PDA

View Full Version : The gap between high school and applying to CX CPP

02gwong
17th Jan 2006, 16:06
Dear all,

This is actually my first post here. I am now studying in high school in the UK, and I am very keen on joining CX as a cadet after I am 18. As I am not the yet reaching their minimum age, I am still getting myself prepared before my application.

So, may I ask you kindly to give me some suggestions that whether I should go to university, or go for my application, or other ways.

Your replies will be appreciated.

Thanks

SaiGab

grob115
19th Jan 2006, 10:37
It is totally up to you if you want to apply straight after High School or after university. I think usually there are a mix of high school and university graduates who got into the cadet pilot program. I think you need to ask yourself a few questions before you apply.

1) Do I really want to do this?
2) Am I mature enough to do this? (You can still get kick out of Cathay even if you have graduate from this program. If you can not meet the standard and if you are deem not suitable to be a Cathay pilot.)
3) Do I want to work for Cathay and live in Hong Kong? (You will be stuck with a 6 year contract with them.)
4) Finally, are you ready? If you hesitate, that means you are not ready.

There's no difference if you are high school or university graduates, neither will prepare you better or worse. The actual materials that you will be learning is not very difficult but you do have a lot to study and a lot to memorize. So if you think you are ready for a once in a life time opportunity, then go ahead and send in your applications. Good luck.

kwokwinguk
19th Jan 2006, 14:10
I totally agreed with Agrob 115 that decisions is entirely upto you. But i say continue further study seems the best option. the reason i say this because it will help you distinguish you a little more than those from other less educated ones, a degree shows your employer that you are motivated and can study to pass exams, and some uni offers pilot training degree which you can get some free flying (a very good option to prove your employer that you are commited to flying as a career).

anyway, decisions is up to you:ok: