PDA

View Full Version : Aer Arann v's Air Wales v's Euromanx - Who will win??

holiday pay
17th Jan 2006, 15:12
Its quite clear that come this summer there will be a battle of the regional operators supplying the Isle of Man, Ireland and to some extent now, Cardiff and Wales..

Who will win? Euromanx seem to be concentrating on their immediate routes from the Isle of Man with an announcement they are dropping plans to operate in Waterford, whilst Aer Arann continue expansion into Cardiff and Luton.

Are Aer Arann pushing their luck? Do Euromanx have a secret weapon? Or will Air Wales finally start using their aircraft?

euromanxdude
17th Jan 2006, 15:38
All will be revealed sooner than you think.

Stone Cold II
17th Jan 2006, 16:30
Aer Arran will be the overall winners, don't know to much about Euromanx these days it's basically a different company from the one I knew when I worked for 6G and we did a couple of months charter work for Euromanx.

Air Wales seems to be exploding with new routes at the moment and I like the new Air Wales travel website, seems to be moving in the right direction again.

Don't think Euromanx and Air Wales are competing against each other to compare which one of the 2 will be the best, but Aer Arran will beat Air Wales on both the BHD and DUB route mainly because they will market it a lot better.

The_Bean_Counter
17th Jan 2006, 16:37
Aer Arann to launch two new services from Cardiff to Dublin and Belfast City Airports
8th December 2005, Aer Arann, Ireland’s premier regional airline, today announced that it will begin operating two new services from Cardiff to Dublin and Belfast City from 27th March 2006. The airline will operate two flights per day on each route with a 50 seater ATR42 aircraft. Fares and schedules that will suit both business and leisure passengers are currently being finalised and will be announced mid December.

WOWBOY
17th Jan 2006, 17:29
Aer Arann to launch two new services from Cardiff to Dublin and Belfast City Airports
8th December 2005, Aer Arann, Ireland’s premier regional airline, today announced that it will begin operating two new services from Cardiff to Dublin and Belfast City from 27th March 2006. The airline will operate two flights per day on each route with a 50 seater ATR42 aircraft. Fares and schedules that will suit both business and leisure passengers are currently being finalised and will be announced mid December.

And they are not bookable and they said from the begining of January they would be availble to book but they aren't!
I can't see it launching on 27th March!!

virginblue
17th Jan 2006, 17:35
How about a merger ? Routes complement well.

Dash-7 lover
17th Jan 2006, 20:18
Rumour has it that Euromanx's reputation has gone down the tubes on the IOM and that the IOM govt are actively seeking more reliable carriers. Aer Arran seem stable enough. Air Wales are keep changing their schedules almost a quickly as EMX -maybe Air Southwest could sweep through???

Hansol
18th Jan 2006, 13:46
Dash 7 - lover you couldn't be more wrong. EM recorded schedule punctuality of 100% last week, the government love them now and they are certainly winning the war with AA.

CWL_Chris
18th Jan 2006, 13:48
Air Wales and Aer Arran look like they will be merging. If you take the route announcement that Aer Arran made with the new BHD and DUB routes to CWL, it states it is due to commence on the 27th of March - the same day as Air Wales will start it's new services, one of them being CWL-BHD. Merger here we come!

Regards,
Chris

dwlpl
18th Jan 2006, 13:59
Don't think that the date is of major significance apart from it being the first Monday of the summer schedules.

flower
18th Jan 2006, 15:54
CIAL has made absolutely no announcement about Aer Arran flying from Cardiff this summer, with everything else they have been very quick to get announcements out.
As for Air Wales and Aer Arran merging, what proof is there? not heard a dickybird about it except for people to say that it is utter bo**cks. I wouldn't bet on it soon.

Dash-7 lover
18th Jan 2006, 17:40
Hansol

EMX 100% on time last week...... ooer ! There's a first for everything..... BOVERED!

manx crab
18th Jan 2006, 18:49
Euromanx only post puctuality figures when they are good, on poor weeks the website mysteriously never gets updated.
That said, everyone would have a lot more confidence in them if last years operation had been as reliable as this winters.
There must still be some doubt about their long term finances though as all this competition must be reducing yields and you would have to think that Arran have much deeper pockets

Stone Cold II
18th Jan 2006, 20:41
I am sitting on the fence in terms of the Aer Arran takeover of Air Wales, speaking to a friend of mine in Aer Arran recently he did say that the company is thinking about taking over a British regional airline but did not state which one, but Air Wales is the likely one. Speaking to several friends within Air Wales some are convinced that the 2 will merge, but who knows, many things get said about Air Wales but never seem to happen, remember the classic quote that Air Wales would not last 6 months! Well it's been over 5 years now and the recent explosion of new routes doesn't sound like a takeover is going to happen soon, maybe a possible partnership between the 2 is more likely.

Hansol
19th Jan 2006, 06:58
Come on Euromanxdude spill the beans.

Dash-7 Lover, you're not happy that EM are doing so well are you ?

MOR
19th Jan 2006, 07:15
So what are Euromanx doing with those RJs? I had heard they were doing charters... what is the future for that fleet?

spanishflea
19th Jan 2006, 08:26
The RJs still seem to be flying pretty regularly on normal routes despite claims they have been grounded.

standardbrief
19th Jan 2006, 23:15
was in isle of man few days ago the typical scene i c always:

2 146s parked way down some random ramp no where near the airport
2 dash 8s sitting on another randon ramp no where near the terminal

id say theyd do better if their planes flew!

why dont they just give up

ps atr operator if you read this the mullet sux!

euromanxdude
20th Jan 2006, 19:11
Howdy standard brief!
yep both rj's were parked at the otherside of the airfield known as 'south park'. The 2 dashes were prob most likely parked on remote stands in between flights for example the 300 would have arrived in from LCY round about 11am and wouldnt go out until 13.35pm back to LCY and the 200 would probably been doing the BHD/DUB schedule that goes at 16.00. However thats is on a weekday - shecdules are certainly different on a weekend - maybe that is when you were there?

Howdy Hansol - well one of my work buddies told me that he was speaking to an old friend from BA who told him of an announcement - reminds me of my BD days - anyhow just heard part one - just a reorganization of depts etc and dept heads.

And RJ's are still beeing used for planned and ad hoc charters. One is nightstopping in man tmw night.

Any how thats it folks!

skiddyiom
25th Jan 2006, 14:48
The only news about Euromanx's aircraft appears to be that they are looking to ditch the Dorniers as well as the RJ's, take delivery of another Dash 8 and standardise their fleet on one type. Commonsense really, but whether it happens or not...............

Skiddy

rsutt1
12th Feb 2006, 18:26
I know one thing........It won't be Air Wales

rotorblades
12th Feb 2006, 18:29
Euromanx on time - wow, the amount of times ive had to sit waiting for the EMX isle of Man service to come and go before closing is quite high, nearly as bad as when air wales were operating from Cardiff/swansea to the docklands:)