PDA

View Full Version : AIRASIA's Interview/selection process for Direct Entry

VMK
17th Jan 2006, 02:29
Hey All,

Just want to ask......anyone here know any idea whats the selection process for airasia's direct entry applicant? Hope you guys can help. thank you.

A330AV8R
17th Jan 2006, 08:13
On 320's or 73's ?

VMK
17th Jan 2006, 08:16
for both.....

737 and 320

rsull
20th Jan 2006, 22:01
im also looking for info on entry for the 737.
can anyone help?

coco-nuts
21st Jan 2006, 01:05
I also filled out the on line forms many many months ago. I got an email that said they would get in contact me within a few days and then it just went cold. Having said that i heard of a guy who got the job by turning up at the doorstep and offering to work at local wages etc etc. Hope this help.

cheers
coco

UnLuckPiloT
13th Feb 2006, 06:32
fellows sky mates......air asia is not as good as what you guys though mate...
can u imagine work maximum inside cockpit and getting the pay of as low as normal civil engineer.....and the management are all military minded YOU ONLY FOLLOW ORDER no question no refuse...if you refuse you will be GROUNDED!!

Virtual Reality
15th Feb 2006, 13:09
UnLuckPiloT,
Have you tried MAS? There are 3 cat of pilots in MAS, either you are ex-cadets, expats (even Indons, Iraqis etc...) or PARIAH :{ :{ :{ ........ At least AK treated all of you equally ... which category ??? You may answer yourself .....;)

bonecollector2
16th Feb 2006, 13:35
hey unluckpilot
...at least you got a job my friend here i am living on hand to mouth still in search. you just don't know how lucky you, are my friend.
i'll give my first born to sit where you are sitting right now..

still looking.....:sad: :sad:

FlighHigher2
16th Feb 2006, 18:30
Can anybody give us some real info on the selection process, requirements, nationality restrictions, where and how to apply, please?

Sabastienl
20th Feb 2006, 17:51
Hi Mates,
a Freind of mine recently tried with them and he was told he missed the hiring ship - they only carry out hiring 2wise a year, hiring once in Jan. and the other time by June, can anybody confirm this........as my freind and I are type rated and ready to go but no actual A/C experience...would love to know what is the situation like? Anybody has any info. and don't mind sharing it with the wannabees will be well apreciated. As well if anybody
has any info. on the salary for a foregin pilot is like & what sort of other
benefits are being offered by the co. if there are any! I had known there
were some Irish pilots with the co., their replies will also be appreciated as
my freind & I are from europe....at least We can see what they offered the
Irish boys since things will be the same for us,.....I think!
Cheers :)

bonecollector2
21st Feb 2006, 12:52
you can apply but the DCA will make it hard for any expat...applying for any right hand seat job in mal....rightly so i guess, they have locals who wants to do the same job. So they l get look at first...

Chill
21st Feb 2006, 18:09
Virtual Reality.

Sorry to remove your VR glasses for a minute, but whatever gave you the idea that the expats (Indon, Iraqi or otherwise) were treated equally??? Workload, yes - all got the same job to do under the same demanding conditions. Bonds, yeah maybe - all got outrageous bonds, but only the expats got ridiculous penalty clauses in their contracts. Pay, same-same - all on the same low pay, but only locals will benefit from a bulk of the employee shares. Fleet transition, :yuk: I s'pose AA can "put the blame" on DCA for that one - "We'd like to put you all on 320, but DCA won't let us..."
There's local terms, and then there is "local terms" - welcome to reality :hmm:

Bonecollector2.

I know your "pain" and sadly many will appear luckier than you at this time, but truth is only the minority are lucky enough to waltz straight in. The rest of us required years (some cases decade) of disciplined perseverance. "Getting in or started" is probably the hardest part and if you really want it, you'll need dedication and perseverance (I don't say patience because "just waiting" won't get you anywhere, you have to keep making progress in one way or another). There is a certain amount of "glamour" about this profession, but the reality is often far less glamourous - be sure this is what you want because already in AA I've seen cadets come in thinking this is some sort of "cushy, easy street" career. AA might seem easier to get into that most other airlines (for now anyway), but that in no way means the job is easier - I doubt you will ever work harder in an airline than in an LCC (particularly AA, Ryan and many others I'm sure). Keep at it and you'll get there one day - timing is everything :cool:
Your last comment is only partially correct - of course DCA will impose restrictions on foreign pilots (in the interests of local pilots and national integrity) as far as licencing is concerned and this has been somewhat brutally proven on the Airbus recently, however not true on the Boeing - this has been AA's "concession" to date. I think you will find it has been the same for MAS over the years - "concessions" are made when it suits both parties involved, LHS or RHS.

FlighHigher2.

Wish I could tell you, but for a "transparent" company this place can be surprisingly "opaque" (or perhaps it's just virtual reality). What else can I say ... :eek: The opinions of AA Management may not necessarily be those of various Government Departments - let that be a caution. For all the aspiring "cadets", the latest announcement from Training is Cadet Entry is frozen until further notice, expected to re-open in 2007.

Sabastienl.

Cadet Entry perhaps, but as I said it is frozen for now. For all the rest I've seen no pattern - they hire when they feel like it. One month they're okay for crew, next month there's too many, next month too few... :* is there such a term as "manpower rollercoster"? You have a 737 TR, but no time... best bet go see PARC (eg. the "Irish guys"), but be prepared for T&Cs - AA will want blood if you even think about breaching contract (and you WILL think about it eventually), Management is learning (albiet very slowly) from prior experience, but they only have themselves to blame. You'll get the "other" local terms :rolleyes: but generally expect to earn around RM6000 +/- 1K nett per month (all line FOs, trainees a little less for a while). Benefits :hmm: free bottles of water in flight, half a dozen travel coupons (each good for 2 sectors within the AA network), unlimited ID75 STL (AA network only, and if you ever get time to use it), 28 days annual (if you get to take it), 10 days sick leave (you'll probably need it), 24hr personal accident/health coverage (ING) - but no Loss of Licence cover (Virtual Reality take note).

Sabastienl
23rd Feb 2006, 22:58
:ok: Hi Chill
Thanks mate for the good well valued info.!..you mentioned if a person
starting with AA and has 73 rating will start as cadet? please confirm or
would he start as regular F/O,I don't want to miss understand you. As well
you mentioned salary approx 6000 +/- what is that equivelant in US $$$?
Chill ...you seem to have first hand take on what is going on at AA, and for
that don't mind me mate to ask few more Qs as I said my freind and I are
both interested...and we know the place may not be Disney Land but we
need the almighty Jet time; so my questions go as such;
1. What does the interview involve? is it rigours or is it laid back...any sim
ride evalution? .....would it be worth to get couple of hours of sim beef up
before coming down for the interview?
2 Are we expected to pay for our traveling tickets to KL or is it provided
for the selected canidates?
3. If selected how long does it take to get your medical + license conversion?
are there any flight test...ground test required to be taken care of by the
authority prior to 73 line & doc?
4. How long is the training on A/C before you are told "checked out" and
license signed?
5. Accomedation ....day 2 day living expenses how expensive KL?
You mentioned 3 year bond can you pay it off and leave when you need to?
O by the way I did contact Parc....but they have nothing at mean time they
suggested to provide them with my details incase if something comes up...
all the pos. they have currenly req. 500h on type or 1000h minimum so no joy!
Chill ....thanks alot for your help and enjoy KL I heard it is a nice place to
live!