jan 2006, 04:14
Thats a facile statement to make Tempo.

Based purely on the herculean efforts of the denials I would have to say
there is a lot of truth to it. I gather you spoke to one of the more senior people on the COM at AIPA then eh?

Bolty McBolt
18th Jan 2006, 16:10
bonvol

You are talking through your hat, to say the least.
Not sure what your motivation is, I guess all will be revealed in time, or your source will proved to incorrect

Agent Mulder
18th Jan 2006, 21:40
McBolt,

Never a truer word spoken.

Skyped a Captain and FO who are in Indonesia as we speak and both confirm that this is just a ridiculous rumour. The AIPA VP Engineers is currently operating the Hajj charters and given his style, this would not occur on his watch I am sure.

Unfortunately for the likes of Bonvol, the current crop of senior AIPA COM members (Mr. Ed the horse trainer, The Messiah and Rat Face) has about as much credibility as a eunuch in a sperm bank.

Wilbur, come in the room!!!!!

Woomera
19th Jan 2006, 00:31
OK chaps, the hot rumour is that I am actually Geoff Dixon and Julia Gillard is my love child from a teenage dalliance. :E :cool:

I have a little experience of the pressures generated during the Hadj, but neither do I subscribe to the notion that QF would behave thus.

I received a PM from GGV a poster in the original thread which for it's eminent common sense I hope he does not mind me posting here;

Closed thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see you closed the thread on which I posted last evening. Not having ever before visited your august section of the site I appear to have occasioned some mild confusion and trouble - perhaps you take things more seriously than elsewhere down yonder. However, it does seem to me that closing the thread might have been a bit excessive. I'm not sure what would have been wrong with leaving it open and letting people work the scam out for themselves. That however is your business. Had the thread been open, this is the post that I would have added:

nomorecatering the X-bleed start would not work because of a mag drop in the differential cross-feed valve feed mechanism.

I am almost at a loss for words …. notwithstanding the temptation to hype it up a bit further, I will just observe that to believe my original post requires:

1. Technical ignorance (min speed for the airstart of a B747 engine? Forget ground starting by wind milling).

2. A willingness to believe either that (a) QF crew are so corrupt that several crews over a period of days willingly undertook such an activity in the first place, much less in exchange for “free Duty Free” (!) … or (b) that unproved accusations (about anybody) regarding such rank corruption should be taken seriously, and,

3. That the poster was himself or herself a member of a crew that performed this feat of starting an engine during the T/O run (“…I think I’ll open a bottle of that very duty free now”).

I’m half tempted to apologise. But it does make you think about what people use for evidence and critical thinking when the following unsubstantiated nonsense should go unchallenged:
Quote:
let me just say that I have irrefutable evidence that it is true from a highly reliable source.

or
Quote:
This [accepting a manifest bribe] clearly establishes the veracity of the story.

Now, to be serious, I’ve learned a valuable lesson – if that kind of post can cause confusion on a rumour network then it not hard to see how people get the wrong end of the stick or manipulate stories that are somewhat less obvious. It certainly helps comprehend some of the misunderstandings that arise here on pprune from time to time.

In future I think I will avoid attempts at humour to wind down at the end of a hard day – though I was sober. But in future I think I will instead take to the booze.

:ok:

This is PPRuNe, where if you make a statement or allegation sooner or later you have to put up or shut up.

Can we get some closure on this or do I have to close it.

BUNYA
19th Jan 2006, 00:52
Mulder,
You can laugh at our leadership but I can say that they mightnt be the sharpest pencils in the case but at least they are in there sluggin away for us.
I know they haven't had a chance to do much positive stuff sine they've been there but look at all the other stuff they have done. The Messhiah as you call him has caught a fish and looked after his mum as well as counted the traffic on the harbour bridge. Were now card carrying members of the ACTU. Does that mean we will be marching on Labor Day? Do they have free beer afterwards/
Gee he's made his mark in the firm and forhright way with flightops and he told us that somebody thinks the new IR laws are bad for us. I mean what more could you ask for in these early days and he and Mr ED got rid of that terrible woman quick smart. Who needs women in a union esp those who won't be quiet and do as their told?

Their in there right now givng up all their spare time for us. What are you doing?

WhiteRat Wannabe
19th Jan 2006, 17:17
Been chatting with about 13 hajj crew over dinner tonight in Indonesia and they were all pissing themselves with laughter with regards to the 3 engine takeoff allegation. Someone's got their wires crossed. It's all going smoothly and the maintenance is good.

We're up here doing the job to a good standard and you read this rubbish from some loser.

Some people need to get a life. Seriously.

Tempo
19th Jan 2006, 19:22
Actually Bonvol, I was a crew member during the first phase of the Hajj so I think I can say with confidence that the crap you are posting is just that...crap. Enjoying yourself WWW?

Keg
19th Jan 2006, 20:26
Strewth, if anything is u/s around here it is the sarcasm detector. I reckon the ability of Aussies to detect sarcasm has dropped significantly in the last week! Even the bloke that posted the crap about the three engine stuff wasn't fair dinkum. I think he (or she) would be amazed that so many on this forum would think that it WAS a fair dinkum allegation. :eek: :{

Woomera
20th Jan 2006, 02:55
Keg

Thanks for that I'll get under the bonnet and have a tinker with the sarcasm detector.

I think the thronomister is gating the sensitivity valve, just needs notching up a level or two.

Gotta be careful as too much gets the farnarckling mob excited.:ok:

Oh and bonvol you haven't put yet, feel free to reengage when you can so;

Click!