PDA

View Full Version : Budapest

Negative 'G'
17th Jan 2006, 16:57
Hello,

I've decided to take a weekend break to Budapest with my other half, having never been before I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a good 3*- 4* Hotel somewhere near the centre within walking distance of the main 'sights' & restaurants/bars etc..

Which is the best side to stop for general sight seeing & good eating/drinking ? Buda or Pest, some of the guide books seem to contradict each other.

Cheers,

Neg G:)

Negative 'G'
18th Jan 2006, 13:42
Oh come on Ppruners, someone must have been their & got plenty of advice to offer

USE THE RUDDERS
18th Jan 2006, 14:31
Stayed in this one last Feb, although it was called something else then ( can't remember the name) but I notice it's having some renovations carried out.

http://www.easyjethotels.net/info_hotel.jsp?indiceGP=7
In the main shopping area of Pest walking distance to the metro, 2 min walk to the Danube.All round excellent hotel, we were there for 4 nights.

Enjoy

Atcham Tower
18th Jan 2006, 14:51
Try the Pilvax in Pest, Vaci Ut I think the street is. Right in the centre, close to the Elizabeth Bridge and the riverside walk with a spectacular view of the castle etc, especially at night. A good Italian restaurant is just round the corner, plus many other eating places in the area. Statue Park is definitely worth a visit!

Re-Heat
19th Jan 2006, 12:03
Art'otel was quite nice; Buda, opposite Parliament.

Negative 'G'
20th Jan 2006, 13:35
Ok thanks for the replys, keep them coming as all info is appreciated.

"Use the Rudders" Was that the hotel Taverna ? Your link had gone dead:(

So which is the main side, Buda or Pest ?

USE THE RUDDERS
20th Jan 2006, 14:48
That's the one.
Pest seemed to be the main side as much of all the sites were in Pest.
The citidael is in Buda, cracking views from the top.

Would recommend the Military Museam which is in Buda not far from the Palace and also the House of Terror.
You can do all the sites within 3 days as the transport links are good.:ok: